Reviews for Final Judgment: The 44th Hunger Games
theflyingpotatomeatball chapter 45 . 3/16
Beautiful
Just beautiful.
I didn't even like Channa before. I am so sad to see this series end. Your stories have to be some of the best I've ever read. I wish I could write as beautifully as this.
And also, you were right, Buck does disappear into a plot hole! I've watched it three times listening for a cannon, but there isn't one (Chaff didn't have a cannon either, Blight too).
I keep re-reading your stories because I can't find any as good as yours. Thank you for taking the time to write these.
P.S. This whole review is just my disjointed thoughts. I apologize if it doesn't make any sense; my ADHD is a real son of a beach ball.
-theflyingpotatomeatball
Asami Sato chapter 45 . 3/15
Ahhhh! you updated! and about a month ago at that! for some reason I thought you were going to hold off on us till the 21st of December just to be you.

Eeeep! I'm so excited! our D1 tribute! and we get a mini Hip!

I think you ended strong

I can't believe this we're finished! I'm so emotional! but all good things must come to an end and all that! Thanks for the ride Hoprocker!

You updated old fortuna too! I'll try to review as soon as possible
Noctsire chapter 45 . 3/9
This was one of the most feely chapters ever, I couldn't help but smile when Chana's son was named after hip. Also her getting with rhutter was a ship I'm glad sailed. For a teenage boy I'm 100% fine to say I teared up at this chapter. This was literally a perfect ending to a perfect story and it inspired me to do an Syot of my own. If you ever get bored ya know there's always an syot over on my profile you could read, it would be an honor. Thanks for writing these story's and I'm secretly hoping that you make another
The Head Gamemaker chapter 45 . 3/8
Ahhh! Wooo! You updated, sorry I didn’t relize sooner, I haven’t been on her much lately.

And here we are, the last chapter, I like it that it’s ending with Channa, I mean we sort of started with her.

[(Mostly) healthy boy] – hehe I wonder what that means

[it was the only name they could agree on.]- I wonder what names kind of names were in the running, no doubt Channa had a list of generic district 1 names.

Oh poor asthmatic Hip.

[“I’ll be back before you know it”]- Lies! No you wont! I’m emotional!

I like Channa’s analysis of D1 attack, and that he should have waited to kill Wiress last. That makes total sense. I wonder what would have happened differently in the games if her were to have gotten Johanna or Finnick instead.

Oh man, them going home early might look suspicious to the capitol.
[Spinel, go on without me. / he already had] – F-ing Spinel would,

Friggin Hipp!

The End!

Nicely done, I’m so happy that you let me be been a part of this great story. I’ll miss it, but I’ll be interested to see what kind of other stuff you come up with.
david.lok.23 chapter 45 . 3/2
Omg! That last chapter was so incredibly amazing! I still really prefer Calista to win, but the way you portrayed Channa, Hip, Rhutter, and Hip was great. I felt for all those younger victors, crying in their cages. It wasn't corny. It was really touching for me.
I love this story so, so much.

Go Ian/Al!

Thimbal.
Hunger Games Pro chapter 1 . 2/28
Cool! Nice! Love it!
SkyFireAngel chapter 43 . 2/23
["Is this real life?"] Something about this made me laugh.

I definitely never liked Kalin, but this was a rough chapter to read. All the conflicting emotions within it - especially tragic to see Clio (or Cleo? I forget the name of Amara's adoptive mother) and her bitterness towards Kalin.

Nice to see Angeliqa come back for these games. I always wanted to see what kind of tribute she'd be.

So that's what hanging does! I always wondered how someone was actually supposed to die. I figured it was something involving whiplash, but I didn't really understand.

Tragic, but a fitting end for the 43rd HG Victor.
SkyFireAngel chapter 42 . 2/22
Saddest deaths: Claire, Flick, Saffron.

Buck's holding on to his memories is actually really noble. Whereas we saw victors in the Hunger Games turning to substance abuse to forget their traumatic experiences, Buck chooses to live them over and over in honor of the tributes who died. It's also cool to see that he still has his wits about them - good to keep in mind that Kalin had the Head Gamemaker assassinated.

Buck's moments with his grandmother and Darby were really touching.

All in all, awesome.
Dante Alighieri1308 chapter 45 . 2/22
And so it all ends, and what an ending too!

First I'll review and leave my compliments on you!

Basically great job with the chapter. You're development of Channa was nicely done as I can totally see her fitting into the role of motherhood. It would be a nice escape for her, perhaps a way for her to believe herself moral once more. You could still see some of the old Channa breaking through in this chapter, reminding people that old habits die hard. I also like the idea of her son being rather needy. I don't really know why, I just do. It seems almost like some sort of karma for her, but I don't know how to describe it.

And the last part was awful for read. The grueling torture of all the Victors, how they used Channa as a test subject for their further experiments on Peeta. I like how you tied it once more into the canon story. And imagining Channa as the broken soul she became was some disturbing imagery. Good writing on your part to portray that though.

And then Hip coming back for her. I have to admit, i got emotional at the idea of her going to heaven and being free of her torment. I could just image Hip smiling at her, Channa crying tears of joy, and that sole light in the otherwise dark place welcoming her to paradise. Rest in Peace Channa.

It's sad to know that the Hunger Games chapter of your writing life is over, but you did it justice. Across three stories you've created a rich, interesting universe that was inhabited by excellent characters that I can still remember even now. Thank you for letting me be apart of that and for allowing everyone to read and love your stories. You've done an amazing job! I don't have enough words to fully express how amazing, but AMAZING x a lot! You're a great inspiration too and I'm glad I found your stories :)

Enjoy your break! Thank you again so much for creating these awesome stories!

- Dante
RaeOfSunshyn chapter 45 . 2/22
Wow...all I can say is wow! That hit me hard, I even got chills. Almost cried. Man, these fics were so good! You did so well! I'll miss all of them, but I think that you did a wonderful job on absolutely every one of them! Thank you for using your talent and writing these, and also letting me conTRIBUTE to them. I'm sorry...I had to.
Here's to the tributes, all gone, all missed, and all remembered. *raises glass*
gingericus19 chapter 45 . 2/22
The end is finally here. It's been a nice journey, but it had to end eventually. Congratulations on finally finishing such an amazing tale! I'm blown away, and I look forward to whatever you may write in the future, new stories or your old ones.

Oh, funny story, we're playing Carmina in band, so every day, the words "O Fortuna Velut Luna" are displayed on my stand.

Back to the chapter. It's interesting that Channa turned into a family woman, although I do have to question how legitimate it was, or whether it was a dose of escapism. After all, heaven was the real Hip to her. Alas, it's sad how things went down. If only she had refused that interview. I think it was masterful how everything fit together, by the way? Did you plan it like that from the very beginning?

Speaking of new stories, what do you even plan to write next? Or are you going to take a break? I wouldn't blame you.

I guess I don't want this review to be overly wordy, despite the fact that it may already be. I've already written lengthy, gushing ones, so I'll end with this note; congratulations, and may your future be bright!
Gahhhh I'm at a speech tournament and like tearing up this was an amazing final chapter its so depressing and yet sweet and gahh feels.
Sorry for not as long as a review as usual I'm on mobile and freaking out because I have to perform soon. XD
-Ash
Ian chapter 44 . 1/28
hfjgkgfdgalgjfga I can't even. Buck's death was SO SAD. I'm sorry that I've only reviewed once the device I was originally reading this on didn't allow me to review... But I wanted to share what I saw regarding Catching Fire... in the book, Katniss sees a hovercraft picking up Buck's body, which was separated into five pieces... allowing them to write 'beast' on their leaf-map. I saw Catching Fire before I discovered this AWESOME fanfic, but D10 is my favourite district so I was keeping a weather eye out for the D10 male. First of all, let me just say I am seriously OCD about book-movie accuracy, and I notice small tiny details before obvious things (It's a blessing and a curse), and I noticed Chaff died one day early :(. But I also noticed that Buck died on the 2nd day, though it doesn't show his cannon or the hovercraft. Though I hope that I am wrong because I think it would be AWESOME if the rebels rescued him and they combined his character with the D10 boy Katniss interacts with in D13 in Mockingjay (His name is Dalton, I think). I hope you continue writing these because they're just mind-blowingly awesome! :D
Sophie chapter 44 . 12/29/2013
HOPROCKER I'M CRYING. I'M SO PISSED THAT BUCK WASN'T A FAN FAVORITE IN THE CAPITOL HE WAS MY FAVORITE OF THE 44th! anyways his ending was heroic and very buck like. these victors death are so depressing because it's like, damn that's the end isn't it. channas is last and i'm excited for that one. i'm still sad buck wasn't a fan favorite.
1,241 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »