Reviews for A Winter's Hymn
MishaFox113 chapter 1 . 9/7/2017
Dìyù! This is amazing! It reads like something I'd find in one of the graphic novels. Seriously, perfect. I laughed out loud at some of Mal's internal remarks. Thank you for this!
The-KLF chapter 1 . 1/6/2017
This is fantastic! The line, "... this is wrong, he's not worthy," was absolutely perfect, you hit the nail right on the head! Loved this story!
Tintti chapter 1 . 9/3/2015
Yes, more of this, Malcolm is a dream!
Mendip123 chapter 1 . 6/1/2014
As I read I had to open spotify and listen to fleet foxes. Love that song.
Apart from that, it's June and I just felt Christmassy! I loved Mal's line, "It's a fine tradition," just the sort of thing he'd say to stall a moment, while he tries to figure out what the hell's going on!
With the pairing enshrined as canon in the comics, but no explanation about how it happened, it's great to read these imaginings of how it could've played out. Their nearness was portrayed so intensely in the show, it's just so satisfying and electric when they finally bridge that gap! Thanks for sharing.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/16/2013
Oh my gosh I adored this. Especially the line about how her clients don't care how it is for her. And that is why, if they ever had sex, it would be good for her. Not (entirely, at least) because "it's Mal" but because he'd pay attention to her and make sure she got as much out of it all as him. Mal/Inara aside, I loved the descriptions of Zoe/Wash and Simon/Kaylee.
jimmiedarlene chapter 1 . 9/10/2013
This is perfect, mate. Thank you for a lovely read. I love the length. I love the words you choose, the little Firefly-esque voice you write with... the dialogue is great. I imagine perhaps River addressing Mal as "Captain," but as I read it over and over... her calling him by name fits. This fic is beautiful.
MissFeya chapter 1 . 5/20/2013
I like that you used 'White Winter Hymnal"; it fit perfectly. It is by Fleet Foxes though. Their version probably sounds a little more Christmas-y.
Aub chapter 1 . 3/30/2013
Easy and well written. Very enjoyable. It's hard to be short, sweet and believable but you nailed it. Thanks for the great read!
Twisha chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
"I am officially a perverted sex-starved fanfiction druggie." -Not just a druggie, but also a pretty heavy dealer and we love you for it!
I like most of your fics and this one is no exception. Cute plot, great smut, and I love the idea that the whole thing was River's gift to Mal. That bit was perfect. I agree that Mal would insist that their first time not be in her shuttle. That was a nice detail.
I'm off to read more of your stuff!
Jem Tiers chapter 1 . 2/24/2013
You really nailed everything. I mean, as if Mal/Inara wasn't enough! Everyone is just spot on. And your writing style seriously fit with the show. Needless to say, loved it!
4evercaskett chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
Mal/Inara sex... SHINY!

You writing such scenes... GORRAM SHINY!
maryrayne chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
Fantastic. Good vocab.
purplangel chapter 1 . 1/10/2013
I don't know how you do it, Mads, but you have a gift for insight into TV characters.

Kaylee hovering near the mistletoe for Simon made my heart do flip-flops. I ship those 2 nearly as hard as I ship Caskett, lol.

River loving the Christmas lights and burrowing/hiding in the wrapping paper was just so dang cute.

He's a stupid, reckless, doomed son of a bitch and when she stands about two inches from him that want comes mighty close to a need and his thoughts get too scrambled for him to breathe. (I can so see Mal feeling this way when it comes to Inara)

This line set my heart to jumping: They've been through too much for her to expect him to be gentle.

And this line sums up their lovemaking perfectly: while he's read a few poems in his lifetime he can't find anything to describe it.

He looks down at her and while Inara is the most beautiful creature he's ever seen – sometimes he has to convince himself she's human – he's never seen her more lovely. (When I watched the season for the first time I thought Inara was the most beautiful actress I'd ever seen)

Thank U, Thank U for this Christmas gift!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
Awesome. Nice to have some new Mal/inara stuff. Yay!
Space-Case7029 chapter 1 . 12/29/2012