Reviews for Final Judgment: The 44th Hunger Games
Bwet619 chapter 44 . 12/23/2013
Omg amazing.. The last couple paragraphs were just amazing. But sadly buck didn't make it :( the last two books kinda sucked, I like fanfic a lot more
Asami Sato chapter 44 . 12/22/2013
Happy anniversary!

Ahhh! You did it! I’m so happy about how this all played out. This was perfectly done. The movie was just amazing wasn’t it! I too was keeping a special eye out for the D10 guy, and you’re right he just completely disappears.

LOL yeah the guy playing Buck is one really hot 4o something. But it makes sense that he would be, the games haven’t really plagued him the same way that they have done other tributes, he never actually killed anyone, he doesn’t really remember them the way other victors do, he didn’t go through all the prostitution stuff (right? At least I think he didn’t, I can’t remember)… Besides the capitol probably has a ton of anti-ageing stuff.

Dang, If Daya had stayed with Buck and kept trying to help him she probably wouldn’t have gotten caught up in the wave… I wonder how the games would have played out differently if that were so, maybe they would have made it to end and gotten taken by the capitol.

I’m really excited to see Channa’s death and how that plays out. Does she get attacked by her own district or get killed when the rebels take district 1, does she get she get executed by the capitol for being a suspect in the rebellion! I can’t wait to find out.
Caleb Prior chapter 44 . 12/22/2013
It seems fitting that the winner of the 44th games dies in the 44th chapter :)

Ahhh Darby! No! I like that they tried and it didn’t work out. I also like that despite having a lame life as victor he still wanted to live.

Your character building of the other characters was phenomenal.

I loved seeing the other wedges of the clock in action, very well done.

All in all, this is an amazing story, I’m sad it will be ending, but also happy too because it’s ending really strong and well in my opinion. Thank you for letting me be a part of this and the journey you've taken us all on.
Dante Alighieri1308 chapter 44 . 12/22/2013
YES! So happy to see an update! I agree, Catching Fire was amazing and I'm glad they continued to do a good job with the films! BUT YES! BUCK DOES DISAPPEAR INTO A PLOT HOLE! Ugh, i was rather disappointed by that, but hey, everything else was great.

Poor Buck, essentially lost everything he had been surviving for. It seems to go that way for all Victors though, so understandable. I'm not surprised that him and Darby tried a relationship and even less surprised to see that it didn't work out. At least he's still got his jabberyjay and that the Capitol cared enough about him to give him another. It's a nice comparison too with how quickly the could move on with a jabberjay just like they do with tributes.

Catria was nicely done. She's got a good fire to her and I like how her and Buck reflected off on another. And yes, Buck has aged well haha. Also nice addition with the D9 team. We literally know of no one from District 9, the only character from there ever mentioned was the male who tried to take the bag from Katniss at the start of her Games and got knifed by Clove.

Awww poor jabberjay! It probably would fetch a nice price though, hopefully it would find a nice home for a little. Also, I love how you've got the hate going for Katniss and Peeta. Makes sense that not everyone was graced with Haymitchs plan, and if they were they wouldn't go along with it entirely. I liked Buck's reasoning as well as he tried to pin it on Snow instead of the D12 pair. It's just hard to remember that Snow is the real reason for this while Katniss and Peeta are so much easier targets. It's the perfect example of Capitol influence.

Aw, the heaven quote! I'm glad you added that.

So Barley tried to kill Peeta? Nice touch there.

Daya is another nice addition to the mix. Look at you, adding character traits to tributes who were glossed over. How nice of you :) I actually felt bad when the wave hit her, that's got to be a tough way to go.

CERBERUS! AHHH! Great! Excellent! Bold! Ugh I'm really happy by that. And what a nice last line from Buck.

Alright, another great one just like Kalin. I noticed a few grammar mistakes so you'e absolutely fine :) Anyways, thanks again for updating! Channa next! I feel like she's going to be caught up in the Victor Purge.
The Head Gamemaker chapter 44 . 12/22/2013
No you’re right I watched it twice and both times I kept my eyes open for the D10 male in the sky and he never freaking showed up.

That’s so sad about Darby.

I like the personality you gave Catria, she’s not your average weepy outer district victor, she took to the capitol and feels above her district now, I like that.

So happy you kept the chariot outfit from the books. I wish we got to see those in the move better. Finnick’s costume was only from the waste up.

[buck’s hands shook as he handled the different weapons and tried not to picture being stabbed with one.]- I love how he’s essentially going in for his first time, and he’s nervous as all get out

I really like that he’s p!ssed at Katniss for this whole thing

Oh My goodness the “I haven’t touched a whip in months… not for fighting anyways”/ “The capitol are sick”, this is great, first off I love that that is her weapon, I’ve always wanted to see a D10er use that, despite it being a really gory weapon… That the capitol probably has weird fantasies about the victor’s games that victors have to play out for them is sick.

I love that they were going for a kind of farmer alliance, 9, 10, 11… and I love that D9 is a part of it, I feel bad for them because they always seem to get glossed over. BTW great names for those two.

I like that buck must of seemed like a friggin crazy person all those years with his random Jaberjay on his shoulder talking to him. No wonder no one wants anything to do with him. I kind of want him to be in the jaberjay section and just frolic around with the birds.

You just know his stylist is going to steal junior for herself.

Ahhh Barley was the dude trying to kill peeta! Nicely done.

“We’re all main characters of our own story!” {WOO! Fav quote}

Ahhh! Vines! I’m so happy were exploring the other segments of the clock. Quick, Lumos Solem! That I’ll take care of that.

So is Cerberus was in here do you think the gamemakers catered it so that each of the sections represented some horror from one tributes of the past games, like Annie was the wave (from the dam breaking) I know she wasn’t in here but she was still chosen and the Capitol were probably planning/hoping for her to return, IDK maybe…

Bye Buck, you were very fun to read. I loved this chapter so much and all the little things about the other victors you threw in. Thank you Hoprocker. I can’t wait for Channa and seeing the fallout of the games form a non-rebel perspective/seeing her family!

Goodnight, I’m going to bed…
Ashbrie13 chapter 44 . 12/21/2013
gahh how do you do this. i cannot even. good job, i suck at reviews.
Semloh chapter 44 . 12/22/2013
There goes another victor... I like that Bucks death was by Cerberus. Not that I'm happy about that, but it means he never left his games. And he remembered Caire, and that was nice. I like the ideas for the other wedges though. I can't wait for the last death, but I don't want it to come because this story will be over!
hgamesfic chapter 44 . 12/21/2013
Hey, really enjoyed this chapter!

I think you kept buck's personality going well, as he stood out to me during the 44th games and he was exactly how I remember him in this chapter.

It was really interesting by the way to see the perspective of the 75th games from the lesser known tributes, really good world building with the district 9 victors.

And I loved the thing with cerberus! Such a great reference for people like me who love your trilogy lol

Looking forward to channa's chapter!
Guest chapter 44 . 12/21/2013
Awesome chapter! Poor Buck, if I had to go back into the arena I would just die! (Literally and figuratively!) I wonder how Channa is going to die. She wasn't in the 75th, so she must have been killed after the Hunger games?
x54321 chapter 44 . 12/21/2013
Here's a nice review, wrapped in a shiny bow. Tis the season...

It's interesting how this is all canon, and whatnot. So does this mark the end of the story, meaning you're going to skip Channa's ending, or?

But either way, it's been remarkable. Congratulations on finally finishing it! Plz sign me up for teh 45th.

Would it be too hopeful to expect a new chapter for O Fortuna over the break?
mel chapter 43 . 12/20/2013
I know you are probably tired of these stories but it's such a pity because they are amazing! I wish you would keep writing them!
ChicCritique chapter 43 . 12/8/2013
Aww, Kalin...well, at least you can see your friends and parents again. weak smile
books-are-brain-food456 chapter 43 . 11/23/2013
Wow. Fantastic chapter, Hoprocker! Kalin's death suited him well. Seeing him realize that it would have been better for Amara or Jarek to win was a huge step forward in his character from where he was during his Games. I liked getting to see Chaff's Games through Kalin's eyes as well. It made the experience better than if it had been written from Chaff's perspective.

I could go on for hours... but this was really well done! Can't wait for more. :)
Guest chapter 43 . 11/21/2013
This actually made me cry ;( And thus, my favorite victor is dead...
Caleb Prior chapter 43 . 11/22/2013
Ahhhh! Catching Fire is out! I can't wait to see it!

I really like this chapter, especially the insight into the next games. I loved the arena it would suck to be in, and I can't imagine many visitors would be going there afterward.

I liked how he started self-medicating and was all jealous of Seeder.

That was totally Amara's mom!

Kalin wasn't my favorite of the three, but you sure made him memorable. Great job I can't wait to see more.
1,270 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »