Reviews for 23 Cannons: The 69th Annual Hunger Games
grandvizier527 chapter 46 . 4/5/2014
Since you finished this before I could even start reading it, I decided not to give any reviews until I was done. And boy, was I hooked! Then again, pretty much any Hunger Games story would probably hook me...unless it was like really lame or something. So I'll answer the questions for the final analysis and give some opinions.

1. I'm not really sure if I had a favorite from the get-go since you didn't do all of their POVs from the reapings. I know that's really boring to write, of course, but it's important because it gives character development and such. Of course you said this was your last Games, so why am I telling you this? XD In the long run, though, I grew to like Emily, Alexis, and Dixie. I was sure that one of them was going to win!
2. Kaye was such a flamboyant homosexual that it probably came across as a stereotype. Of course, that was his goal all along. And Brinn? I don't know if I could say that I genuinely disliked him, but I thought it was hilarious that he was afraid of trees! Did the submitter show you him as a joke or something?! XD
3. Dixie, from going from Career to "good" character (basically any character that isn't a killer/Career is "good"). Because of that, I seriously thought she'd win! But instead Kylee did! She had a bit of development, too, after her victory. I wonder what happened to her after the Games? Looks like she didn't participate in the rebellion, so I have no idea what happened to her.
4. Emily. It was sad how she had to just barely survive Kaye's attack, only to be killed by the Arena Apocalypse, as I like to call it. Also, I felt like Xander could have been developed more. He seemed smart enough to almost handle himself, but instead he was just part of the alliance, and in a way expendable. Same goes for Rose, too.
5. TONS. The way you had whole alliances get slaughtered all at once was amazing! At first I was pissed because you didn't kill anyone in the bloodbath (IKR? I'm such a Capitolite!) but then you had four boys die anyway! Usually writers will have them all die one by one, but wiping them all out at once-multiple times-was a great idea in itself, too! I also loved the unexpected season changes and of course the Arena Apocalypse!
6. Nothing seemed predictable, except after you had killed the first alliance I was beginning to catch on and knew that all the alliances would be wiped out around the same time. And aside from Dixie and Emily, that's basically what happened. Also, Brinn's death was predictable after he went insane, but that's fine.
7. It was quite the climax! I was a little unsure of how it would go down (I figured that Alexis' alliance would be killed, but little else), but what I say was quite the surprise!
8. I was tad disappointed with the cast. Because you stopped doing reapings after a while, it felt like a lot of characters hadn't been explored at all. That was kinda wrong to do. Remember, the people that gave you those tributes wanted them to be unique, and remembered for something even if they didn't make it past the bloodbath! There were of course, a few good eggs, namely Alexis and Dixie, but mostly the tributes were either forgettable/expendable or psychotic killers. The latter are common, the former not so much.
9. I was surprised that Kylee won, and I'll bet most of your readers were, too. I mean, I thought there was sort of this rule in SYOT fanfics that the victor had to be a "good" character (i.e. they only killed in self-defense and they weren't insane killers or Careers) but you had one of said killers actually win! So in a way, the villain won! Except Kylee was by no means the only villain in this story; Kaye and Markus were great killers, too. Of course, her being the winner seemed to throw a wrench in Cascadelle's plans for rebellion, but for President Snow it went along just fine. It was clear that after the Games she would just say what she had to quell the rebellion. But since this was the 69th games, we know that the flames didn't completely die out?

10. I would have included reapings for all the characters. I'll admit we readers don't read them much (unless we submitted a tribute) but knowing what happens before the games and how everyone entering them is feeling is VERY important! Because you skipped that step, it made a number of the characters be grouped together when they formed their alliances. Speaking of those, I was kind of on the fence about the idea. On the one hand, it created the shock and awe factor that we readers/the Capitol (we're interchangeable mostly) wanted, but on the other hand the fact that you didn't develop some of them pretty much gave you the ability to kill them all at once. Because they were all lumped together and similar in personality (at least with the first 3 alliances wiped out) it was as if you killing just an individual rather than a group. Having Dixie live and escape this fate was a nice touch, though. If I were you, I would have picked maybe two of the four each to kill and let the other 2 escape (maybe to split up and be killed later?)

All in all, this was not the best Hunger Games I've seen (I've only seen a few others, though) but it was still quite entertaining. It had its good and bad points, but it had a great finish, and one quite fitting for a finale for your Hunger Games fanfic writing and as a great prequel to the events of the books.

Good luck with whatever projects you have! May the odds be ever in your favor! (I know that's not the best thing to say, but what did I tell you? Capitolites, readers, same thing.)
RoyallGhost chapter 45 . 2/8/2014
Give Em. Something or else
dexin chapter 39 . 1/3/2014
Send something to Emily Please
jakeboy4914 chapter 1 . 12/8/2013
I love this first chapter it seems so exciting, the arena sounds like it's going to be fantastic as well. Dew was also very interesting and I loved how the time was explained from the Capitols point of view pointing out that the rebellion was the Districts fault. I love this story and maybe you could read and review my story, the 35th hunger games which I have just started up
Guest chapter 3 . 11/20/2013
Also recognized is with a a not an s
Guest chapter 2 . 11/19/2013
Great story but (I know it's weird I noticed but) you spelled "flavor" and "favor" flavour and favour.
criticalscarsonbeautifulveins chapter 35 . 11/18/2013
Cool chapter!
blowflyblowtorch chapter 12 . 11/17/2013
I have an actual account, with this name, but I'm too lazy to log in ;P Just wanted to say great story so far and 'Lucy Caspian'? Looks like we have another narnia fan up in here :D
HG1 FAN chapter 34 . 11/17/2013
Wow this is great. Please let the murder-boy and Kylee die, and everyone else go home by the ideas of Alexis:)
Salvera is my favorite;) She reminds me of myself a bit, kind of out of it:)
Guest chapter 1 . 11/13/2013
I see so many hunger games books say shot, what does that mean?
Guest chapter 1 . 11/12/2013
I like the story but by the 69th annual district 13 was still around and competing or so I thought it was around the 71st or so that they were gone I think
Rosseth chapter 27 . 11/2/2013
Please keep Kylee alive- she makes it way more interesting! :) Also looking foward to Alexis's plan. Good story!