Reviews for A Soul of Fire
Titan of war chapter 32 . 3/18
You are the best! please update sooner
I don't think Kotomine will address some child 'Mister/Miss', more so his own ward. It just don't suits him.
At least, I think, he'll address by full name, should the need arise.
Yikari chapter 32 . 3/11
Thank you for the update!

Dat poor building.

A good deal of the characters seem to be positively enamored with the armblades. These don't seem to cut the mustered anymore though. Maybe, if I remember my Prototype terminlogy right, they should try use the hammers, so to speak? Less precision required, more damage, what's not to like?

Wonder what the big bad plans to do here. Given what we've seen so far, he's probably has a plan to subjugate Miya in some way, probably using them magical stones now that Takehito can't be leveraged against her.
Agailius chapter 32 . 3/10
Aaawww, HELL. Miya is going to go apeshit on Blackmoore so bad the resulting collateral damage will make the Hulk fluster.
harlequin320 chapter 32 . 3/10
interesting, very interesting, keep up the good work
Captiosus chapter 32 . 3/9
Berserker Miya? RUN THE FUCK AWAY!
Rexnos chapter 32 . 3/9
So far I've been incredibly impressed with this story. While not quite on par with In Flight, this has been a well-written and engaging off-shoot. You've done a number of things in the story incredibly well and only a handful could use improvement.

The plot of your story is definitely one of its best points. The sheer amount of content you've added in regards to Shiro, the church and vampires is staggering in its breadth and has been mixed together very effectively. I'm uncertain to exactly what extent you're using personally created content and what has been taken from other sources, but I've decided I don't particularly care. I really appreciate the occasional Hellsing references as well.

The areas of plot design you could stand to improve in are pacing and tension. I have a feeling you're already aware of the pacing issues in this story, as you've commented on them occasionally in your author notes. Quite frankly, there are several chapters in this story which add very little to your character or plot development. While some of these moments are important, whether in regards to exposition or simply to give your characters a degree of normalcy in the midst of the conflict, you've had a tendency to linger on them a bit too long.

Your issues with tension are more severe. On several occasions now, most notably the existence of Blackmore and the vampiric sekerei, you've burst your own bubble in regards to dramatic tension. While it might seem important to inform your audience as to the motives and existence of important characters, particularly bad guys, it can be even more important to keep them hidden until the correct moment. Letting this information slip too early can ruin the moments of a story which should instead blow readers minds. An example of this done correctly is shown in the last chapter. I had no idea Blackmore had turned Takehito. It was a wonderful (or maybe horrifying?) surprise which made me want to keep reading and see what sort of impact it was going to have.

That's probably more than enough of a review, but I'll also note that you have some very nice fight sequences and interesting characters. I'm not sure where you pulled Nero from exactly, but she's certainly one of a kind. I'm looking forward to watching her really cut lose in a fight. She hasn't really had her moment to shine yet. I'm also looking forward to what is driving Minaka. It's obvious so far that there's more to him than meets the eye, but we don't have enough information to determine his motivation. You've dropped just the right amount of foreshadowing in that regard.

Later,
Rex
XenotheWise135 chapter 32 . 3/7
It appears as though Blackmore does have some general trepidation when it comes to fighting Miya. I mean, Miya is a Pillar. She is the single Sekirei still alive that holds their entire existence together, especially when you look at her connection to Kouten. She is an absolute monster when it comes to combat, and I would argue that she could fight at the level of a Servant, even if you as an author would think otherwise.

My point? Please don't have Blackmore annihilate her XD
Apex85 chapter 32 . 3/4
Hoping to see Karasuba get torched. Plus I can only pity Miya. As strong as she is, I doubt she can handle a serious ancestor.
tsun chapter 32 . 3/4
Well... What a cliffhanger.
anonymous chapter 32 . 3/3
I hope that he ends up with the black sekirei.
Modis chapter 32 . 3/2
Loved this, can't wait for the next chapter
Grinja chapter 32 . 3/2
Put an end to the Black Sekirei? I'm hoping he keeps her. By tagging along with him she can fight all the evil and powerful nasties she wants and forget about killing humans.
Three things: 1) Awesome Story. 2)MIYA JUST SLICED A BUILDING IN HALF? 3) Are you going to update Birds of a Feather?
This is a good series. not really my cup of tea but good none the less.