Reviews for Almost Perfect Christmas
LifeMeansNothingWithoutMusic chapter 1 . 2/25
I liked the story but the time skipping really confused me haha.
Lucie chapter 1 . 1/11
Hey! I just wanted to thank you for the totally amazing read haha (although i don't think i should, i was so engrossed i had to read it in one go, totally neglecting the fact that i have exams next week). It's a really refreshing story and well, i just so loved it!
The way Lucius is depicted and his whole backstory are really great and entirely new to me. Same thing with Sirius haha, i had my doubts at the beginning seeing how i love him, but it went well with the rest so my doubts were soon forgotten. And Severus is so funny too haha! I feel like a little more explanation on his role in the war would have been useful though.
I was a bit lost at the beginning with the constant flashbacks and the dates. I actually thought the ministry ball was after Christmas for the most part, so you can understand where my confusion came from ; i then realized that i had seen 19th december mentionned somewhere and that it was the date of the ball (i only realized because the time Harry learn is pregnant didn't add up with other facts, it took me very long. but everything made sens after that haha) (to think i had memorised the date -my birthday- only to remember it after so long haha).
And i just wanted to make a little correction on the ignis uoco (or voco), if you want to say "i call the fire" it's "ignem uoco" ; and "villa of light" would be "lucis uilla (or villa)". But don't mind me that's just my inner latin nerd talking! x) (but you got the firestorm right, it's pleasing reading a correct french term haha) (a lot of people like to add french sentences in their fiction blindingly trusting google translation and it's hardly understandable -as it might be with other languages but i only speak english and french.)
Anyway, congratulations! :)
spk chapter 1 . 1/6
Loved this story. The idea behind it and the characterizations. There were some bumps with wrong words used that slowed me down, but I mark that up to English not being your first language. Even though I enjoyed the story, I did find the numerous time jumps to be confusing. About halfway through, I just quit paying any attention to them because I couldn't keep straight which scene went with which time period. It might work better next time if you had tried changing the font in some way (ex: since you started with Christmas eve as your "present", then have the Christmas Ball be in italics, and the horcrux hunt be underlined or something similar)...just a suggestion to make the reading easier. Still loved the storyline though. :)
Pyrane chapter 1 . 12/14/2014
Thanks for sharing the story with us

***Pyrane***
Mistress M-n-M chapter 1 . 11/1/2014
Good story. I feel it may have been better without the constant time jumps. It was difficult for me to keep track of what was going on. I'm usually a fan of the first scene being in at the end of the story, like a teaser, and then the rest of the story progressing chronologically from the beginning to that end. Perhaps something to keep in mind for another story?

Keep writing!
EveJHoang chapter 1 . 10/30/2014
That was really cute. I feel all cuddly now... )
fairygirl90 chapter 1 . 4/20/2014
wow this was amazing! I really liked it even if it was a little confusing with all the timeline switches, but that just added to the overall appeal of the story itself. Do you have a sequel for this, because it could totally continue (and it's just that good).
PHEONIX39 chapter 1 . 11/23/2013
Sweet story! I laughed alot and frowned a bit in some spots but alas, it was a brief moment that pased quickly. Now I can go and check out your other DONE! FULL MARKS! Add 100 points to your house. CHEERS!
Assassin of the Shadows chapter 1 . 11/14/2013
I both liked and disliked this story; liked the idea of it... greatly disliked how it jumped everywhere. At times it was annoying and confusing to read...
raspberry dreams chapter 1 . 10/24/2013
Wow! wonderful story
Obscene Cupcake chapter 1 . 10/4/2013
Harsh crit:

I stopped reading when Sirius showed up the the Ball because it was incredibly unrealistic. No one say s"and you definitely should wed the wizarding girl." No in public out among friends, and definitely not that way. They would say something like "And I know you need time to heel but Ginny really has been hurting lately waiting for you." ect. ect.

How would you talk. Put yourself in Sirius's shoes. How does he feel and why? Pretend you believe his ideas. how would you talk now?
Kazza chapter 1 . 9/8/2013
A lovely story! I really like the structure of this story and the way you wove the timelines together. The structure made me read it carefully and so I enjoyed reading it more than I would have if I have only read it casually. Your English does have a few quirks, as does with a second language, but the few quirks only add to you writing. They give it a natural charm.
adafrog chapter 1 . 7/21/2013
Good story, thanks.
Sephoria2 chapter 1 . 7/6/2013
your story is fabulous. i really loved how sirius and ron were bashed and your twist with lucius and draco!

one improvement i would suggest would be to put the flashbacks in italics. it sometimes got confusing as to where in time the story was taking place.
katelaina1717 chapter 1 . 6/20/2013
Loved it, but wish there was more and sirius finally got his head out of his arse.
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »