Reviews for The Good Samaritans
Ghislaine Emrys chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
Lots of fun and funny scenes in this chapter, such as Heyes trying to find out about his young friend's first time. But I also liked the scene with Jed and the thieves in the alley and the subsequent conversation the sheriff had with Jed. It's also interesting to see how the boys' futures are slowly being revealed.
Skykomish chapter 1 . 12/28/2012
I've become attached to all of these characters. Thank you for not allowing Nathan to die after the wolf attack. You've crafted a believable and warm reality and planted the seeds of Heyes' and Kid's future. Great dialogue between the women and the men, and Kid's mutterings when Clementine show up are great. Another wonderful installment in one of my favorite series.
RosieAnnie chapter 1 . 12/21/2012
Oh no! Nathan lives, but did he lose his leg or not? You're too clever a writer to forget that little detail, so there must be some plot twist depending on it. How is it you just post a new chapter, and I already want to read the next?

Jeff reminds me of Heyes, poking and prodding Nathan verbally and playing innocent. When his bluff is called, he shows he's a decent person underneath the smart-ass persona. Yeah, definitely Heyesian.

I feel like Heyes is teaching himself to pick locks just because he needs a puzzle. If he were living in our time, he'd probably be doing the New York Times crossword puzzle regularly.

And Jed! Did he really have a first time, or no? I kind of think he did.

Are we seeing some foreshadowing to the boys' future as outlaws? I'm thinking of the sheriff's line about how a thief always has to look over his shoulder, and Heyes figuring out what the men who robbed Jeff should do.

I'm just a little involved with these characters. Can you tell? It's always a treat when a new chapter of Ranch Days appears. Thanks for this early Christmas present.