Reviews for A Soul of Fire
RWBYFanatic64 chapter 40 . 1/24
I have no words for this...

This was by far one of the best Fate fics that I have ever stumbled upon. How do you make Minaka likable without making him a quirky villain! Just HOW! Almost all the primary recurring Characters had a depth to them, even of they did not have much ‘screentime’. And the final Battle against Blackmore was fantastic.
And the implied reason of why the Sekirei ship crashed in the first place had me rolling on the floor laughing for a good 10 minutes (the antics of the Immortal, Dimensionally-challenged Troll inadvertently strikes again [even if he was not the one behind the second moon, he still was involved in the situation]). Minaka was Badass incarnate in this fic, not only did you provide a good reason for not only his eccentrics but also provided the perfect reason as to why the sekirei plan existed in the first place. ASoF Minaka will always have my undying respect for going all out just to fix his own mistake.
CecilRedwing chapter 40 . 1/11
Ok old story but somethings have to be said. First off excellent characterization of the seikiri you did in fact give them more dignity than their creator. Second the romance was well paced and Shirou getting all three was done in a believable manner and it certainly did not feel out of place. Nero was spot on the whole time and combining her golden theater with a reality marble was genius. And most of all, you finished it, so many fate stories are left unfinished, so From the bottom of my heart thank you for the wonderful story
brokenstrings001 chapter 1 . 12/30/2017
You know it doesn't work with Shirou Kotomine like how it worked with Shirou Emiya since Shirou K is a servant that actually born long ago rather than losing his memory.
Linda chapter 22 . 12/8/2017
Making Shirou bisexual is the definition of needless complications. I can't imagine why you thought it would be a good idea, particularly when there's so much going on with Rin, Sakura and the various Sekirei whose attention he has been grabbing.

I think it's a matter of your own personal preferences and biases infecting your work, which is truly disappointing. You should have saved that for a story that isn't about a guy dropped into city that's the center for a harem anime. There's too much going on already without muddying the waters further because you think it's cute or interesting for Shirou to also like cock.

Time and place. This is neither. Don't dump all your ideas in one place. It's like trying to mix too many colors together. It'll just end up ugly.
Gandrin chapter 40 . 12/2/2017
Overall, I really enjoyed A Soul of Fire. I don't know why, but I didn't expect to see a Shirou Kotomine literally ever. Nor did I expect to like anything to do with Kirei. But here I am at the end of a very enjoyable read that was good from start to finish.
Also, congratulations on officially having written the most badass Minaka the world will ever see. This is how you take literally one of the most unlikable characters to have ever existed and make him fucking awesome.
Also really liked how Homura ended up, because I think you're right, you've got one of the only male Homuras in the fandom. Him and Shirou's interactions were always great.
The only big thing I didn't really like was Matsu and Kazehana's end; I love Matsu, and to see her with such a bittersweet ending makes me sad. Though I do realize it was the most realistic result for them, given how things progressed.

I just realized though, the Epilogue didn't include Akitsu anywhere. I mean, it's basically a given that she's going to be where ever Sakura goes, but still, you left best girl out of the Epilogue.

Anyways, like I said, I really enjoyed this one. I'm looking forward to more from you in the future.
Guest chapter 10 . 10/22/2017
Miya was like “I said, biiiiiiiiitttttch!”
Axcel chapter 35 . 10/14/2017
Yes, Matsu, the United Nations military force composed of rival nations working together were after the power of the Sekirei. Because that is so much better than just shooting someone. Or, you know, shooting the Sekirei. Oh, and before they even knew anything about the Sekirei and so couldn't have been there for their power. If we ignore that canon never demonstrates such power from the Sekirei anyway.
Axcel chapter 33 . 10/13/2017
Naturally instead of simply combusting Karasuba or using the spell thing used on Homura when first introduced to the Burial Agency to strip Karasuba of her power and strength, Shirou just goes around spamming fire and laughing crazily.
Axcel chapter 32 . 10/13/2017
Well, if Miya does hurt someone Shirou cares about, I'd say Binding her (like magically) and then pretending to summon Takahito's soul and then torturing it in front of her to the end of her life would be suitable. Wow, with that way of thinking I'd have made a great Greco-Roman god...
Axcel chapter 27 . 10/13/2017
Yes, Miya would hold them accountable. For people used to fighting threats to the entire world as in "I can eat the planet" or "I can collapse this plane of existence merely by existing in it" and that Miya herself is weaker than many Executers and Enforcers...well, her threat comes off as incredibly arrogant and ignorant.
Axcel chapter 27 . 10/13/2017
Well, given that Nasuverse has mentioned at least one Dead Apostles eating a city in Africa, from what I recall, and that Dead Apostle Ancestors have been known to cause devastation on a national level...it reeeeeaaallllly sucks to be Tokyo at the moment, huh...
Axcel chapter 24 . 10/13/2017
It's cute how MBI things it's a big boy.
Axcel chapter 21 . 10/13/2017
Most exorcists and executors are not magic users. Their sigils make it unnecessary anyway. Though, the Vatican does have many magic users. Technically, a "Magus" is a member of the Magus Association or someone who pursues similar goals and means as the Association's members. No idea what mages not part of the Association are called.
Axcel chapter 17 . 10/13/2017
Apostle/Sekirei hybrid sounds useless. They are faaaar fewer than magi, far less powerful, far less skilled, and magi based Apostles are very powerful and a known factor that is easy to infect.
Axcel chapter 16 . 10/13/2017
Oh look, a magus who is surprised her flimsy pet was effortlessly defeated by a servant and who thinks she can fight said servant personally. That is most likely a truly first event in history as no other magus has ever been so insanely foolish as that in all the time the Grail Wars have existed.
1,341 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »