Reviews for Harry Potter and the Witch Queen
Sailor Pandabear chapter 13 . 10/14
keitaropurple69 chapter 13 . 10/7
I love this story and it is very original, but i was wondering if you were going to write anymore to this story or not?
Wyrade chapter 13 . 9/2
Thank you for writing this fic and sharing it with us, I enjoyed it very much, and hope you will continue it someday soon. :)
Have fun and have a good day!
Wyrade chapter 12 . 9/2
They were quite stupid,They were quite stupid, allowing Dumbledore to send them out to danger.
Just to mention a few other much more reasonable options: they could have sent all the Hogwarts house elves to search for dangers, as they can teleport in the castle, and everyone else is in a very defensible position with all the teachers; they could have sent out some teachers, while the remaining ones would have defended the great hall. There are many other options, but these two are the kind that even any first year could have come up with.
They should also suspect Dumbledore much more right now, after he idiotically sent the students out into danger.

Hermione is unreasonable (idiot?) again, imagining they get punishment for this, or even the thought of accepting such punishment.
They (she) managed to right the teachers' wrong, The teachers were the ones who lost a student (Harry) in the first place, and it would be the hight of hypocrisy to punish Hermione for it. Not that it would be out of character for them, but I certainly wouldn't accept punishment for that, but even if I was forced into a punishment, I CERTAINLY wouldn't EXPECT to be "rightly" punished. How is this supposed to be a clever Hermione?

Otherwise I like your Hermione, and like this fic, so thank you for it, these two things just grated on me very much. I like to see an intelligent Hermione, and yours is very much that, except for those two situations. So do go on. :)
LBII chapter 13 . 8/18
Very good story! My only criticism is that it is very slow paced. Thank you for sharing your time, talents and imagination with us readers.
apeljohn chapter 13 . 7/23
Just found this excellent fic - very enjoyable and well-written. I hope it continues at some point, not least because I *really* want to find out the rest of what happened before they got Harry back to the Grangers.

You asked about phoenix headcanon; prepare for a data dump. I always had them pegged as essentially reverse dementors: rather than draining the happiness out of people, they burn out the Darkness. This is probably healthy in the long run - you could imagine it being part of a psychiatric treatment program. But if someone is at all Dark (either in the sense of using a lot of Dark spells, or being evil and twisted, or simply being very closed-in) then it is bloody painful.

In terms of where they came from... I've always split magical creatures into "evolved/modified" species and "incarnated" species. The evolved/modified category consists of everything that started out as a mundane creature or human and then was magically messed with; it includes wizards, centaurs, goblins and merfolk, as well as dragons, basilisks, kneazles, hippogriffs and trolls. Most significantly, they tend to have near-human responses to things like danger, and they breed like normal animals.

Incarnated species, on the other hand, are things like house elves. House elves, as far as I can tell, aren't really as human-like as they appear; they are genius loci (spirits of a place) that have attained sentience due to high ambient magic levels and have taken a humanoid form for convenience. This is why they have no concept of "lazy": they are basically magical AIs. It is also why they can be horribly OP without usually having much impact on the plot - they are obsessively focused on maintenance of a household, and anything else doesn't generally register with them. Their response to a Death Eater firing a blasting curse at their house would be to repair the wall not kill the Death Eater.

Similarly, salamanders aren't lizards; they are incarnations of fire that habitually adopt a reptilian form. Dementors and phoenixes are in the same category, as incarnations of misery/depression and light/fire respectively.

On Fawkes in particular, I imagine he bonded with Dumbledore when he was spitting mad at Grindelwald. No ifs, no buts, no more politics and covert deals; Albus was going to unleash a wave of cleansing fire across Europe. Think hard enough along those lines and you risk summoning a phoenix to carry you on your way. (Phoenixes are Light creatures; that does not mean they are *nice*.)
Well in spite of the tone in my first two messages, I am quit enjoying the story. I hope you find the time to update soon.
It also fails in the case of Toad Lady using Blood Quills on Harry and when Voldie took over the school and used the cruciatus curse on students. Because students were harmed while Fumbles was there in Fifth year, there could NOT have been such a gras in the school's protective enchantments.
"...Any plot to kill is foiled..." Nope. If that's true, explain Myrtle's death, for that clearly was a plot to kill that worked! And if fatal accidents are allowed, then the protective geas is a failure.
Zecht chapter 4 . 7/19
concept is very interesting, but you deviate from actually important things too much. You need to focus more on dialogs and less on "He/She thinks and observe". For example H/HR interaction in the end of chapter 4 is more interesting that all other parts of chapter
Mythlor chapter 13 . 7/18
I was hooked by the second chapter and even though I knew you haven't updated this story in 2 years I still kept reading because of how good it was. Like many others I hope you decide to update this story however scarce they may come. Great read.
Duellist chapter 13 . 7/16
Very, very interesting. If you ever get back to it, I would love to read more.
plsfinishthisfic chapter 13 . 5/19
please finish this ffanfic
miloradowicz chapter 3 . 4/5
Quite good portrayal of major characters so far, and special thanks for adequate Dumbledore and Snape. Though forgive me saying it, the little Hermione looks a bit like a plot device to me, rather than a person.
meja9201 chapter 13 . 1/19
Regarding Fawkes I think I like a description I read in Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality (i think it was that story), where phoenixes looked for people who were going to right some great wrong in the world and helped that person with that task thereby forming a bond. So i think in this scenario, phoenixes aren't necessarily super smart and tend to see everything as light or dark with no ambiguity. I'm certainly looking forward to reading what you have in store for Fawkes.

This version of Hermione is absolutely brilliant. You've come up with a unique take on the how and why of her genius. Her character is likable, funny, brilliant, and heartbreaking all at the same time.

Seems like I read that you're pursuing some other works at this time, as I see it's been over a year since you've updated. Hoping you're able to continue this some day. It's certainly worth it.

Thanks so very much for your hard work and for sharing this!