Reviews for Majesty
Peregrin Took the Falcon chapter 1 . 5/11
Maybe this was a bad idea at eleven o'clock at night. If Maeglin were one for poetry, this is what he would probably have written. One wonders whether he was ever reborn and met Idril again; that would be extremely awkward.
Valandil chapter 1 . 11/22/2014
It was three times, fyi
Valandil chapter 1 . 7/1/2014
My apologies, it seems my first review didn't get sent in. Now that I can properly review it, I have 3 things to comment on.
First of all: You did a incredible job in capturing Gondolin. I can see the bloodstained walls rising, Tuor standing at the top, looking below upon Maeglin, as the battle progresses on, I can see the forces converging upon the city, the light darkened, exactly as you described.
Second: I find that you did a good job summing up Maeglin's objectives and thoughts as this happened, I can see him saying this to Tuor, Wonderful.
Finally, I have my only half-negative critique. Although you did a good (more than good) job capturing the scenery and the speech, I find that you didn't delve enough into the chaos itself, focusing only on Maeglin and Tuor. Then again, as it is from Maeglin's perspective, I can see why the chaos wasn't focused on - "bloody chaos breaks around me, unafraid".
Overall, a brilliant work.
The Lead Mare chapter 1 . 4/21/2014
damn well now I'm kind of sad
this was a good poem
Guest chapter 1 . 10/20/2013
Type your review here...

(- Valandil of Nargothrond)
Morgaur chapter 1 . 1/17/2013
Well, that is a good poem. But I'm angry, because I was trying to write a Maeglin poem myself. Now you've beat me to it. No matter; I'll do mine in prose. ;)
The meter sounds good. Somehow it sounds like it should be sung. Have you heard Miracle of Sound's TAKE IT BACK song? There's a bit in it 'screaming sound...' which I feel fits this meter.
Mornen chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
This took me a couple of read throughs to keep track of what was happening. The first person made it confusing (but in a pleasant way).

I would think that was a hard metre to work with, but you used it very effectively.

"Seven times they jagged crush me,
Wrathful stones;" - I would have to say, that was my favourite part. Wrathful stones was wonderful.
LornaWinters chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
Hey, thanks for your review!

This was really good. Creepy, but soooo good!

I like your profile, too! Thanks for writing!
Sidi chapter 1 . 12/25/2012
Hah I though that it was about Maeglin, Tuor and Idril. Liked the meter. Which one is it?
CrackinAndProudOfIt chapter 1 . 12/21/2012
Oh, my goodness, Celt, I'm almost in tears right now; that was utterly gorgeous. I love it! This is such a vividly wonderful glimpse into Maeglin's thoughts and emotions and ultimate tragic fate. I think I've read it four times now; I just can't stop!

Your language was incredibly powerful; each and every word fits together to create unforgettable images that paint a dark and lovely picture. That final line, especially, gives me chills every time. This is beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

Thank you so much, and Merry, Merry Christmas! :)