Reviews for Final Judgment: The 44th Hunger Games
antivalentine chapter 39 . 8/9/2013
BEST FINALE EVAR.

Because at this point it is basically anyone's. Everyone is armed and conscious. The Capitol kids are jumping up and down screaming right now, and the Gamemakers are like 'OMG what if Wiley blows up EVERYONE and we have no victor?!' Which serves them right for putting freaking dynamite in the arena.

I'm actually OK with Claire not making it? At least this way the Capitol failed to break her or change who she was, unlike poor Wiley. I would still prefer Sagitta to be the last Career standing, though.

(Also, I have a theory that the Head Gamemaker was assassinated by Amara's mother, who has had a year now in which to figure out that Kalin wasn't the person she should be targeting. )
jacob1106 chapter 39 . 8/9/2013
I just find it ridiculous that non career tributes keep putting up such a good fight against very well trained tributes. I still think, and always have thought, Zale has it in the bag. Wiley can't win since he's your tribute and I just don't think Buck or Thimble has it in them to kill. Neither of them have yet. Buck said himself he wasnt a killer and Thimble never was
pochapal chapter 39 . 8/9/2013
Oh. My. Golly gosh. What a chapter. It has to be the one chapter that's had me on edge more than the others! :D

Also I feel bad for not really reviewing like ever. I am a bad reader. :

Anyway, let's make up for it with this chapter!

So, oh. Sagitta's dead now. Part of me saw it coming, considering how much the Head Gamemaker gushed over her in her final chapter. :/ But damn, Wiley, you're freakin' terrifying!

And so's Claire, evidently. That caught me by surprise a little. Not that Claire died, but how she died. I mean, fire. What a way to go.

Ooh! Thimble and Buck together! This is an interesting combination indeed!

Oh my lawd Zale! Aah oh gosh don't die Buck! ;_;

Oh holy Jeebus it's Wiley! And he's got dynamite! This is going to end horrifically badly for all involved, I can tell!

And here are my predictions for the future:

Wiley's gonna die, at the hands of one of these three, and the dynamite won't explode. Another one's probably gonna go in the fight. Either Buck or Thimble. And then whoever's left is gonna fight Zale, kill him, and win. I don't know, but I just feel as if Zale isn't going to win. And since Wiley's been doomed from the moment of his creation, that leaves either Buck or Thimble to take it home. Of course, these are all just my predictions, and I have no idea what's actually going to go down.

However, whatever happens, I just know it's going to be one of those endings that will simultaneously be satisfying and make me go "What? WhOA" all at once. I shall now await the next chapter with as much patience as I can muster! :D
Semloh chapter 39 . 8/8/2013
Wiley is seriously creeping me out! AND OMG CLAIRE DIED! So much action this chapter. I think Buck or Zale will win, but I'm not sure how the others will die... Great chapter, can't wait for more!
Thargelion chapter 39 . 8/8/2013
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-
sorry. i'm not a huge fan of wiley... how i hate cliffhangers when i'm not the one writing them... :D this was such a great chapter!
Sophie chapter 39 . 8/8/2013
Wiley killed sagitta! oh my god! that was the suprise wasnt it?
.. and claire... i didn't see her dying i must say, but i never saw her winning either since she was so against killing someone. aw poor buck. out of the remaining tributes, buck is definetly my favorite and i really hope he can win this thing! When buck and Zale were fighting and Wiley all of a sudden pops out of nowhere and goes "hello" i almost rolled off my bed laughing, i don't know why. he just pops up randomly hahaha i dont even know, oh god Wiley has lost it.
Long, eventful chapter with lots of action. I hope buck can win this!
books-are-brain-food456 chapter 39 . 8/8/2013
OH MY GOODNESS THAT WAS CRAZY INCREDIBLE! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! How could I NOT have anything to say about that? Where do I even start?

Sagitta's Death: I had a sneaking suspicion it was going to happen after our late HG openly called her the favourite to win. But I never thought it would be Wiley to do it. That was a big shocker! It's too bad for her that the HG never put in the order to kill Wiley before... well, you killed yourself off. I found this death one of the more gruesome and visual ones, so you get an A on description! I was really creeped out when Wiley killed her with her own bow, but that's just you being an incredible author and creating such a strong image.

["It's called going on the defensive." Sagitta grumbled, "And it's just as important as offense, for your information."] -My favourite line of Sagitta's from her Reaping chapter. She was right. And in those last moments, following Wiley, she should have chosen the defensive. She might have pulled through in that battle if she hadn't been bitten by that snake, but the bite weakened her and that was all Wiley needed to prevail. RIP Sagitta.

Claire's Death: This one surprised me. She and Buck were doing so well together, it looked like they had escaped Cerberus and were going to get off Gluttony alive... and then it happened. One moment she's reminding herself she's alive, the next the last head grabs her ankle, she is engulfed in a wall of flame and she is dead. It all happened so quickly, I barely had time to acknowledge that she had died and neither did Buck. It was realistic to see him in disbelief after and to blame himself for her death.

Buck: Could seriously win this thing. He's relatively healthy, he has armor and he's strong enough to overpower another tribute. But there are other strong tributes still alive in these Games so we'll have to wait and see what happens after this crazy-suspenseful cliffhanger. On a side note, him picking up Viola's necklace was a nice touch. It showed even more of the emotional side of him. At the beginning this guy came off as cold to everyone, but now we have seen a deeper layer of him and he seems like a real person.

Thimble: I don't care if she's twelve as doesn't really stand a chance right now. She is my favourite to win. She has a good heart and is a character who is easy to relate to. She might not even believe she can win, but if the three boys simultaneously destroy each other while considering her "not a threat"... well, she would still be the last one standing.

Wiley: Who would have ever thought that the timid boy from District Three would rack up four kills... so far. He has absolutely lost it in every sense of the phrase. If he wasn't your tribute I would honestly say he could win! He seriously believes he is in an artificial world... man, that's just crazy. I'm really doubting that dynamite will work without a match, though, since it has been out in the rain for who knows how long.

Zale: The Last Career Standing (sounds like a name for an old Western). He still has his work cut out for him, though. Three other tributes (some more powerful than others) are still standing. I can't honestly say who will win right now. As we've seen in this chapter, anything can happen. I've still got some predictions...

My preference for Victor:
1. Thimble
2. Buck
3. Zale
4. Wiley (sorry, mate, you're just really creeping me out!)

Who will likely BE the Victor:
1. Zale (just cuz you like the majority of Games to be won by Careers)
2. Buck
3. Thimble
4. Wiley (purely because he is your tribute, otherwise I would rank him higher)

How about another statistic? 1/3 of the tributes that were alive at the beginning of this chapter are dead now. Crazy, huh? I can't believe this story is almost over. I'm going to miss it. :( But it's not over yet! Fantastic chapter, Hoprocker, and I hope you have hundreds of excited reviews waiting in your inbox when you get home! :D *Scrolls up and down review box* This is seriously the longest review I have ever written on ANY fanfiction and you deserve it.
MoonlightOceans chapter 39 . 8/8/2013
Wiley... NO! DON'T DO EET HOPPYROCKY WHY YOU DO DIS TO MY FAVORITE CHARACTER TT I'M SAD NOW. THIS WAS A TRULY AMAZIN CHAPTER. IT'S LIKE A PIE WITH SPRINKLES AND WHIPPED CREAM AND MILK. I LIEK MILK.
x54321 chapter 39 . 8/8/2013
Woohoo, you updated! Yay for 8,000 word long chapters. Have fun at the con!

Firstoff, let me just marvel at the intensity and awesomeness and perfection of this chapter. I was leaning into my computer during most of it. Woohoo!

Wow, 8,000 words, though... It takes such a long time to write, but it goes by all too fast when I'm reading it.

Okay, initial ramblings over with: Let's cut to the chase.

Evidently, we know what "the unthinkable" was. The Capitol's choice for victor ended up dying, and it was at the hands of the one they almost offed. How ironic. Still, I feel really sorry for Wiley, but I adore what he's become. It was never right for him, and it will remain as such until the bitter end.

[He was so close that she could see what insanity had done to him. Spiky clumps of hair mixed with blood stood out on his head. His temples were streaked with light red gashes and scabs as if he had been running his nails over his skin. They were barely visible through the layer of grime that had formed there.

Worst of all were his hands. They were sticky with blood and dirt. It was too excessive to be his own blood.] I adore this description of Wiley. Nicely written! I rarely quote things on peoples' fics, but this had to make my review.

Anyways, while Sagitta's death was "surprising," I can't say I didn't see it coming. All that talk about how they wanted her to win was a sign.

Wiley makes a good killer.

Okay, moving on to the Cluck part of the chapter. Buck, you fool. You played with fire, and Claire died. CLAIRE DIED, WE SALUTE YOU CLAIRE, I'M SO SORRY YOU HAD TO DIE, YOU WERE ONE OF MY PICKS FOR VICTOR, BUT NOPE. Okay, in all seriousness, Buck made the right choice burning the Cerberus, and I truly admire Claire for her selflessness. If there's a heaven, she's going to it.

Buck is going to be the victor. I can feel it.

Zale, I still dislike you a lot. I think you're going to die, but maybe not. I dunno... I sure hope you aren't the victor. Buck so has this fight.

Unfortunately, Wiley isn't going to blow them to Smither's Jeans. Though it would be cool... I don't think it'll happen. Honestly, I thought he would rampage and commit suicide after offing Sagitta.

Thimble, kill someone while you can. They'll take you otherwise. I'm just glad there's a 2/3 chance a tribute I like wins. Those are some good odds.

Wow! This chapter was stunning. Commendable work, and I cannot wait to see the exciting conclusion to this superb story.

Have fun at Con!
LoopyToucan chapter 39 . 8/8/2013
Not bothering to sign in, but this chapter was amazing (as usual). I hate Wiley so much but at the same time I pity him. I don't know. I'm jut confused.
Wisteria22 chapter 39 . 8/8/2013
Oooh, climax! It'll be awesome to see who comes out as victor! Now, for an in depth analysis of sorts on the three hopefuls...

Zale: He's gotten rather arrogant at this point. He's always going on about how he's in the best condition, but honestly, I don't find that to be true. The other tributes have stronger reasons and motives than him-he's just in it to win it. If Zale did win the Hunger Games, he wouldn't really care, either. I can see no reaction coming from him, as he doesn't have much more to develop from. As of this point, I'm going to count him out.

Buck: He's developed a lot. His accent continues to annoy me, and it's the only reason I hope that it's not him. :P However, he has the skills and ability to do it. The promise to Claire will allow him to fight strongly. However, I do see an obstacle in the way of Thimble. She's a little kid in his eyes, and most likely with his newly awakened morals, he'll try to protect her. He might die for her, meaning I'm going to count him out as well.

Thimble: The only reasoning I have against her would be age. And given that I earned my black belt at her age, that really isn't an issue. It's more of a stereotype that's spread throughout SYOT fanfics that the younger ones are incredibly weak. Not all of them are going to be pummeled. With proper technique and form, I kid you not, I know some people in real life that are on par with Sienna. It's all a matter of what you can put your mind to. She's developed a lot, learning about relationships and others. It would be neat to have a young victor as well, to see her deal with the psychological affects of it. Of course, she was my tribute's District Partner, but I believe that she would be enjoyable to see as Victor.

Thus, my prediction shall be Thimble at this moment. If Wiley wasn't your character, I would say that it might be him.
PerryTheBrave chapter 39 . 8/8/2013
It just haaaaaaad to end there! Great chapter, hun! Very descriptive and exciting! Looking forward to the next one!
Chasing Silmarils chapter 39 . 8/8/2013
*comes home from cross country practice, sweating to death and dead tired... sees that you updated... jumps two feet in the air.*
Nice, long chapter. :)
Sagitta's death was really something. I like to think she'd've died anyway, from that snake bite. And the way Wiley tricked her was... EPIC. That really surprised me. And how he shoved that bow into her throat... SICK. In both the way meaning awesome and the way meaning disgusting.
And Claire's death... aww. I knew it was going to happen at one point, though. :'( Poor Buck. Nice sponsor gift for him, though!
The fight... EPIC. Just epic. Great writing, great description... yeah, as usual.
And Wiley... wow, I think he just might be the victor! Maybe.
Sorry for the long review. But I had so much to say... :D
ForeverBrilliant chapter 39 . 8/8/2013
Aw fudge not a cliffhanger! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. At least I know for sure that all three don't blow up, cuz that would leave Wiley as victor, and that can't happen.

RIP Sagitta and Claire. I REALLY wanted one of them to win :(. Oh well, at least thimble is still alive. I really hope she wins!

Overall amazing chappie! Sorry about the crappy review, if I remember, I'll log in and post a better review.

Please update quickly!
peetalover240 chapter 39 . 8/8/2013
OMG! THIS WAS THE MOST AMAZING CHAPTER YET! Ooh wiley better not win. I dont care who out of the other three would win but im leaning towards zale. I dont think the capitol will let wiley win though, hes gone completly insane
1,276 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »