Reviews for The Book of Judith
moshe chapter 10 . 10/19
Man, I just spent all day getting my ass wrecked by this fic. I actually started writing down all the little details I liked, but then I lost track after chapter two because there were so many and they all came together to create these amazing characterizations and tell an expansive, hopeful, sad, wonderful story.

"We shed as we pick up, like travelers who must carry everything in their arms, and what we let fall will be picked up by those behind. The procession is very long and life is very short. We die on the march. But there is nothing outside the march so nothing can be lost to it. The missing plays of Sophocles will turn up piece by piece, or be written again in another language. Ancient cures for diseases will reveal themselves once more. Mathematical discoveries glimpsed and lost to view will have their time again."

- Tom Stoppard, Arcadia

(b/c I think Daryl and Judith are kind of like post-apocalyptic Septimus and Thomasina)
Wow. So beautiful. So sad. You are a truly talented author.
Salovi chapter 2 . 9/10
Just reread this whole story; I loved it just as much as last time. The last few chapters made me cry. Again. I just adore this Judith; if you ever felt like writing more chapters about her, I will be first in line to read them.
sue92178 chapter 10 . 8/27
This may be one of the most poignant stories I have read- you have painted a picture with your words, both sad and exhilarating. Well done.
jlklai98 chapter 10 . 8/6
I'm crying so hard right now oh my god this was so beautifully written
unbadger chapter 10 . 7/29
good lord. those last 2 chapters WRECKED ME i legit have never cried so hard over reading a fic. or /any/ fictional writing. goddamn. brutal and sweet and honest. thank you for writing.
ImLostForever chapter 10 . 7/19
Fantastic. Absolutely amazing.
ImLostForever chapter 9 . 7/19
I so rarely cry when reading fic. This made me fucking bawl. Well done.
MaraDixen413 chapter 10 . 7/17
Im crying whyyyy im crying Dayrl lol im in tears my family thinksim on drugs
dksaga chapter 10 . 6/5

Should've reviewed all along, and for that I apologize, but seriously, that was wonderful. The characterizations were beautiful, Daryl was totally on target, and you brought Judith to life and kept me in the woods and in the barn and the house and the road and the beach and wherever else with them. Your writing is so evocative.

I kind of wish I could think of something to criticize so as to be, well, useful. I can't.

One of the best fics I've read in ages. Thank you so much for sharing it.
VictoireAgathon chapter 10 . 6/2
This was a real treat to find. Even with the ending breaking my heart I have to say that this was one of the best fanfictions I've read. It was funny, heartfelt, and the characters seemed real. I felt like I was reading some really interersting scifi story and I really enjoyed it!
Miral chapter 10 . 4/7
Devastating story. Thank you.
leylinjan chapter 10 . 2/23
I cried; it was so beautiful.
midnightstarbreeze chapter 6 . 2/17
Amazing. Just amazing. One of the best fics I've read (top three, don't make me choose between them!). Don't deprive the world of your talent, publish something when you finish your PhD. And tell us about it!
Avide chapter 10 . 2/7
I love that Judith is self-sufficient.

Though it's not surprising.