Reviews for Shelter
notquite.somethingelse chapter 1 . 3/8/2014
Oh god, there are tears in my eyes ;_; tragically beautiful
Okami Rayne chapter 1 . 6/13/2013
Tai, Sweetheart!

Wow. What an intense piece! I read this at 4AM this morning! A healthy fix for the insomnia.

Where to start? Your lemons made lemonade of the fizzy, fierce and FIERY variety, my dear! Yum. You can feel that blistering heat between them. A blistering heat offset by the chilling atmosphere beyond their 'shelter'. You've tackled some dark themes here. I could feel the mood settling over me and could taste the atmosphere; you painted this violent aftermath so vividly, amplified by the characters reactions to each other and to the children and victims. There were some heart-wrenching moments, especially with the child (Akai-kun). The struggle going on there, both within Shikamaru and Neji is tragic. Their intense and passionate encounters fit the desperation of the mission you've created to backdrop this story. I loved the metaphor of the shelter. In a situation like this, where they're so far away from security, safety and comfort, to speak of home and shelter when they're together illustrates the solidarity of the relationship they've forged. Feelings are heightened, emotions are raw. Beautifully done.

Tai...wow...You had some wonderful moments with Sakura and Ino. For some reason the scene with Ino braiding Sakura's hair...that really stuck with me. Such a simple gesture, yet it communicates a lot...comfort, consolation, connection...support...all of it compounded by Sakura's desire to retire from the violence of ninja life, whilst Ino considers ANBU and being a sensei. Awesome. I love how you've brought strength to Ino and allowed her to shine whilst still retaining a hint of damage. Little wonder, given what she's had to deal with!

Neji's conflict over being a killer was painful, but very believable. In the height of battle, with that adrenalin firing off...easy to get addicted to that rush. You portrayed that struggle very well - contrasting it with Neji's tendency to pray afterwards. Beautiful juxtaposition there. A mix of hell and holy.

A wonderful, wonderful piece, Tai. Looking forward to catching up with your other fics, Sweetheart! May the plot bunnies run rampant in your mind! _
mysticaldragon11 chapter 1 . 4/12/2013
I love this. It is angsty and yet they use each others strength to keep going. It broke my heart when Neji had to leave the little boy but he was right to do so. Such a great Story!
miriamchan chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
This had a gritty feel that I could appreciate, even though it made me sad (especially having just been watching Game of Thrones lately, I can picture the harshness of the situation). As the new canon, you're writing fanfiction, so I don't believe there's a need to abide by it.
MythBlue chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
Aw, that was really nice. Yeah, I feel ya, authors shouldn't be discouraged to write Neji-centric fics just because of the recent event in the manga. There is always his past to explore and AUs.
HellzAngels chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
This story is beautiful.
I love the feel it has, and how you show the slightly darker side of naruto and war, and his the future may not be all happy go lucky

The way you describe the relationship between the pair is beautiful and really pulls at the heart strings. It's so much more realistic as well compared to other story's out there.

Utterly amazing and one of my fave fanfictions
Ahiru28886 chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
Like it? I loved it! It was great but I think they should've took the kid
naru'sgirl13 chapter 1 . 12/28/2012
this story touched my heart.
Ryuudan chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
Merry Christmas to you too!
I love the fic. Just great! So sad, beautiful and intense. I love this kind of writing.
And, well, I have been a little bit lost lately and have no time for reviewing your other stories, but Im looking forward for the last chapter of "When shadows surround you" . Take all the time you need until you feel that is the perfect closure chapter XDDD
And I dont think your grammar is bad. Quite the opposite. English is neither my first lenguage but I love to read it and I find that your stories at english are very rich in words and grammar, so dont worry
Have a nice Christmas and New Year!