Reviews for TCOT Pretty Stones
it's all made sense in the last chapter. what a story, it was hard to put down. thank you.
this had really turned into a soap opera. never had a clue as to where it would end up.
didn't expect this.
Skysea chapter 35 . 1/5
It was a wonderful story!
StartWriting chapter 35 . 6/25/2014
I just read this story again tonight, because, well, for a lot of reasons, and I have to say again what an outstanding story this is, and how very much I like it and appreciate all the time you spent on this, together with Michelle, who is no longer with us. But I'm sure, she peeks around the clouds every now and then to see how you're doing. Very, very well done
Melchy chapter 35 . 1/7/2014
Thanks for sharing your novel! No, really it was the perfect length for what the story had to tell us and I enjoyed every minute of it.
I was glad to see how it all turned out. I sincerly hope that Della's mother and father DO NOT end up together. While I could see a real person buried in her father's persona, her mother would only bring him heartbreak. I hope he finds a woman he can love and will love him. I was also delighted to see that Henny will be happy. Carter is a pompous ass but with time I think Henny can bring out his redeeming qualities which you've convinced me are buried in there somewhere.
I understand Della's wanting to get away forever but I still wish she would have tried to get to know her father and brother better. I think they all just need to sit down and learn about each other, because you've shown that they could be a family if they tried.
Loved the ending! The lake house sounds heavenly. And I'm glad they still got to go for a few days. Perry is perfect the way you write him and more of the way I've seen him from the books. Not that tv Perry is shabby. I able to picture Della as being younger better, thanks to you and a bit more pretty than tv Della. She is much more like the books.
And Della is right Perry, it's crick. You'll get used to it.
Melchy chapter 13 . 1/6/2014
Great chapter. The town reminds me very much of my two hometowns. I miss Rexall Drugs.
We lived near Kingsport, TN for a while near the Eastman Kodak Plant. I will never forget the horrible stench and the sludge pots. I can certainly identify with Perry on this one.
Melchy chapter 11 . 1/3/2014
Wow! What a tale. I'm enjoying it immensley. Can't wait to get back to this one. You know your characters well, something I admire. Even the ones I make up, I have background stories on and I can tell you do the same. This is fun.
Barb Lambert chapter 35 . 6/5/2013
Perry and Della are my favorite characters from when I was growing up! You did a great job of writing a story and telling me what I needed to know about these two characters Thank you so much and please know I very much enjoyed your story! Are there more to come?
GratefullyDead chapter 35 . 5/16/2013
Wow! No, really. Wow!
I read the summary and I thought I might not like this story. I thought it might be a kind of re-hash of some other stories. Was I ever wrong. There are so many things right with this story I don't know where to begin. The characterisations are excellent. The dialogue snappy and conversational. The plot and twists were so well constructed. The romance between Perry and Della was perfection. I don't think there was a chapter I didn't like. In short, a wildly fabulous little tale!
Two thumbs up!
Laura chapter 35 . 1/26/2013
Oh, f*** me. I read this again and Im sorry if I was a little harsh yesterday. I didn't mean to be. I should've read it as 1 piece and not step by step. Still don't agree w/ the amount of drama but you sure made it flow. Thanx for that, srlsy. And rock the boat writing D/P with your friend. You may just lure me over to "your side" eventually.
Laura chapter 35 . 1/25/2013
Sorry to interrupt the flatter fest but this story jumped the shark on so many levels. I know, it's fan fic but all the uber-drama and pathos really doesn't fly with me at all. Awesome, your writing bud gives you clappy hands, I'm delirious, but what's any of this got to do with PM?

What I love is your timeline and the fact that, Gods yes, you didn't give 'em a kid. Moreover, this doesn't include some warped OAP sex. Thanx for that! But why give D such a sad background? And why make her so bratty?!
As an author this is your choice, granted, but your story reads like a prime time soap piece of the likes of Scandal, Revenge or any of those other current hits. I guess I'm just slow at adapting to the overload of "epic" (fangirl lingo anyone?) tales on this platform these days. Sorry, I don't mean to be rude. I'm still wild about reading your other stories (no tongue in cheek)!
gsr123 chapter 35 . 1/13/2013
finished this last night. enjoyed every single minute of it. wasw glad you didn't stop when they left della's family. loved the carryover to the vacation house. looking forward to your next one although i haven't liked any of the stories currently revolving around the years of separation, viewing that as a very sad time that shouldn't have happened. hope your's isn't in the same vein.
Guest chapter 33 . 1/13/2013
Their "fight" over who should be driving, etc was VERY funny. Then fighting over the box, just open it and get it over with. Hindsight is twenty/twenty. Looking back at what happened, at least Perry understand alot about her family now. Now their getting down to words, "splitting the ultimate hair". Get these two to the lake.
Michelle Weiner chapter 35 . 1/12/2013
Oh Diane, ...I am completely destroyed and reading this the second time was just as emotional.
This has been a brilliantly written, breathtaking, emotionally packed, amazing story filled with pathos, angst, romance, love and humor. Each emotion was written exactly where it was needed and we all felt drawn in every moment as if it was really taking place and actually happened. I know how much work and time it took to write this wonderful journey and we are so glad we could go along for the ride.

You have a rare gift as a writer (and an editor) and I hope you now realize how truly special your talents are.

It was indeed my pleasure to be your cheerleader and it is an even greater pleasure to be your friend. I cannot wait for your next story and I cannot wait for us to write the sequel to Free Form.