Reviews for Atarinya
RavenLady chapter 1 . 4/29/2005
No one can do chilling psychological Silmfics like you. The Silmaril scene was marvellous, and, as other people have said, the dead bird, and Losgar at the end. This Feanor is absolutely fascinating, and the madness is far from gratuitous. I read Ivresse first (yes, I know it comes after), and I can see how it ties in with this, as far as Feanor's (lack of) relationships with his sons.
Staggering Wood-Elf chapter 1 . 8/12/2002
Oh, wow! Your Fëanor is seriously scary, he gave me the shivers anyway. It's no wonder his sons turned out the way they did with a father like that. Poor Amras! Great story, this is going on my faves.
erunyauve chapter 1 . 7/30/2002
Your Fëanor is brilliant, and the interaction between him and his son is heartbreaking - he is a better father to the Silmarilli.
Ithilwen of Himring chapter 1 . 7/30/2002
The moment when Feanor finds he cannot remember which son he's dealing with (and not simply which twin - he confuses the boy with a sibling nearly 100 years older!) is chilling. So is his reaction to the death of the bird. This is a wonderful piece of writing!
Finch chapter 1 . 7/30/2002
Feanor's reaction to the dead bird made me shudder. Why did the Valar never see this guy needed help? I', also very sorry for the boy. His father ought to see the difference between him and his twin, but I get the impression he isn't even able to try. A haunting story.