Reviews for Jeux de Miroirs
RavenLady chapter 1 . 5/1/2005
This version of Celebrimbor is scary, fascinating and plausible. I love the bit about the Star of Feanor, and the mirrors made me shiver. Poor Celebrimbor.
Kazaera chapter 1 . 10/27/2002
I love this. I think you've captured Celebrimbor very well, and, in a way, the tragedy of the character. Because he would have been as proud as his family, and with him as with them that pride led to his doom... although he, for one, didn't deserve it. The slight touch of insanity is also very fitting...

One minor point of critique - I have trouble understanding why you characterized Elrond the way you did (as a person who has trouble with dealing with Celebrimbor's descent from Fëanor) since he was fostered by Maglor and should be able to understand the Fëanorians better than anyone else. Of course, that's just me...

By the way, what appeals to me most about this fic are the black eyes. Somehow the Fëanorians all having black eyes just... fits. The thing with the mirrors is cool too!
Ithilwen of Himring chapter 1 . 7/30/2002
Poor Celebrimbor! Proud of his ancestry, despite everything his father and uncles did, he's determined to redeem the name of the House of Feanor - and his attempt to do so, of course, is going to lead to the same ruin and horror and harm to innocents in the Second and Third Ages that the Feanorians' foolish Oath did in the First Age. The Music may be beautiful, but it's not just, that's for certain.
Soledad chapter 1 . 7/30/2002
I like your take on Celebrimbor. Poor guy, what a life, no matter that he turned out having serious problems. On the one hand, he *has* to reject the deeds of his ancestors, being a decent person. On the other hand, family bonds are known to ber very strong among the Noldor, so - no easy solution here.

The most creepy thing for me was when he went to see his work but saw nothing, because there was no moonlight. Am I imagining things or became this ''nothing'' a defining part of his life?