Reviews for Final Judgment: The 44th Hunger Games
books-are-brain-food456 chapter 39 . 8/8/2013
OH MY GOODNESS THAT WAS CRAZY INCREDIBLE! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! How could I NOT have anything to say about that? Where do I even start?

Sagitta's Death: I had a sneaking suspicion it was going to happen after our late HG openly called her the favourite to win. But I never thought it would be Wiley to do it. That was a big shocker! It's too bad for her that the HG never put in the order to kill Wiley before... well, you killed yourself off. I found this death one of the more gruesome and visual ones, so you get an A on description! I was really creeped out when Wiley killed her with her own bow, but that's just you being an incredible author and creating such a strong image.

["It's called going on the defensive." Sagitta grumbled, "And it's just as important as offense, for your information."] -My favourite line of Sagitta's from her Reaping chapter. She was right. And in those last moments, following Wiley, she should have chosen the defensive. She might have pulled through in that battle if she hadn't been bitten by that snake, but the bite weakened her and that was all Wiley needed to prevail. RIP Sagitta.

Claire's Death: This one surprised me. She and Buck were doing so well together, it looked like they had escaped Cerberus and were going to get off Gluttony alive... and then it happened. One moment she's reminding herself she's alive, the next the last head grabs her ankle, she is engulfed in a wall of flame and she is dead. It all happened so quickly, I barely had time to acknowledge that she had died and neither did Buck. It was realistic to see him in disbelief after and to blame himself for her death.

Buck: Could seriously win this thing. He's relatively healthy, he has armor and he's strong enough to overpower another tribute. But there are other strong tributes still alive in these Games so we'll have to wait and see what happens after this crazy-suspenseful cliffhanger. On a side note, him picking up Viola's necklace was a nice touch. It showed even more of the emotional side of him. At the beginning this guy came off as cold to everyone, but now we have seen a deeper layer of him and he seems like a real person.

Thimble: I don't care if she's twelve as doesn't really stand a chance right now. She is my favourite to win. She has a good heart and is a character who is easy to relate to. She might not even believe she can win, but if the three boys simultaneously destroy each other while considering her "not a threat"... well, she would still be the last one standing.

Wiley: Who would have ever thought that the timid boy from District Three would rack up four kills... so far. He has absolutely lost it in every sense of the phrase. If he wasn't your tribute I would honestly say he could win! He seriously believes he is in an artificial world... man, that's just crazy. I'm really doubting that dynamite will work without a match, though, since it has been out in the rain for who knows how long.

Zale: The Last Career Standing (sounds like a name for an old Western). He still has his work cut out for him, though. Three other tributes (some more powerful than others) are still standing. I can't honestly say who will win right now. As we've seen in this chapter, anything can happen. I've still got some predictions...

My preference for Victor:
1. Thimble
2. Buck
3. Zale
4. Wiley (sorry, mate, you're just really creeping me out!)

Who will likely BE the Victor:
1. Zale (just cuz you like the majority of Games to be won by Careers)
2. Buck
3. Thimble
4. Wiley (purely because he is your tribute, otherwise I would rank him higher)

How about another statistic? 1/3 of the tributes that were alive at the beginning of this chapter are dead now. Crazy, huh? I can't believe this story is almost over. I'm going to miss it. :( But it's not over yet! Fantastic chapter, Hoprocker, and I hope you have hundreds of excited reviews waiting in your inbox when you get home! :D *Scrolls up and down review box* This is seriously the longest review I have ever written on ANY fanfiction and you deserve it.
MoonlightOceans chapter 39 . 8/8/2013
Wiley... NO! DON'T DO EET HOPPYROCKY WHY YOU DO DIS TO MY FAVORITE CHARACTER TT I'M SAD NOW. THIS WAS A TRULY AMAZIN CHAPTER. IT'S LIKE A PIE WITH SPRINKLES AND WHIPPED CREAM AND MILK. I LIEK MILK.
x54321 chapter 39 . 8/8/2013
Woohoo, you updated! Yay for 8,000 word long chapters. Have fun at the con!

Firstoff, let me just marvel at the intensity and awesomeness and perfection of this chapter. I was leaning into my computer during most of it. Woohoo!

Wow, 8,000 words, though... It takes such a long time to write, but it goes by all too fast when I'm reading it.

Okay, initial ramblings over with: Let's cut to the chase.

Evidently, we know what "the unthinkable" was. The Capitol's choice for victor ended up dying, and it was at the hands of the one they almost offed. How ironic. Still, I feel really sorry for Wiley, but I adore what he's become. It was never right for him, and it will remain as such until the bitter end.

[He was so close that she could see what insanity had done to him. Spiky clumps of hair mixed with blood stood out on his head. His temples were streaked with light red gashes and scabs as if he had been running his nails over his skin. They were barely visible through the layer of grime that had formed there.

Worst of all were his hands. They were sticky with blood and dirt. It was too excessive to be his own blood.] I adore this description of Wiley. Nicely written! I rarely quote things on peoples' fics, but this had to make my review.

Anyways, while Sagitta's death was "surprising," I can't say I didn't see it coming. All that talk about how they wanted her to win was a sign.

Wiley makes a good killer.

Okay, moving on to the Cluck part of the chapter. Buck, you fool. You played with fire, and Claire died. CLAIRE DIED, WE SALUTE YOU CLAIRE, I'M SO SORRY YOU HAD TO DIE, YOU WERE ONE OF MY PICKS FOR VICTOR, BUT NOPE. Okay, in all seriousness, Buck made the right choice burning the Cerberus, and I truly admire Claire for her selflessness. If there's a heaven, she's going to it.

Buck is going to be the victor. I can feel it.

Zale, I still dislike you a lot. I think you're going to die, but maybe not. I dunno... I sure hope you aren't the victor. Buck so has this fight.

Unfortunately, Wiley isn't going to blow them to Smither's Jeans. Though it would be cool... I don't think it'll happen. Honestly, I thought he would rampage and commit suicide after offing Sagitta.

Thimble, kill someone while you can. They'll take you otherwise. I'm just glad there's a 2/3 chance a tribute I like wins. Those are some good odds.

Wow! This chapter was stunning. Commendable work, and I cannot wait to see the exciting conclusion to this superb story.

Have fun at Con!
LoopyToucan chapter 39 . 8/8/2013
Not bothering to sign in, but this chapter was amazing (as usual). I hate Wiley so much but at the same time I pity him. I don't know. I'm jut confused.
Wisteria22 chapter 39 . 8/8/2013
Oooh, climax! It'll be awesome to see who comes out as victor! Now, for an in depth analysis of sorts on the three hopefuls...

Zale: He's gotten rather arrogant at this point. He's always going on about how he's in the best condition, but honestly, I don't find that to be true. The other tributes have stronger reasons and motives than him-he's just in it to win it. If Zale did win the Hunger Games, he wouldn't really care, either. I can see no reaction coming from him, as he doesn't have much more to develop from. As of this point, I'm going to count him out.

Buck: He's developed a lot. His accent continues to annoy me, and it's the only reason I hope that it's not him. :P However, he has the skills and ability to do it. The promise to Claire will allow him to fight strongly. However, I do see an obstacle in the way of Thimble. She's a little kid in his eyes, and most likely with his newly awakened morals, he'll try to protect her. He might die for her, meaning I'm going to count him out as well.

Thimble: The only reasoning I have against her would be age. And given that I earned my black belt at her age, that really isn't an issue. It's more of a stereotype that's spread throughout SYOT fanfics that the younger ones are incredibly weak. Not all of them are going to be pummeled. With proper technique and form, I kid you not, I know some people in real life that are on par with Sienna. It's all a matter of what you can put your mind to. She's developed a lot, learning about relationships and others. It would be neat to have a young victor as well, to see her deal with the psychological affects of it. Of course, she was my tribute's District Partner, but I believe that she would be enjoyable to see as Victor.

Thus, my prediction shall be Thimble at this moment. If Wiley wasn't your character, I would say that it might be him.
PerryTheBrave chapter 39 . 8/8/2013
It just haaaaaaad to end there! Great chapter, hun! Very descriptive and exciting! Looking forward to the next one!
Chasing Silmarils chapter 39 . 8/8/2013
*comes home from cross country practice, sweating to death and dead tired... sees that you updated... jumps two feet in the air.*
Nice, long chapter. :)
Sagitta's death was really something. I like to think she'd've died anyway, from that snake bite. And the way Wiley tricked her was... EPIC. That really surprised me. And how he shoved that bow into her throat... SICK. In both the way meaning awesome and the way meaning disgusting.
And Claire's death... aww. I knew it was going to happen at one point, though. :'( Poor Buck. Nice sponsor gift for him, though!
The fight... EPIC. Just epic. Great writing, great description... yeah, as usual.
And Wiley... wow, I think he just might be the victor! Maybe.
Sorry for the long review. But I had so much to say... :D
ForeverBrilliant chapter 39 . 8/8/2013
Aw fudge not a cliffhanger! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. At least I know for sure that all three don't blow up, cuz that would leave Wiley as victor, and that can't happen.

RIP Sagitta and Claire. I REALLY wanted one of them to win :(. Oh well, at least thimble is still alive. I really hope she wins!

Overall amazing chappie! Sorry about the crappy review, if I remember, I'll log in and post a better review.

Please update quickly!
peetalover240 chapter 39 . 8/8/2013
OMG! THIS WAS THE MOST AMAZING CHAPTER YET! Ooh wiley better not win. I dont care who out of the other three would win but im leaning towards zale. I dont think the capitol will let wiley win though, hes gone completly insane
Sorceress Of The Fake chapter 39 . 8/8/2013
Is Wiley like someone in a Creepypasta or something, because he reminds me of a character that could be the killer/destroyer/etc. in one of those. Meh.

I'm sad, I was hoping Claire would win, but now I'm honestly rooting for Thimble. I dunno, I like Buck and all, but Thimble is just who I want to win. I don't think Wiley will win for sure(because who wants a psychopath as a victor?), but I don't think Thimble will win, however much I want her to. Either Zale or Buck in my books.

Wiley, I just don't have any more words... And this is what happens when I spend too much time on Tumblr. No words for anything.

Well I'm rambling now, so great writing and have fun at the nerd convention! :DDD
FieldsofAsphodel chapter 39 . 8/8/2013
Well. This - just - AH.

I'm mostly rooting for Buck at this point.

What I love the most about Sagitta's death is the fact that she clutches desperately onto her pride, and that is her downfall. Also, highly ironic since it reminds me of Ian and Sagitta's conversation in which he asks her if she could imagine Wiley being a tool like her mom's boyfriends, and it turns out worse. Get it? Because he kills her! Haha!

Buck's character development has really been amazing, and it's both really good and really heartbreaking that he always tried to remind himself that his friendship with Claire would end in pain. And so it did. I'm really rooting for Buck now.

I honestly have no words. This was just an amazing chapter, and I nearly started crying.
TheInkBender chapter 39 . 8/8/2013
Oh Jesus. Wiley is giving me nightmares.
Anla'shok chapter 38 . 8/7/2013
I'm more eager to see how the characters cope with stress and how you portray emotions than the deaths really, or even the arena, which is why I have trouble finding interesting syots.
This chapter felt random but it was funny. It was also predictable as soon as the Head Gamemaker was basking in the admiration of her fans. I was shaking my head and thinking 'come on someone shoot her' and because you're a respectable author, you shot her.
Or committed suicide. lol.

And now I want to know what's "unthinkable" for people who've already seen 44 Games. Did someone tame Cerberus and make the arena explode? ;D Or are all the remaining tributes gathered around a fire having tea?
mel chapter 34 . 8/6/2013
It took me a while to review this because I'm so heartbroken... seriously... I didnt want to believe it last chapter but when I read jade's and ian's finals moments I just had to be sure and went to the bottom and there it was, the obituaries... I stop readind and actually delete the story from my favourites... I know, such a drama queen...
It wouldnt have been obvious if either of D1 tributes won because as channa had already won we wouldnt have expected another one to make it...
You are a great writer, which is why it really hurt... I'm sick that all my fav character in anything just die... ian in here, kol in tvd, robb in got, finnick in thg... my poor heart...
Anyway, good job I guess...
mel chapter 32 . 8/4/2013
I love these games! I hope ian wins, or jade if not. I'm sure he'll die soon because I like him so... I dont really care about the dinamite al. but they provide some fun
1,270 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »