Reviews for Nobody's Hero
sweetprincipale chapter 13 . 2/2/2014
Sorry to see Jesse go, but honestly, I'm glad one of the people in Sunnydale finally went "This is an unsafe place, and I'm moving." I'm sure tons of people did, but no one in the Scooby set. That was actually really brilliant of Joss, to give Xander drunken obtuse parents, and Willow disinterested in anything but academic life parents, to keep them in town.
Thank goodness things got resolved with Xander, thank you for writing him as the bigger man, with help from our favorite bleached blonde. I like how Spike and Cordelia were quick to cut Buffy and Angel off here and not let Angel's suspicions drive things.
Oh Spike. i just want to hug him here, and I am not actually the type that usually wants to do that- I usually want Buffy to hug him, but the way he views himself... You've captured a very poignant part of his psyche.
Whistler telling the gang they need to treat Spike like a friend- sigh. This is good stuff. I love how you have really thought and developed all the facets that are completely revamping (no pun, okay a little pun, intended) this series for a happy, successful ending.
And then bleep happens. Darn it darn it darn it.
And Sami? Maybe she's nice enough, and it's nice of you to find Spike a friend, if that's what she is, but I didn't see it coming. Groans. I want Buffy to get with her dream sequence already, and realize she's got the man she can trust, and for Spike to have the person he still loves become his true friend first, perhaps?
Oh well, you're the writer, I'll hang on for the ride.
Great work,
Sweet
sweetprincipale chapter 12 . 2/2/2014
I'm breaking my review (which is SO late!) into chunks.
1. Nice opening bridge! And I loved the moment in the show when all of their hair was standing up, so great visual, it totally cracked me up. gOod to see Spike and Xander poised for friendship and Willow getting some training from the get go instead of fumbling around in dangerous ways. Hope the difference will make the difference, if that makes any sense.
2. Angel is stalking her! Oh man, why are we so stupid when we're infatuated with someone?
3. cool way of introducing Cordy into a more central role, and her voice was great!
4. I really want to smack your Angel. For dumbing things down, for being blind to his nature, for being a pushy git. And I want to shake Buffy, too. That's the mark of good writing, when you feel the characters are real enough to reach out and slap ;)
5. Awwww, Joyce and Giles, starting off right, before sex on a police car. Call me old fashioned but it warms my heart. Thank you for giving them this moment. Although- what will become of Ms. Calendar?
6. Oh the scene with Xander is so disturbing... Shudders. Well written, and of course I'm worried about Jesse!
Hurrying to the next chapter. At least one compensation of being a terrible reviewer is that I get two chapters in a row with one less cliff hanger!
Gravenimage chapter 13 . 1/25/2014
Great story.
valerie21601 chapter 13 . 1/16/2014
Poor canon Spike he still can't win when it comes to the Scoobies. He is still the spare tire that is only useful in an emergency, used and put back into the trunk.

This version of Buffy is so hard hearted, she even attacks Spike without finding out the truth, not even realizing Xander could have been seriously injured from hitting the floor so hard because of her attacking him. She didn't show one bit of worry or concern about Xander after the fight.

I miss Buffy not having any interaction nor friendship with Xander, Willow or Giles in any way. Plus there not being any real relationship between Spike and Dawn. I miss their big brother/little sister like friendship.
Hercules8 chapter 13 . 1/13/2014
Interesting adding the new character, can't wait to see what happens!
The Archivist613 chapter 13 . 1/13/2014
Spike is such a hero saving the day and then getting punch by Buffy. This new girlfriend better be nice to him or I'll be upset!
seti31 chapter 13 . 1/13/2014
;] Spike has new girlfriend it's nice he need some loving. Buffy you so screw. You know Spike should bit down on Angel some. It should cure his depresion
midnightjen chapter 13 . 1/13/2014
I like it when people actually like Spike I may be a Spuffy fan but I am first and foremost a Spike fan.
RKF22 chapter 13 . 1/13/2014
Ah this will piss angel and Buffy off good can't wait for more
AGriffinWriter chapter 13 . 1/13/2014
Poor Spike. Buffy is so quick to blame him for everything, even when he's doing his best to avoid her and the heartache he associates with her. I'm glad he prompted Xander to confess to Cordelia. That always bugged me in the show - that Xander tried to assault Buffy and then went scott free with 'amnesia', never blamed or mentioned again, while Spike's attempted assault (which, granted, was much more intense) is the subject of so much condemnation of him and the Spuffy ship.
While it's nice that Whistler is prompting the others to be concerned for Spike, it seems a little forced, perhaps. I'm also a little wary of this Sami character, but I have faith in the eventually Spuffy direction you will take this story. :) Good work!
randyzoopurple chapter 13 . 1/13/2014
omg
Vivi H88 chapter 13 . 1/13/2014
Great chapter :)
Xaphyre chapter 13 . 1/13/2014
looks like Buffy has some competition.. even if she isn't aware of it yet! hahaha I'm happy for Spike, he needs some good in his life :)
Hercules8 chapter 12 . 12/27/2013
Thank you for updating!
gottaloveva chapter 12 . 12/27/2013
Yay! Spike to the rescue! Lol. I love this story so far, and can't wait to read more soon! :)
111 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »