Reviews for TCOT Pretty Stones
Michelle Weiner chapter 34 . 1/12/2013
I had my own Mr. Kitty in the form of a soft pink doll that I still have so I can understand Della's feeling for her little stuffed friend. It's nice to know she has it back.

And those last paragraphs when she finally tells him that she's let go of the past and likes herself and how she feels about Perry...All I can say in sigh and double sigh and yes I needed tissues...but it was worth reading it again.
Michelle Weiner chapter 33 . 1/12/2013
Yay, they're almost at the lake. I absolutely loved this chapter and the bantering between them.

Once again you have given us a wonderful glimpse into our favoriet couple. :)
tengland2 chapter 35 . 1/13/2013
It may be "just a jar" to Della, but its somethng Perry will aways treasure since he know what it meant to her as a child. Time to give up the cardboard boxes for awhile, unless packed with that grocery list of theirs. Like Perry's answer, he gets "a happy woman". Liked the fantasy of naming girls, what ifs (for me) if they were to get married/have children.. Loved the stone, polished and had Daniel's name on it. That is so sweet. Sorry to see this one end. But they are happy togethr.
tengland2 chapter 34 . 1/13/2013
Harvey's been engaged/married enough times, can't blame him for pre-nups, plus the house is a great escape for several people. Since D/P seem to spend quality time, nice to let her decorate the master bedroom. Love the idea of spending time soaking. Mr. Kitty, someone to talk to and not talk back. Grandmother sounds like a version of a wicked step mother, making a sick nine year old clean up after herself from being sick. Perry sat patiently listening saying or not saying anything. Loved this chapter.
tengland2 chapter 33 . 1/13/2013
Fighting over each others driving abilities, then the box. Should have just opened it right from the start and saved the breath. Glad Perry has figured out why she never talked about her family and certainly the differences between his and hers. A good argument/fight between these two certainly clearing some air. Love the fact Della was still "splitting the ultimate hair", right to the end.
OED fan chapter 32 . 1/10/2013
A truly wonderful story - I was sorry to reach the last chapter. I really enjoyed reading their inner thoughts and struggles with their relationship. You bring out every emotion from excruciating deep sorrow to high off the charts giddy in love with with each other. Thanks for this glimpse of fun Perry and Della.

You have written about their early years and now this gem; I hope you will write about the all-important two-year mark in their lives and what finally proved irresistible for them both.
jrfanfrommo chapter 31 . 1/10/2013
I am still confused can Della have kids & is just scared vb to or was she "fixed" when she was younger? I hate she won't marry Perry :(
JRB chapter 35 . 1/12/2013
I don't actually think I have words to describe how wonderful I feel about this story. The talent you possess is something rare and beautiful and I hope you cherish it and embrace it fully. I'm as green with envy as at least one of Della's pretty stones. You have the ability to paint the picture that transports me INTO the story as though I'm an observer walking through the Street house or riding in the backseat of that brand new Impala (I did jump out of said backseat when needed. ;) ).

I, as am everyone who has read or will read it, are grateful that Michelle cheered you on and encouraged you.

A part of me suspected that the stone from the "vangcant" lot would reappear, but the way you did it completely undid me and turned me into an utter emotional mess. I LOVE it. For a writer to evoke the emotions of the reader the way you have in this and all your stories astounds me.

Thank you for making me laugh, making me angry, making me sad and entertaining me thoroughly. I await impatiently for your next masterpiece.

SAW
kaleen1212 chapter 35 . 1/12/2013
I cannot begin to tell you how much I enjoyed this story. Thank you so much for posting or for it was one of the most enjoyable stories I have read on fan fiction!
Michelle Weiner chapter 29 . 1/10/2013
I loved all the emotion in this chapter. It made me cry and laugh at the same time. How tender Perry was with Della, the bittersweet conversation between Della and June and Bitty and Sarah thanking her for those "Pretty Stones"

The conversation between Della and Carter was priceless and now Henny has a new friend and a new sister...even though Della and Perry will NEVER go back.

Wonderfully done as always :)
tengland2 chapter 32 . 1/11/2013
Love how the name Del came about. At least June knew how important Della was to Danny. They certainly are having a good time on their cross country adventure. Seem to be enjoying every minute of it.
tengland2 chapter 31 . 1/11/2013
Liked the tour of her grandmother's room, memories and all. Loved the answer to Perry's more time question. Very considerate of Della to send Byron on his way, since he made money while waiting for them, had a chance to make more and see his girl as well. I'd pick the blue car too. Liked Jeff's remark about Della being special. Perry agreeing and would see she's taken care of. Vacation here they come.
jrfanfrommo chapter 30 . 1/8/2013
I wish Della would get over her marriage phobia...I think she's wrong about Perry being a bad husband! Can't wait for more...glad they are leaving!
Captain Weirdo chapter 24 . 1/10/2013
Love how he finally figured out what to ask!

cw
Captain Weirdo chapter 23 . 1/10/2013
cue ominous music

More twists and turns! (I really despise Miranda. haha!)

cw