Reviews for GI Joe Secrets: Part 3
Jaenelle Angelline chapter 17 . 1/29/2013
This is an answer to 'guest's' review of chapter 18.
Many people think slavery's over, that there are no more slaves, when the reality is that it's more prevalent than it ever was before. There are just as many now, held in inhumane conditions, not just in third-world countries but also right here in the US. In a world where you can start with nothing and end up with everything you ever wanted, at a certain point money stops becoming a goal and the ultimate power comes from having complete control over another human being. That's what I'm trying to show in this story-in all my stories, actually, since I've tackled a number of social issues in each novel. Ignorance of the issue compounds the problem ;the 'Oh, it doesn't happen here' mentality doesn't help, and the 'well, she went with the trafficker she asked for it' doesn't help either. I've run across both those viewpoints and it's more common than you think.
guest chapter 18 . 1/28/2013
Thank you for your attention to the Human Trafficking issue. Americas Heartland has been hit hard. Very real problem.
Jaenelle Angelline chapter 18 . 1/28/2013
This is a response to Guest's review of chapter 18.
This is not meant to be that sort of fic, or to be used in that fashion. Human trafficking is very real, happens to people all over the world, and is a current human rights topic. This story is supposed to highlight the problems that authorities face in tracking down the victims, prosecuting the offenders, and helping victims recover, as well as a look at how the traffickers move their 'merchandise' from country to country. The US has plenty of these trafficking victims, and this is to bring awareness to their situation, as well as, in the chapters to come, highlighting the painful recovery process, both physical, mental and emotional; the legal processes involved in prosecuting one of these traffickers and so on.
I would also like to remind you that this is a fanfic board that children can access and read and I would strongly recommend that you watch what you post in the reviews. I am going to have your review flagged and taken down as it contains no constructive criticism as regards the content.
fandelivres chapter 18 . 1/27/2013
A great chapter:) And you keep writing very efficiently, it's fantastic! please keep writing:)
Guest chapter 18 . 1/27/2013
Yay! They're safe! Please keep updating, I'm still hooked into this story
Bronwynn chapter 18 . 1/26/2013
The process to the Shana off that cross was grueling. I hope that Snake Eyes being reunited with her will be the first step in her healing process. I imagine that any Joe on that rescue mission will have some issues to deal with as this rescue mission was for their own teammates.
Bronwynn chapter 17 . 1/26/2013
The first moments of relief set in as the Joes are now on the island. Cam is now receiving medical care and is in the best of hands. I'm cringing as I think of the sight that awaits them when they locate Shana.
Bronwynn chapter 16 . 1/26/2013
I had hoped that someone would have reached over and throttled the Homeland Security officer during the beginning of this chapter. He cared about the technology working rather than the lives it could potentially save. His comments about Shana were sickening and I'm not fond of him whatsoever. My heart dropped during the scene where Charlie and Snake shared their news. I'm glad this chapter marks that the rescue mission is underway - not a moment too soon.
Bella Cuore chapter 18 . 1/26/2013
I can't remember the last time I felt such relief in reading a story. I can't wait to see Shana's reaction when she realizes she's back with Snake Eyes. I understand there will be a long recovery time, but I do hope she will find comfort in knowing that he's there.
fandelivres chapter 15 . 1/20/2013
a great chapter! what is going to happen?:) I can't wait!
Bronwynn chapter 15 . 1/19/2013
Auggie's birth was not the complication-free easy delivery that everyone had hoped for. I hope everything works our for Liv and Auggie.

The fact that Kennedy would actually crucify a human being makes bile rise in my throat. Shana and Cam are on the brink of losing their lives on this island at the hands of these so-called human beings. Come on Joes. Go get your girls back.
Bronwynn chapter 14 . 1/19/2013
The issues between Shana and Cam are understandable but in the end nothing was done with the intentions to hurt anyone. I feel terrible that there is a rift between them and I'm sure it will take time to heal. Rosa's behavior finally backfired on her.

It was a wonderful moment to have Duke warn Clayton that they could not wait for the original timeline to rescue the girls. I hope things move quickly now because the conditions on the island continue darken with every passing day.
Bronwynn chapter 13 . 1/19/2013
Kennedy is trying a different approach with Shana but it is still cruel and demented. The animalistic treatment, the near drowning scene followed by the maid scenes all show the many levels of his sick mind. The fishing scene was horrible. The information Shana provided was not completely true but it seemed to pacify Kennedy for the time being.
Bella Cuore chapter 15 . 1/19/2013
That was awesome! I wish Snake Eyes could do that too. Now, I can't believe I have to wait a whole week! PLEASE tell me they get rescued next week?!
Bella Cuore chapter 14 . 1/19/2013
I feel like I'm suffering through all this with them. Please, please PLEASE get them on that island soon! I am a very peaceful person normally, but I am so invested in this story I sincerely hope that Snake Eyes and Charlie make them PAY for what they've done. I am so happy Cam got some revenge on Rosa.