Reviews for The Book of Judith
Ally chapter 10 . 4/22
Ok I'm totally wrecked, these last few chapters...wasn't sure I could continue im still bawling writing this review, Ive cried reading other stories... But not so much...lol glad I don't have to work today... I sat and read this in one sitting. Very beautiful, but heart wrenching too.

I've never read anything like this one here where it was just Daryl raising Judith and keeping her safe... It's fitting that it's him though... Although the last chapters broke my heart, I haven't ever read one before where Daryl dies, so that in itself was gut wrenching, but I saw on how at the end that he still lived thru her, and he wouldn't want her to give up, for her to move on in this world and be that warrior. Very moving story, I'm still bawling...lol thanks for sharing it.
torihoney chapter 9 . 1/13
This is the very first fanfic I have ever read where I have cried over a character death. The way you wrote Daryl in this story is simply amazing. Even though these chapters are written very sparely...the amount of emotion you've written in is staggering.
Tears dude.
Amanda chapter 10 . 1/10
I just found this story today. I read the whole thing in one sitting! Amazing! Left me in tears. I had to come back just to write this review and even now I'm tearing up. Although Beth claimed Daryl would be the last man standing, I think you have it right, Judith will be the great warrior and outlast them all. Amazing!
moshe chapter 10 . 10/19/2015
Man, I just spent all day getting my ass wrecked by this fic. I actually started writing down all the little details I liked, but then I lost track after chapter two because there were so many and they all came together to create these amazing characterizations and tell an expansive, hopeful, sad, wonderful story.

"We shed as we pick up, like travelers who must carry everything in their arms, and what we let fall will be picked up by those behind. The procession is very long and life is very short. We die on the march. But there is nothing outside the march so nothing can be lost to it. The missing plays of Sophocles will turn up piece by piece, or be written again in another language. Ancient cures for diseases will reveal themselves once more. Mathematical discoveries glimpsed and lost to view will have their time again."

- Tom Stoppard, Arcadia

(b/c I think Daryl and Judith are kind of like post-apocalyptic Septimus and Thomasina)
Guest chapter 10 . 10/16/2015
Wow. So beautiful. So sad. You are a truly talented author.
Salovi chapter 2 . 9/10/2015
Just reread this whole story; I loved it just as much as last time. The last few chapters made me cry. Again. I just adore this Judith; if you ever felt like writing more chapters about her, I will be first in line to read them.
sue92178 chapter 10 . 8/27/2015
This may be one of the most poignant stories I have read- you have painted a picture with your words, both sad and exhilarating. Well done.
jlklai98 chapter 10 . 8/6/2015
I'm crying so hard right now oh my god this was so beautifully written
unbadger chapter 10 . 7/29/2015
good lord. those last 2 chapters WRECKED ME i legit have never cried so hard over reading a fic. or /any/ fictional writing. goddamn. brutal and sweet and honest. thank you for writing.
ImLostForever chapter 10 . 7/19/2015
Fantastic. Absolutely amazing.
ImLostForever chapter 9 . 7/19/2015
I so rarely cry when reading fic. This made me fucking bawl. Well done.
MaraDixen413 chapter 10 . 7/17/2015
Im crying whyyyy im crying Dayrl lol im in tears my family thinksim on drugs
dksaga chapter 10 . 6/5/2015
Wow.

Should've reviewed all along, and for that I apologize, but seriously, that was wonderful. The characterizations were beautiful, Daryl was totally on target, and you brought Judith to life and kept me in the woods and in the barn and the house and the road and the beach and wherever else with them. Your writing is so evocative.

I kind of wish I could think of something to criticize so as to be, well, useful. I can't.

One of the best fics I've read in ages. Thank you so much for sharing it.
VictoireAgathon chapter 10 . 6/2/2015
This was a real treat to find. Even with the ending breaking my heart I have to say that this was one of the best fanfictions I've read. It was funny, heartfelt, and the characters seemed real. I felt like I was reading some really interersting scifi story and I really enjoyed it!
Miral chapter 10 . 4/7/2015
Devastating story. Thank you.