Reviews for Bah! Humbug
Guest chapter 5 . 2/8/2014
Just an FYI: I live in Southeast Texas and am familiar with the type of Mexican Spanish that Johnny Madrid would have used. Mi hijo is contracted in Mexican Spanish to "mijo", not m'hijo. Also, it's "young hacendado", not haciendado. Tio mio sounds awkward in Mexican Spanish. The more common verbage would be mi tio or mi tia (my uncle, my aunt). Otherwise, everything sounds great!
Cruelest Sea chapter 5 . 1/5/2013
Beautifully done! I love Dickens and you did an amazing job combining A Christmas Carol and Lancer. Loved it. (:
Pacifica Grove chapter 5 . 1/1/2013
A truly inspiring story from one of our best Lancer writers.
It'll be enjoyed for years to come as a Lancer Christmas story classic.
cindy chapter 5 . 12/26/2012
really enjoyed how you wove the Lancers through the traditional christmas story. I always thought the show writers failed to explore what it would take to draw these strangers together as one loving family. Fortunately, fanfiction writers do a great job of building the familial bond between the characters. Than k you for a lovely story.
R. Kent chapter 5 . 12/24/2012
Thank you for this lovely story. I think Mr. Dickens would be proud. I enjoyed this so much. Thank you for staying true to the characters that we love. I can really believe that Murdoch, Scott, Johnny and Teresa would react just as you have portrayed them. I would love to see an adventure across the sea as Murdoch introduces his sons to the Scottish side of the family.
Excellent way to further enhance my Christmas holiday and fanfiction reading.
Thank you!
Cadillac Red chapter 5 . 12/23/2012
A great ending - totally in keeping with Dickens and with the Lancer characters. This will be on my "re-read" list every Christmas! Thank you for writing and sharing it.
sherry57 chapter 5 . 12/23/2012
I cannot tell you how much I loved this story and in particular this wonderful last, happy chapter. Thanks, to you and Charles Dickens, for this perfect Christmas story. The original so perfectly shaped by you for the Lancers!
All wishes to you for a wonderful, peaceful and joyous Christmas and a New Year 2013 filled with all that will bring you happiness and good health. Looking forward to reading many more of your stories in 2013.
sherry57 chapter 4 . 12/23/2012
Murdoch dead, the family split up again...I hope Murdoch is learning a good lesson here from the ghost of Christmas future!
Guest chapter 4 . 12/22/2012
Very good, I am loving your adaption of this Dickens tale.
R. Kent chapter 3 . 12/22/2012
I love your choices for the Spirits. Penny Rose was a hoot! And Dr. Sam Jenkins! Now in the words of Ebeneezer
Scrooge " Spirit of the future; I fear you more than any other spirit..."
I'm having a blast reading this and look forward to the next chapter.
Cadillac Red chapter 1 . 12/22/2012
I am loving story - I'm also a Dickens fan! - but I am impressed with how you have threaded the Lancer story into the narrative. Not to mention all the historical and place details that you always integrate so well. I can't wait for more!
sherry57 chapter 3 . 12/21/2012
I'm really enjoying this Christmas tale, thanks hon. Looking forward to the next chapter hon.
Guest chapter 3 . 12/21/2012
Another wonderful chapter! I find myself checking each day for the next, hoping to find one. You are doing a masterful job, true to Dickens' style and plotting but weaving in all the recognizable Lancer canon and characters. Hoping to see more soon!
Guest chapter 2 . 12/20/2012
Wow! What a great read - the essence of "A Christmas Carol" melded with the Lancer story. Great writing!
R. Kent chapter 2 . 12/20/2012
I am so enjoying this! I have always loved Dickens' "Carol" but your spin on this classic tale is quite the treat.
Please continue. I'm anxious for "Christmas Present". Great job.