Reviews for Whistle
221BluePoliceBox chapter 1 . 7/2/2013
aww I enjoyed that. I love Sirius I think you get the kind of atmosphere that surrounds Sirius I really loved it! Excellent i'm away to read the next one in this series.
Couture Girl chapter 1 . 2/23/2013
I'm crying, Erin! This has so much sad emotions and it's so powerful. You're such a talented writer. /They whistle/ was just so perfect, it didn't annoy me, I thought it fit this piece wonderfully. As for the way you write Sirius, it is just squeezing my heart into pain for him. You know I'm a lover of this kind of writing and you do it so great. Wonderful work!

Much love!

C.G.
Cookies-and-Ink chapter 1 . 2/14/2013
I absolutely adore the repetiton of the wind, the way you made it plural into 'they' which made it so much more ambiguous - was it the wind or the trees around him or could it be death eaters, or his memories? Really clever and incredibly atmospheric.

I like how you toned back Sirius' emotions in a way, exactly how he describes what it's like being Padfoot, it's like he's feeling things but it's not overwhelming and similarly, you described everything so vividly both scenery and emotion that I didn't get caught up in the angst but was just living the moment.

I've thought about the guilt he must have felt but never really imagined what Sirius seeing the graves of James and Lily would have been like, you wrote this beautifully and dealt with the tragedy, with his broken mind so skilfully I'm very inspired.

Short and poignant. *sigh* I love Sirius and tragedy put together because they just work so well. This is by far the best drabble I've ever read, like I say, inspiring. Thank you very much for the pleasure,

Abby x
Sara Darkotter chapter 1 . 2/8/2013
I like... I like very much, though it hurts.
It's sad and simple and the words are clear-cut, and poetic.
Tucking this one close to my chest.
Ralinde chapter 2 . 1/11/2013
This does indeed remind me also of 'Through The Gates' and though I personally would have preferred it if you picked a different scene to write about (because this is the thired time I'm reading (parts of) this scene and there are so much more interesting moments to write about), you've done a good job on the emotion.
DobbyLovesSocks chapter 2 . 1/8/2013
Amazing job on this! I really like how it turned out. Wonderful job! :)
Loves to read books chapter 2 . 1/7/2013
Such a lovely story. made me cry.
Fire The Canon chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
Oooh, very dark and mysterious and very well written. I love that you chose to write Sirius in his Animagus form. Believe it or not, that is something I never actually thought of before... silly me.

This was lovely. It was sad, but very in character for Sirius and very beautiful too. I didn't see any spelling or grammar mistakes and you are a wonderful writer. This was brilliant. Well done!
Ralinde chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
It does indeed look familiar to me. ;-) I think the repetition of 'they whistle' was really strong and gave a kind of pressing atmosphere, I could imagine him thinking the whistling of wind were Dementors.
FandaticForeverAndAlways chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
I love this! It was sort of detached but yet not. I liked how you used "They whistle" repeatedly making it effective. :) Good job. :)
whirlwinds of watercolours chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
The repeating of the mantra 'they whistle' here is really effective. I can imagine Sirius comparing winter to Azkaban after recently escaping. Chilling piece; excellent job!
silver-nightstorm chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
I, for one, sort of took the whistling to be the people around him... like if you see a dog you do the whole "come here, buddy" sort of deal and a little whistle as well, I suppose? Like that... lol. I liked it though, it's very different from the other lighthearted fics so far, but it fits Sirius very well and does a good job of showing his character too.
thegoodgirldoll chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
Wow, this was incredibly wrought with emotion and so very cutting to the core. Sirius's character is tough, and strong, yet he was so broken from Azkaban, and though it isn't hard to see that, not many people write him that way. I really loved this because you did write him that way, and you did him more than justice. Absolutely wonderful, amazing job.
God Bless,
Sarah
AlwaysPadfoot chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
I love Sirius, but he's had some awful times as a character hasn't he?

It's a painstaking read really, excellently done too. I feel like I can feel everything Sirius does, go on his journey with him and see what he does at the same time.

Truly brilliant writing :)
slightlysmall chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
I love this. The bleeding paws, the thoughts, the walk to the graveyard... it's all done beautifully. I love the paragraph about the rocks surrounding Azkaban, and how winter reminds him of that place. Great work!