Reviews for The Second Christmas
keller12917 chapter 2 . 1/8/2014
This was excellent I ran a gamut of emotions reading this chapter loved it!
TheNaggingCube chapter 2 . 10/12/2013
Good one. But Steve will never let Mike be the hostage.
keller12917 chapter 1 . 9/16/2013
Curious if this is going to be updated soon as it does not say complete on it have found it to be a good story and would like to see more unless it is complete and just does not have that notice on it.
Tanith2011 chapter 2 . 1/3/2013
Oh this is one of those stories I could read many times over. I liked how you introduced your villains' names - one calling the other by his name, naturally, while the other by the tag on his jacket. This approach seems more natural to me for Steve to deduce as this is from his POV.
The brutal treatment Steve receives from Tommy was realistically played out and not over the top. I wonder what was going through Mike's thoughts the whole time Steve was inside the store. After watching "Flags of Terror", I could just imagine the fear he was experiencing - the fear of losing Steve should things not go according to plan.
I have no idea what "bologna" is...it might be called something different where I come from but whatever it is doesn't sound too appetizing according to Steve's reactions LOL.
There were some very intense scenes that held my attention throughout. I was holding my breath during the shoot out.
Nice to see Olsen, Haseejian, Lessing and Healey had arrived at the scene out of worry for Steve and undoubtedly to provide moral support for Mike, as well as doing everything they could to ensure the safe release of Steve and Louise Richards. I'm glad it all worked out.
I also like how Mike subtly offered to take Steve to the hospital to get checked out, out of earshot of the rest of the guys for the sake of protecting Steve's "bravado/machoness".

A perfect ending to one of my favorite SOSF stories :-)
Tanith2011 chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
Excellent beginning! You do Mike's character justice with writing from his POV the way you do - true to the way he was portrayed and just so well written. Three things I really think are absolute stand outs to your stories that I want to mention here:

1) Your dialogue between the characters. You could write nothing but a script and I would be glued in front of my screen enjoying reading every line of it. It's something I do admire and wish I could write them almost as well as you do.

2) The way you get right into the characters' heads and write their thoughts into your stories. Writing in POVs is a fine example.

3) You do a fantastic job with cliff hangers and suspense. Your action sequences are not over the top and I could imagine them take place in an episode. I love action and suspense but admittedly, I can get a little over zealous LOL.

This is one of my favorites.
Mounty Swiss chapter 2 . 12/26/2012
Both thrilling and meaningful! Thank you very much!
mcatB chapter 2 . 12/24/2012
Very nice. Especially Mike reminding Steve that he does have family - in his friends and coworkers. Thanks and Merry Christmas!
princessesmeralda chapter 2 . 12/24/2012
nice story!
mcatB chapter 1 . 12/23/2012
Oh, meixel, you've done it again... sucked me right in, sitting on the edge of my seat! Looking forward to chapter 2!
Mounty Swiss chapter 1 . 12/23/2012
Wow, I'm glad that at least the kids are free!
Hope everything will turn out well for their mother too.