Reviews for Things of Import
Soranium chapter 2 . 1/31/2013
It's nice when stories like these come along. They remind everybody that behind the happy facade of series' atmosphere, there are always hidden depths within each character, just waiting to be explored.

You said something about how you'll post this if it comes together well in the previous chapter. Well, I've got to say that it did. It came together quite well. You manged to churn out a decent piece diving into Miyanaga Teru's psyche without shaking off the canonical restraints... much. Of course, maybe because of that, the chapter turned out a bit short. That's not a big problem, though. There are literally one-word chapters in this website, after all.

A question stands, though... will you stick to just this duo of characters, or will you explore other characters? I'd personally like to see something like this about Hisa, seeing as Ritz has left everybody hanging concerning her background.

By the way, second-person stories are statistically rare in this website, and well written pieces are even harder to come by, so good job.
Vein's Simply Tired chapter 2 . 1/31/2013
Teru in my mind is still kind but she got this *hatred* towards Saki that cause her to act like that to Saki.

(lets just call the girl from Saki's flash back *blond miyanaga* lol)

My current theory is that Saki inadvertently cause the blond miyanaga to drown (and most possibly die), and since she can't swim, she can't save her, Teru got mad and shit happens...

I don't understand the drama cd *it's in japanese*, but someone say that one of them include Teru saying that she will go with their mother, so I assume that at the time their parent decide to split up, Teru and Saki is still in good term.

Saki did try to solve it(the past) I think (since she said that she had visit Teru *and their mother* once by her self, but "nothing I say got through her, so I'm sure she's still mad")

Teru and Saki won't meet at the team tournament, so yeah it is most likely the *problem* will be dragged onto individual.

So many question and the manga update is so slow *sigh*

(grade 12 is hard indeed T_T hang in there you can do it :) )
Vein's Simply Tired chapter 1 . 1/31/2013
Wonderful

It is shown that Saki is way too happy when she got in the pool (to the point of hugging Nodoka tightly), combined with the flash back, it is very likely that Saki is traumatic of large water bodies.

Beepdafaqboop chapter 2 . 1/31/2013
Chapter? What are you doing chapter?! Chapter quit being shorter! Chapter don't! Chapter stahhpppp!
nightsentinel09 chapter 1 . 1/23/2013
This is a good theory.
Judging from Saki's personality you have a good chance of getting it right too.

I look forward to your next chapter.
Yashi-Sama chapter 1 . 12/22/2012
I'm taking this as a trailer to your fic. If it is, then you're doing great. I will only criticize the massive use of (parenthesis) and I know you're using them to portray something every time you use them but it's not really healthy. But that's just nitpicking, overall this is a good trailer to something that might be interesting. As a writer and a fan of Saki Miyanaga I've never really thought about using her inability to swim to make a story and it's refreshing to see someone who does. I'll be waiting for your updates and I hope every chapter will be longer than this.