Reviews for Making the Yultide Intersting
jovysanchez17 chapter 3 . 9/18/2015
This story is so adorable! :D I love it! :3 3
munchzilla chapter 3 . 5/20/2013
quite a nice fic here, i love the idea of young McGuffin and Merida.
Distant Star Forever chapter 3 . 4/5/2013
To squee or not to squee? SQEEEEEEEEEEEE!
HAFanForever chapter 3 . 1/1/2013
I wonder if Merida's fretting more in flattery or nervousness about Young MacGuffin's love for her and desire to kiss her. And the whole MacGuffin clan is pleased over this engagement, but Young MacGuffin most of all, especially to win the heart and hand of the girl he loves.

It sounds like Evander really knows what he's saying about Lainie and their older brother, so I think Merida has to trust his words.

I think with the wedding options, both Merida and Young MacGuffin would go for the kissing, but they say candle lighting instead to avoid the awkwardness they are both feeling right and making it even more obvious. And, oh man, Lainie mentioning baby making would only make the couple more uncomfortable, and it'll bring silence to all of the adults and curiosity of the younger kids when one of them asks about where babies come from.

And then Lainie stills put her plan in motion by putting mistletoe over Merida and her brother, but also Fergus and Elinor and two of the kids. Knowing they have to go through with it, I think Merida kisses him on the cheek so he won't be embarrassed, but he finally gets up his courage and kisses Merida like he had wanted to, and luckily Merida gives in enough to kiss him back. Mission accomplished.

Good story, and happy new year. :)
HAFanForever chapter 2 . 12/29/2012
Interesting idea of Young MacGuffin having had a crush on Merida when they first met as kids. Of course, he's probably the only one of the three to still really like her now, even though Wee Dingwall grew to like her at the end of the film. Anyway, I bet Merida is really embarrassed to learn this about him and how he feels about her, and especially since he really wants to kiss her. And since he really does like her, he agreed to participate in the competition in the Games in hoping that he would actually win her hand and marry her. So while he already has made his decision a long time ago, it took Merida a longer amount of time to decide.

So what will happen now that Merida has learned the truth on how Young MacGuffin feels about her...?
HAFanForever chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
Interesting names for these characters, including those in Young MacGuffin's family. From your descriptions here, it sounds like Merida can get along with her betrothed over the fact that they both have big families.

Sounds like his sister is eager to really put these two together, especially to make them kiss. ;)
mistress akasha chapter 1 . 12/24/2012
This is a personal favorite ship. I was very excited when I found this story; I squeaked (something I do often) and bounced (another often occurrence). Good luck! I can't wait for more :)