Reviews for The Sum of All Wisdom
Mercedes chapter 12 . 2/1
Great chapter. I hate the legitimate struggle that Bell has caused. As if Thornton didn't already have enough to worry about!
Mercedes chapter 11 . 2/1
This is the best chapter, hands down! I had to look up the rhyme and found bunches of different ones. Loved that they had different ones.
Mercedes chapter 10 . 2/1
I just had to stop by and see if you had posted anything recently, nothing new, but I am enjoying the re-read! Maybe these reviews can spur a new chapter- wishful thinking, I know!
This is my absolute favorite fanfic of N&S! I do hope you will finish your beautiful story. Please! I cant wait to see how you end it...
ElvishKiwis Venerated Ancestor chapter 14 . 12/5/2015
So, I gather 'the anticipation of the week to come' has not materialised during the last 6 months?!
I am not one to complain though. I went on here to do some writing and ended up reading both of your stories instead of doing any of my own!
I really like this version too.
Are you intending to finish it?
I really like the Wedding festivities, or more to the point the library scene, and the fact that they could see the dining hall from there. It seems to fit relatively well with the layout of the BBC 2004 series. I watched that again today as well thanks to you. I always have to skip the last scene because it makes me tempted to lust after Richard Armitage and I want to keep my mind purely devoted to my husband. It is kind of annoying though because it is a very exciting part and I like Margaret being all flustered and distracted while she is trying to put her business proposition and he is looking at her with that smile on his face, not even slightly paying attention.
Anyway, Thanks for a lovely story. You are a really good writer and have lots of creative ideas to enhance and round out the story. I really want to see if you are going to go with the book ending or the movie ending. I have never seen the book ending in a fanfic. I do prefer it because I am convinced Elizabeth Gaskell would disapprove of such an intimate scene taking place on a railway station platform. However I would have liked her to round it off a little with a postscript of some kind, so if you do that I would be much obliged.
I can also promise you that I will write you lovely detailed reviews for every new chapter you post from now on (Lord willing). It is what I have decided is my duty as payment of the many hours of work and giving that author put in to sharing their precious labours with the readers free of charge.
The reviews might a little slow in coming at times, but they WILL come before I will allow myself to read the next chapter.
Thank you for sharing your talent and creativity with us.
Yours sincerely
EVA
Christine Rose chapter 11 . 12/3/2015
Haven't finished reading the rest of the chapters yet, but I felt compelled to review! This is such a beautiful work, there was something so poetic about this chapter especially that really touched me. Love your work and can't wait to read more!
Guest chapter 14 . 10/27/2015
This is my favourite North & South fanfiction,when I'm reading this I feel like I'm reading the original captured the tone of Thornton & Margaret between them are so beautiful & thrilling.I hope you haven't forgotten about this don't abandon this story & Please update soon when you have time.
Love,
**Maya**
Anya chapter 14 . 10/24/2015
I love your story! You should seriously consider becoming an author! I love this fanfic and please update soon! It is amazing :)
WanderlustV chapter 14 . 8/19/2015
Let me add my voice to the mix in encouraging you to take up your story again and bring it to a conclusion. You've really captured the characters, their feelings, their perceptions, their hopes, and your writing is tight and compelling. Please keep going! I can only reread what you have so far without going a little crazy for wanting to know how it ends! :)
CordOfScarlet chapter 1 . 8/7/2015
Oh, I just hope you haven't abandoned your story for good, I would surely cry my eyes out! This is the most thrilling story I have read here and so well considered! You are such a skillful writer, please have mercy and come back to us with the rest of your fabulous story! Hugs! :)
klutz3572 chapter 14 . 8/4/2015
I love your story! It is literally like I'm reading North and South, the alternate version. The characters are so perfectly done and I find myself thinking the same thing I did when reading the book; will someone please tell him about Frederick? Lol I know, I know, everyone always wants the lovers to finally get together but then is disappointed when there is nothing more to read, so I'll be patient but I do hope you continue as it is a lovely story and exceedingly well-done!
FeliciaGHEMAND chapter 14 . 8/4/2015
As my most favorite, your story does indeed provide the richest and most original content of wise advice seen so far on this board. Please update soon.
eigna74 chapter 1 . 7/29/2015
I have just loved reading your story and after staying up late to read it all I'm devastated there is no more. Please...will there be more?
snapeophile chapter 8 . 7/10/2015
For a treat, I just reread what you've posted so far of this fantastic, slow-burn, sweetly angsty story. Your dialogue is exquisite. "Your friends in the dining room today would not-could not-know those things about you of which I have become quite partial..." (ch.13). Sending you fervent hopes that you will continue your work!
Bemac chapter 14 . 6/24/2015
I wonderful story! Found your story last night and could not stop reading. I cannot wait for more.