|Reviews for Between the End and the Beginning|
| AnimeHails chapter 16 . 6/2
*breathing intensifies* I almost cried. I laughed though. The dog did not look amused. Kasumi and Rin (being the adorable, reckless dork he is to take after Shiro) this chapter is just, amazing. This one is so well done, and you know your writing skill is amazing!
Anyway, is it okay if I beg like a sad, orphaned puppy here for a moment? No? Too bad, I'm going to do it anyway. Could I read a chapter where Rin gets to meet Kasumi in the present, or an AU chapter where Kasumi acted as a mother to Rin and Yukio where as Shiro was the dad? Either one of them will do! You don't have to, but I could die happy if I read them.
| ThisIsChibi chapter 15 . 6/17/2015
*Goes to a corner and cries* I read this with tears in my eyes.
| bunyipbabe chapter 17 . 5/13/2015
AMAZING! I love translation-quirks and biblical study and gaaaah you're hitting every one of my scholarly-kinks. (are those a thing? They should be a thing.)
| bunyipbabe chapter 8 . 5/12/2015
Oh man I am such a Norse Mythology geek and this chapter made my entire year! Only thing missing from the discussion of Loki's weirder kids are the trolls he gave birth to after eating a heart. Because... that's totally how anatomy works... :P 3 Lovely, as ever~
| Mad Principal chapter 24 . 5/8/2015
Everybody know that when studying breaks are necessary, aren't they? And this is going to be a why-bother-on-leaving-a-review-in-each-chapter-if-I-can-put-everything-in-a-single-one?
1. Shiro and Mephisto cosplaying were awesome! Especially the kiss *_*
2. But I think I have liked more the misunderstanding of Kasumi. Poor Shiro hehe
3. I can see perfectly Mephisto influencing the design of St. Basil's Cathedral. And I'd love even more to see the design he made, I mean, with his drawing skills and that. But it's one of my favourite buildingd so I'm happy that he improved it.
4. The scene of the bathroom (and probably some more that I can't remember right now). I think that until Mephisto gets Shiro in his bed there is going to be A LOT of teasing, am I right? One one hand I like it (I like it when Mephisto doesn't gets whoever he wants at the first time) but on the other I'm also like "YOU TWO. GO TO BED. NOW!"
5. And the thing of the stockings wore by men! After that chapter I had to make a quick and brief reserach to find more! The fujoshi part of me would have enojyed to live in that time~ And now everytime I see an old painting I go searching the men to see how they are dressed (and I have discovered that some of them have pretty nice ligs, xD). This is your fault, btw.
6. That AU with demon!Shiro was pretty interesting (and confusing, especially at the beguinning, I didn't have a clue about what was going on!). Mephisto was really cute like that and the end... *_*
7. You're pretty cruel with so much foreshadowing, hum! The mementos, the future characters (and I'm looking forward to see the story of Mephisto fucking his granddaughter. It suits him. He's not the type of person that would restrain himself because of family). So...*winks* can I bribe you in someway? *double winks*
8. And now everytime I see a painting of Jesus with his Apostles I imagine A LOT of things between them, because of the double meaning of 'feet'. And I have to study for an Art History exam so you can guess that I see a bunch of those kind of paintings... (also I imagine what the priest of the catholic school where I studied would have said if I had asked the same question as Shiro, hehehe)
9. This is for Mephisto: Mephhy, you're going to lose that bet and Dimwit is going to publish those deleted scenes~
10. The thing of the dentist was gold. Which reminds me that I haven't gone to the dentist in almost two years and a half and I still have a remaining thing of the orthodontics in my mouth, oops. When I go, I'm going to remember you if she starts shouting at me or anything like that, xD.
11. You are a tricky person! That poem that turned out to be about oral cavities...
12. Finally, (it's related to the main fic, but bah). I may inform you that whenever I think of Leonardo da Vinci I imagine him having fun with Mepehisto. And the next unit I have to study in my Art History book is the Cinquecento... so yeah, I'm going to have a bit trouble concentrating, xD. This is also your fault.
| darkmickyangel chapter 24 . 5/1/2015
Do you know how angry I was when you posted this? It was so good all the cultural refrences with the grave yard, and the hunor with the itching powder and his cousin. I was so exited you had finaly updated.
Then you ended it with the FRESH PRINCE OF BELLAIRE.
It was the best joke of the year by far.
| Biabara chapter 1 . 3/27/2015
Do you happen to watch Supernatural? 'Mud-monkey' is an often used insult for humans in this show.. although instead of demons, angels say it x)
| Fireminer chapter 23 . 2/25/2015
Heaven and Hell is quite similar in the face of pleasure, isn't it?
... Fujimoto and hot springs...
A side question: How the heck does the Church imported firearms (or locally produced) into Japan and other countries with "no gun-law"? This is not America (or even Brazil, where your choice is limited to .380 ACP at best).
Smuggling, isn't it?
Oh, and since this is the 70s, maybe you should get Shiro a revolver.
| Yoko-Zuki10 chapter 23 . 2/16/2015
oh if I walk around in its own file because there are some fics that were written off but continue there. I am amazed that the brothers will have two main fic (I really, really happy but I feel a little concern that their circuits exploit so much mental activity). and prepare readers vien SuperiorDimwit world to proclaim himself emperor of Assiah ! Those two balls of unhappiness weeping bitterly in a corner are Lucy and Mephisto?
Shiro is a real father, I sacrifice everything for children. Mephisto finally get to put in your bed at Paladin Pervert? Shiro will give you a masterful lesson fonta and Mephisto end locked in a balloon as Shinra Durarara x2? Readers will be divided by any of them. Just imagine with these minuscule outfits and latex antifases, the whips ... Shiro how lucky you are, at that time had not yet 50 Shades of Grey to Mephisto use it against you. Thanks for update and do not forget to take your vitamins Dimwit that they will do so much work to do.
| luzmela1 chapter 23 . 2/15/2015
Really I dont know about the Lupercalia festival and I have searched about it in internet before posting. Yes, I can see Mephisto participating in this festival.
I know that this has no relation with the release in theatres of one movie about a bestseller about a Cinderella and a prince mixed with sadomasochism but as I have been reading a lot of reviews about this movie since its premiere in Berlin with the global conclusion that it is boring and very bad, (bad is a euphemism to express what the critics say) I have convinced my husband that in place of watching this commercial movie, we can pass all the afternoon playing Assassin Creed. Yes, it is a strange plan for Valentine but we are a strange couple too.
The scene of the beginning with Shiro remembering the twins building not an ordinary snow man but a Weedle (ok, I confess I have no idea what a Weedle is) .Yukio leading the construction of the Weedle and Rin following his instructions with a smile.
It is so tender how Shiro is a lovely father with the twins. Calling them mochis (third time I should look in internet what mochis are) Yes, they are like rice grains, sweet rice grains [Yukio because he needed to be wrapped tightly in a baby blanket to feel safe and calm down enough to sleep (plus it looked very sweet when he was) and Rin because he stuck to his brother like glue (and of course, he was very sweet too] I am imagining the scene with the two slept babies together and I put a silly face while saying “oh, how sweet” It is no strange that Shiro has become a proud father with these two cutes kids.
Two kids that love so much their father. And energetic Rin and a gentle Yukio. The way they greet his father when he collects them at school shows their personalities.
And then the trip. A trip that can make Rin loves school but an expensive trip that one religious monastery can afford. And Yukio always sacrificing for his brother and the reaction of Rin about renouncing this wonderful trip because he doesnt want to be separated of Yukio.
And then, Shiro knows that there is an exit, a non desirable exit but one fast.
Oh, Mephisto, how could you be so mean? “Madam, I am a demon” “But you call yourself a knight” “ And I am, but a strategist cant lose any opportunity” “Ok, ok, prince of chaos, I agree”
After this exercise of praise I can say that Mephisto is really hateful in these lines [“any particular board games you intend to play with the twins during their home stay? (…) I just might join in”] I am waiting that he adds: “ the twins are going to cry with you tell them that they cant go to the trip” What a genius he is when he is manipulating people!
This profetical sentence has made me feel shivers: [“That kid will be death of me”] Oh, Shiro.
Please, I need that you draw Mephisto with latex lingerie and a whip. (I have a cinema mind today and I am guessing that Mephisto will be love to be the protagonist of “ Horror Picture Show”)
But you are perverted, Dimwit. You write and then you told that that this is only the beginning and that if we want to know what happens next, we need to wait and see for a continuation in a side that allows MA. Tempting, hmm and I cant resist temptations.
Beside what wonderful news, Memoriae in progress, and the announce of “After the End, before the Beginning” Really you made my valentine. So much better that chocolate and you know how much I love Schokolade.
I wish that you will celebrate Valentine with your girlfriend when she returns, and… WHAT! Porn and optimal toothbrushing technique demonstration?
| optimustaud chapter 23 . 2/15/2015
XDD Shiro really should have seen that one coming. Ahhh Dimwit you are killing me. LOL
| Viciousxkobain chapter 23 . 2/15/2015
This was a great surprise for valentines day 3 I can't wait to see what's in store for poor Shiro (I'll have to get on over to ao3)
| Guest ch 11 chapter 23 . 2/14/2015
The fact that you took the time to respond to me so kindly on both of your updates is sweet. I'm glad you appreciate that you inspired something (altruistically or not), you've inspired me to write more than I will likely to be willing to admit (TEOTB canon related and otherwise). As for my little continuation of the Sorrows of the Young Hohenzollern, that wouldn't have been the first or the last thing I wrote concerning TEOTB ;), perhaps one day (soon?) I will get up the nerve to post them for you to see. Will you be flattered by such dedications? As someone whose opinion I highly value, your critique or commentary would be both to be feared and revered. I hope it also shows you a little reason to keep going with your projects, just in case you ever need it, you know there are people out there you've impacted and inspired deeply.
Concerning entirely different things, as much as I look forward to each update in the main series and the spin-offs placed here, I am sure I will look forward to your latest branches of the story as well, and I wish you luck in all your endeavors regarding them. Let it be known that while I can be shy and read quietly for such a long time, I also feel the need to MAKE it known every so often that your hard work is greatly appreciated.
(If you so desire a name for me, perhaps you can call me "Zy".)
| amethystfirechik chapter 22 . 2/13/2015
Omgee! I can't stop laughing. I didn't know that drilling a tooth could be so erotic, lol. Mephisto's actions to the poem though is priceless.
| loogoo chapter 22 . 2/11/2015
Such a nice household scene. I love the part where Sir Pheles falls off the bed