Reviews for Gift of Love
Epeefencer chapter 1 . 10/6
Wonderful, heartwarming story. I can definitely see Harry and Ginny doing something like this.
wrappedinharry chapter 1 . 2/6
Even though we know Harry has a temper in canon (and what teenager wouldn't fly off the handle if they had to go through what he did in the later books) it was always obvious to me that Harry had a heart of gold...a special personality. After all, not eny one would have willingly sacrificed their life for those he loved and those he had never met.

To meet someone whose life paralleled his own so closely, of course he would do everything he could to help the young boy. A beautiful Christmas gift indeed, as was all the attention Harry lavished on the boy.

Very nice work.
poser16 chapter 1 . 7/29/2014
This was beautiful - it brought tears to my eyes. Well done!

mysinger chapter 1 . 7/16/2014
A beautiful story! I loved how Harry used his troubled past to give hope to another child.
Susan M. M chapter 1 . 6/12/2013
Cristin Gryphon chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
I love reading stories like this. The only problem; my anger burns, and one word makes it almost painful. Violated, it kills me to think that people do this, and I know its only a story but I also know it happens in real life. Conrad was 5 and she was his little sister, I do not understand how someone can be so depraved.

*deep breath* I'm sorry, I should not be ranting to you about the injustices of the world.

Thank you for a great story, and as much as I hate the idea thank you for including it, it makes it more real, it provokes stronger emotion, and it reminds me to do whatever I can to help fix/improve this world.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/23/2012
This was a wonderful story! Even though the potters were sort ofprominate, they weren't the main focus. Instead, they lightly touched someone enough to change his life. Thanks!
Stephanie O chapter 1 . 12/20/2012
Awww, this was such a great story! I love how Harry was able to connect with Conrad. In this case, I think the legilimency was definitely well worth any ethical questions, since I doubt Conrad would've opened up with Harry otherwise, without knowing that Harry has gone through the same kind of crappy childhood that he has been going through as well. Harry's protecting his new things against theft from the bullies (& anyone else who doesn't ask first!) really helped his confidence level - I thought it was great he then had the courage to go over to the bullies personally and get his legos back...and even throw in a personal jibe right back at them! I wonder how they behaved towards him at Hogwarts? Did the bullying lessen because they knew he'd stand up to them again? (Wouldn't it have been great for him to be able to throw in their faces just who his friends are! - but I know he didn't, because Harry asked him to keep it between them, and they wouldn't believe him anyway!) Very sweet ending with his closing line to his grandson! :)
Lord Jawblinneron chapter 1 . 12/20/2012
Excellent one shot, I look forward to reading more of your writing in the future.

diva.gonzo chapter 1 . 12/20/2012
Arnell, you should have included a hankie alert on this one! Tears in my morning coffee are not tasty.

That said, I love how you wove the story, taking the post-war issues - the orphans, the lack of innovation - and showed that one man can make a difference. (and it certainly didn't hurt that the one in question was Harry Potter - Ginny Potter's husband. *grin*
Sometimes, it's that smile, a hug when unexpected, that one person who GAD - that makes the difference - whether it's a child or an adult. Those moments - given and received - are what living is all about.

Kudos for writing what that incessant plot bunny was insisting upon - and keeping it in your world. When you write more, I shall read it and look forward to it.