Reviews for A Royal Future
earthdragon chapter 1 . 2/21
Nice story - but Elrond's foster son did not know that his real name was Aragorn. When he was a child, he was called Estel by Elrond and that was how he was known by everyone and how he would have introduced himself. He didn't find out his real name (and that he was rightful king of Gondor) until he was an adult.
Immanerd25528 chapter 1 . 11/16/2014
Aww! That was awesome!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/16/2013
THANK YOU. I have been waiting for somebody to write a hobbit fic with aragorn!
Kallios the Scholar chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
dajfhakjsjald'aaaaaawww that is so cute! XD I discovered that Aragorn would only be ten when the quest to reclaim Erebor took place and I swear I nearly fainted from the cuteness of it.

Though there was one mistake: Aragorn was renamed Estel by the elves and not told of his history until he was older. So he wouldn't have called himself Aragorn.
Rain Black chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
I Love it ! You should write more and more :D
OnceInABlueSun chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
I know i'm like super late to be reading this but...It's good!

Kinda short but good!
CassielT chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
Hey that's so cool cause it is exactly what I thought should happen in rivendell.
It would be pretty awesome even though it wouldn't work. Seeing that Aragorn is about 87 in Lord
of the Rings and the Hobbit takes place 60 years before that.
Aragron would already be around 27...
But its Fanfiction so who cares XD

Cass
Katniss1 chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
Yes! I was hoping someone would write something like this! Very well done, I very much like your writing style. Just one thing, please /do not/ take it was criticism, but wouldn't Aragorn be around 20, if this is taking place during The Hobbit? Even so, I really liked it, it was very cute :)
bronze andromeda shun chapter 1 . 12/22/2012
I like it! When they went to Rivendell, I wondered if they would meet Aragorn, so I like that you had that happen. Plus, you used my three favorite dwarves, so that makes it all the better!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/20/2012
not to be picky but at this point in time Aragorn was called Estel and he didn't know his true name or his heritage, only that he was a human that had been adopted by Elrond
BM originally chapter 1 . 12/20/2012
Good job! You are a talented writer and do a great job of bringing your characters to life!

I was a bit disappointed that a young Aragorn didn't make an appearance in the movie; it's probably something that will show up in the extended version of the DVD, though :)

Of course, Tolkien himself doesn't mention him either, but we all know he was there, and I'm sure he was like any other boy of his age and irrepressibly curious, so your story has great plausibility and doesn't stretch the imagination too far!

I like the interaction, and think you did a good job in portraying the lad's curiosity and bluntness-especially since it is most likely that he has never seen a dwarf, though I'm sure that technically he had learned of them in his studies.

The only thing I'd like to point out is that when they asked him what his name was, he most likely wouldn't have said "Aragorn"-at that time, he was known as Estel and did not know of his lineage-it is usually assumed that he did not know his true name at that time. However, I'll freely admit that it's most likely-not most definitely, and since Tolkien doesn't specify, you've got wiggle room :)

Anyway, the story is cute as is the young boy-thanks for sharing!
ladypearlofarguile chapter 1 . 12/20/2012
Great story! Cute idea. ;)
The Flame Imperishable chapter 1 . 12/20/2012
Oh! This is great! I was hoping Estel would show in the Hobbit, but alas, it was not meant to be. And you know what's really funny? One time I said to a little boy, 'Hey kid- what's your name?' It was hilarious for me to see it here.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/20/2012
actually Aragorn would have been about twenty-seven at the time. Remember he was eighty-seven in the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit took place only sixty years before. Unless you want to go by the book and add the five years Frodo kept the ring.