Reviews for Star Gates Crossing
VampirateLycan1 chapter 2 . 3/19
I love reading this whenever I need a pick me up. cheesy Christmas movie in words. love it
Ralx34 chapter 5 . 1/8
Thank you for this story, I love this kind of take in another universe but yet very close to the characters, well done !
adangeli chapter 5 . 2/25/2017
I actually read this story the first time several years ago, but I don't think I left a review...

Being the big fan of Hallmark Christmas movies that I am, there were very enjoyable moments for me in this fic. I found myself enjoying the predictability and the come together-fly apart-come back together formula of romance books and movies.

While I enjoyed the story, I found that I wanted so much more - more development, more input from the rest of the characters, just... more. However, I do understand writing fics as gifts and how, in order to get things done on time, sometimes length has to be sacrificed for completion.

Overall, though, it was one that I came back to, these several years later, and enjoyed. Perhaps enjoyed more for knowing how things went already and just getting to revel in the little Jack & Sam moments.

Thanks for writing and sharing this story with us. It's definitely an enjoyable read.
Guest chapter 2 . 6/24/2015
'The Chevy in waiting bay 7 is locked'.
Brilliant
Guest chapter 5 . 9/17/2013
What a cleaver story. I don't why but it made me cry.
midknightstarr chapter 5 . 9/5/2013
I love this! I've read it twice so far and I think this is my favourite AU SG1 story to date. I was sad when it ended, I would have loved to have seen more, but I do love how you ended it with Teal'c's "Indeed" though XD
fanka77 chapter 5 . 7/29/2013
Beautiful...
hedwiggins chapter 5 . 6/21/2013
Soooo, ... are there anymore stories like this one? It was great. :)
Guest chapter 5 . 6/2/2013
Brilliant!
Sparky She-Demon chapter 2 . 2/1/2013
Hmmm. I just *wonder* who the writer is? I have a very good idea!
fanka77 chapter 5 . 1/19/2013
Beautiful story. I really enjoyed it!
Hazmatt chapter 5 . 1/12/2013
Wonderful story! I really enjoyed it! Absolutely amazing!
Zoser chapter 5 . 1/5/2013
Novel take on my favorite characters. And delightful!
Jill G.F chapter 5 . 1/5/2013
I enjoyed this, it's a very intriguing twist of an AU. However, I couldn't help but feel that it was a bit out-of-character, especially for Jack's character (in both his actions and thoughts). For example, whenever he thought of Sam he sounded less like "Jack", and more like a dude in a Harlequin romance. As well, it was pretty awkward when he repeated some phrases from canon like "you're a national treasure." It just felt out of place and didn't totally work in this context.

Alternate universes can be tough to carry characterizations through, and I don't think it totally worked here. You established bonds between characters without really showing their development, leaving a sort of empty sentiment in these relationships. For example, Jack and Sam meet, barely interact but hear much of each other and blamo, are suddenly in love. A similar process goes on with Sam's relationships to others as well. Not that their feelings aren't genuine, it's just so quick (or skimmed over). I am so grateful you kept Pete in-character, too often AU's tend to remake him into some sort of psychopath, which I understand where they're coming from considering his canon behaviour, but interpretations can get pretty extreme.

It definitely felt like a Lifetime holiday special as you said, for better and for worse. The romance was rushed and sudden, and neither Sam and Jack came across as realistic individuals (in any romantic scenes at least). But like a holiday special, this fic is an escape from reality, and sometimes a story such as this is comforting and just relaxing.

This review makes it sound like I hated your story, which I definitely didn't! I'm just over thinking it at this hour. It's a wonderful concept, and I loved the ways you reshaped details from canon into a small town in Minnesota. I really hope you continue to explore either this universe you created, or other AU's, you definitely come up with unique twists on them (which in this fandom is a breath of fresh air!)
Elizabeth S chapter 5 . 1/4/2013
A wonderful AU and a sequel would be wonderful. However, I have to say that Sam's invasion of Jack's privacy, continuing to read private and confidential documents, is truly inexcusable. I can't imagine any adults in the Real World would have reacted any differently to such a violation of their privacy than Jack did. He had nothing to apologise for and Sam was completely in the wrong. But it all ended happily for them. Many thanks for the entertainment.