Reviews for Majesty
Valandil chapter 1 . 11/22/2014
It was three times, fyi
Valandil chapter 1 . 7/1/2014
My apologies, it seems my first review didn't get sent in. Now that I can properly review it, I have 3 things to comment on.
First of all: You did a incredible job in capturing Gondolin. I can see the bloodstained walls rising, Tuor standing at the top, looking below upon Maeglin, as the battle progresses on, I can see the forces converging upon the city, the light darkened, exactly as you described.
Second: I find that you did a good job summing up Maeglin's objectives and thoughts as this happened, I can see him saying this to Tuor, Wonderful.
Finally, I have my only half-negative critique. Although you did a good (more than good) job capturing the scenery and the speech, I find that you didn't delve enough into the chaos itself, focusing only on Maeglin and Tuor. Then again, as it is from Maeglin's perspective, I can see why the chaos wasn't focused on - "bloody chaos breaks around me, unafraid".
Overall, a brilliant work.
The Lead Mare chapter 1 . 4/21/2014
damn well now I'm kind of sad
this was a good poem
Guest chapter 1 . 10/20/2013
Type your review here...

(- Valandil of Nargothrond)
Morgaur chapter 1 . 1/17/2013
Well, that is a good poem. But I'm angry, because I was trying to write a Maeglin poem myself. Now you've beat me to it. No matter; I'll do mine in prose. ;)
The meter sounds good. Somehow it sounds like it should be sung. Have you heard Miracle of Sound's TAKE IT BACK song? There's a bit in it 'screaming sound...' which I feel fits this meter.
Nice.
Mornen chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
This took me a couple of read throughs to keep track of what was happening. The first person made it confusing (but in a pleasant way).

I would think that was a hard metre to work with, but you used it very effectively.

"Seven times they jagged crush me,
Wrathful stones;" - I would have to say, that was my favourite part. Wrathful stones was wonderful.
LornaWinters chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
Hey, thanks for your review!

This was really good. Creepy, but soooo good!

I like your profile, too! Thanks for writing!
Sidi chapter 1 . 12/25/2012
Hah I though that it was about Maeglin, Tuor and Idril. Liked the meter. Which one is it?
CrackinAndProudOfIt chapter 1 . 12/21/2012
Oh, my goodness, Celt, I'm almost in tears right now; that was utterly gorgeous. I love it! This is such a vividly wonderful glimpse into Maeglin's thoughts and emotions and ultimate tragic fate. I think I've read it four times now; I just can't stop!

Your language was incredibly powerful; each and every word fits together to create unforgettable images that paint a dark and lovely picture. That final line, especially, gives me chills every time. This is beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

Thank you so much, and Merry, Merry Christmas! :)
-Crackers