Reviews for The Devil Never Sleeps
WolfShadow1 chapter 23 . 20h ago
Maybe I'm wrong, and maybe someone else has already mentioned this in another comment but I don't know.
This story has a feel like Rigoletto, the movie. Obviously many things are different, but it does have many things the same...
The-Fun-In-Funeral chapter 23 . 10/19/2013
Mwahahaha, take THAT Raoul, you wannabe! Go Erik! Go Erik! Go! Go! Go Erik! *waves pompoms in rather embarrassing fashion* WOOOOO :D
angelicdamnation chapter 23 . 6/28/2013
Awesome! I heard about this story in an author's note of "Moonlight Serenade" and decided to try it out. I absolutely loved your fic and hope you write more like it.
8pain chapter 23 . 5/16/2013
I noticed that you commented that you never planned your story out as you wrote it, but that is hard to believe because it fits all together so perfectly. All in all this was a very lovely story that had an excellent ending.
Jess 0604 chapter 23 . 5/8/2013
I am so happy with that ending I truly thought you were going to kill me by making Christine stay with Raoul.
Bergamotte chapter 23 . 3/26/2013
This was a gorgeously written tale, thank you so much for it, Pointless Nostalgic. I'm about to dive into To Those Without Pity and Desolation Dreamed of. I really hope to see more Phantom stories from you in the future.

Your loyal reader, Bergamotte
Bergamotte chapter 22 . 3/26/2013
My God . . . Raoul is so superficial, so inadequate. He hasn't a clue what Christine needs.
Bergamotte chapter 21 . 3/26/2013
Is it possible? Can Christine actually be contemplating marrying . . . the FOP? Say it isn't so, please!
Bergamotte chapter 20 . 3/26/2013
The reader is left with some doubt. Christine told Raoul, "I did not say I would marry you." She did not tell him, "I won't marry you."

Oooh, tension! The air is humming.
Bergamotte chapter 15 . 3/26/2013
Erik seems to think he can't win against the Viscount in a fair contest for Christine. He underestimates himself.
Bergamotte chapter 13 . 3/26/2013
She has learned that Erik is deadly, but she senses no threat whatsoever from him toward herself.

There's honesty between these two. He takes her hands in his without apology, she asks him for another voice lesson on the morrow. My assessment is that she knows he loves her, and she at least highly esteems him as her teacher and doesn't want to hurt him.
Bergamotte chapter 9 . 3/26/2013
I enjoyed this chapter greatly. Your version of Erik and Nadir is civilized. At least, Erik didn't try to choke the life out of his old friend. None of Christine's biscuits or muffins with the tea? :-)
Bergamotte chapter 19 . 3/26/2013
Raoul is nothing to Christine - not a relative, not a guardian, not a fiancé. And he presumes to come and take her away from Erik's home without asking her if she wants to leave. I suppose he's borrowing the Daroga's authority. In those times women were just chattel.
Bergamotte chapter 18 . 3/26/2013
Maybe Erik arranged for something awful to happen to Raoul in Persia and he realizes Christine will learn of his manipulation? Just a guess. Bad, bad Erik!
Bergamotte chapter 11 . 3/26/2013
This chapter was suspenseful, tense and on a razor's edge of awkwardness at times; but Christine managed to communicate to Erik what she wanted him to hear.