Reviews for Things Don't Always Make Sense
Palefur chapter 1 . 3/16/2013
I just got the fact that this is Charlie and Bill from Harry Potter. I'm a complete idiot. Gah-haha! I love the comparison between smiles and boomerangs. You are probably the only person who could even make me consider this relationship. Maybe that's because I always thought that Charlie was more attached to dragon then humans. This would explain why. Oh, I forgot! I have a question what happened to Ron? I'm going to go on a limb and say this happened before the Harry Potter books. Yes? No? Nevermind, I'll go back to actually talking about the story. You made me cry (in my head) and want to defenestrate my computer (I've threatened to do that to it if it didn't load a page). I was confused at first because Bill maries Fleur but at the end I got it. Overall I thought that it was an awesome story. I feel like this is a short review, but oh well. Live long and prosper.
BrokenTombstone chapter 1 . 2/12/2013
Good fic, you write so you can feel the emotion with every word:) one question though, when talking about the siblings you don't mention Ron, at least I don't think you did, any reason?
DobbyLovesSocks chapter 1 . 2/8/2013
Paula, how do I say this? shatter me into a million little pieces that are irreparably broken and I wouldn't want it any other way. I swear you are the only person who can make me ship BillCharlie and... agh. This was beautiful, and you made the wrong seem just right. You wrote it so that the reader could /understand/ Charlie, understand that he knows how wrong it is, but he wouldn't want it to change.

[(It's not that bad though, because he's back at Hogwarts soon and Ron and the twins keep him occupied during the summers and, right after he graduates, he runs away to a foreign country of his own.

He almost wishes one of his little brothers would try to stop him.

None of them do, and Romania is a lonely place.)]
That line was amazing. It made me feel so bad for Charlie, and I love how it explained why he went to Romania. Ans that feeling of doing something and hoping someone will stop you is just so YES it's yessss. Mmhm. I make sense.

[(But they are not brothers here, not boys now, not at all; they are men and they are kissing and that is all that they know.)]
That line was fire. I don't know how or why or what the heck I mean, but it was. It made me feel like there was literal fire inside of me, because it was so heartwrenching and it just rang true and real and...

[Boomerang smile, he thinks, and he knows that it will always come back.

It has to.]

THAT LINE. IT HAS TO. AND THE FEELS I GOT JUST FROM READING THAT. Because, somehow, through all of your slashy incest, you STAYED CANON. You are a magical being. And Charlie put on the happy facade but really, he was miserable, and Bill loved them both, and that shattered me. The boomerang smile was a /perfect/ metaphor thingy. I loved that.

HedwigBlack chapter 1 . 1/27/2013
GAH! How do you guys do this? I read Sam's last night and I was curious about yours and, and, and how do you guys make me ship /BILLCHARLIE/ ? UGh.

But seriously though, this is gorgeous. And in a weird way sort of innocent which makes no sense but that's what I keep thinking.

"...and Romania is a lonely place" - I love that because it's so true and lonely!Charlie is so much fun to read. But it hurt me to read that sentence.

And Charlie is impulsive and persistent which is beautiful. And Bill is wonderful here. Trying to keep his composure and finally failing. But able to move on with Fleur while Charlie can't... "and now Bill is smiling that boomerang smile at someone who isn't him." :'(

This is beautiful.

An Unfaithful Shipper
Guest chapter 1 . 1/25/2013

How do you even do this? You pack so much emotion into a single story, paragraph, phrase and it is just so perfect. I don't even ship them. But I just love the way you write so much. I just love everything you write :)
hasfihasifgaoifg chapter 1 . 1/3/2013

I just - I don't know how you make this happen. I mean, I don't understand. Like, how is it that you can make me almost forget that Bill and Charlie are /brothers,/ for God's sake, because they're kissing and it's WRONGWRONGWRONG, but no, no, it's RIGHT, it's more right than Bill and Fleur, it's more natural, even though it's NOT - they're BROTHERS - and my feelings for this are so confused and messed up and it's just so CRAZY. It's like my brain is telling me that you are turning weirder by the day, Paula. Bill and Charlie? And then I read it and this little part of my brain starts saying 'YES, IZZIE, BUT WEIRD IS GOOD AND WEIRD IS RIGHT AND BILL AND CHARLIE, HOW DID I NOT SEE IT?' and now my whole brain is fighting against me please just stop but don't oh my god how are you even real

Something I love about your pairings is that they don't always stay together. They don't have this "happily ever after," but they're not, like, broken. It's just a moment. They have this "thing," whatever it is, and then it's gone, and that's that. They're not living in misery. It's happened, and that's all, and they're fine.

I love this.

As ever, your use of parentheses is beautiful.
Someone aka Me chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
HOW DO YOU DO THIS? HOW DO YOU MAKE ME CRY? NO ONE DOES THAT. (I just read two fics with character deaths and neither of them made me cry!)
And now you messed up my streak of not giving away my feelings about comp!fics in reviews! NOT. NICE.

Anyway. I love this. I love the way it feels almost inevitable, the whole of it, like this is the way they were always going to be. Very well done.

Thanks for your entry!
SassMaster8497 chapter 1 . 12/20/2012
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 12/20/2012
Ohmygosh! Ohmygosh! OHMYGOSH! You wrote me a BillCharlie. That makes my day. Like seriously. Evidently, great minds think alike.

This was so beautiful. GAH! So, so beautiful. And Imma need to go find some glue to fix my broken heart.

Charlie is fantastic. I love him so, so, so much. And his hesitancy and pure want is wonderful. "he runs away to a foreign country of his own. /He almost wishes one of his little brothers would try to stop him. /None of them do, and Romania is a lonely place." - I love how you made a reason other than dragons as to why Charlie went to Romania. It works so well.

"They both know that this kind of love is the secret that wives whisper to their husbands about the neighbours long after the children are in bed, this kind of love is the type that only flares behind locked doors and cloth-covered windows, this kind of love is a travesty." - I love, love, LOVE this line. IT'S PERFECT. And so real. It just equals LOVE. That is all. LOVE.

"it's hard to think this is anything but right" - THIS LINE! Absolutely perfect! Love it so much.

"Charlie says, and it's got this sort of reverence to it, the sound of brother who is jealous but proud" - I really liked how 3 of the 6 sections started with a line similar to this. And this one is, by far, my favorite. It shows that Charlie will always lock away his feelings for Bill, because he knows Bill deserves happiness.

Didn't we talk about my headcanon that BillCharlie happened before BillFleur and Charlie would be jealous but happy? Cause I like how you showed their relationship as Bill was about to get married.

Have I told you that I love your writing style? Because I absolutely do. It's always fantastic and amazing, and your descriptions are perfect.

Overall, this was absolutely wonderful.
inkteardrops chapter 1 . 12/20/2012
For goodness sake, Paula, why are you so perfect? And why have you made me, a former canon-only fanatic ship such odd, unaccepted, /beautiful/ pairings? This is just amazing, and the pairing is so wrong, yet so right. I love this. Seriously, you're amazing, and this part: [She is radiant as she walks up the aisle, starshine eyes and sun-kissed skin, and Charlie sees Bill's smile split his face. Boomerang smile, he thinks, and he knows that it will always come back. It has to.] It's beautiful, perfect and flawless. Wow.
our dancing days chapter 1 . 12/20/2012
Asdfghjkl. I think I love it even more the second time around. The boomerang smile is a fantastic idea, and very reminiscent of both Bill's and Charlie's personalities. And of course, the first kiss scene was perfect. ;) I think my favourite line as to be, "His face is a mask of brotherly pride and second-hand joy, but his chest is a cave that's caving in, a hollow hole that needs something so wrong to fill it that Charlie knows he's always been meant for emptiness, and now Bill is smiling that boomerang smile at someone who isn't him." Second-hand joy is a lovely phrase, one that suits Charlie perfectly, and I don't know, but this line seemed to represent the whole story. It's about wanting even though it's wrong, needing even though it's unnecessary, and all wrapped up in a big bow of it-can't-happen-so-smile-your-boomerang-smile. Ah, it's just fabulous. Even though you had to struggle through it, trust me; it was worth it. Thank you!