Reviews for The Devil Never Sleeps
I just finished this story and I loved it. Good job!
CharlieBoneFan chapter 23 . 9/19
Great story. I was almost in tears when Erik told Christine that Nadir and Raoul would turn he against him.
Boydje822 chapter 16 . 12/14/2014
Man... If Christine kissing him won't get Erik to admit his faults in regards to the Chagnys, I don't know what will! *Sigh* I guess I'll we'll just have to dread the moment the truth comes pouring out of whatever nook and cranny Erik decided to hide it in -.- I have the distinct feeling Christine will not be pleased
Boydje822 chapter 8 . 12/14/2014
Poor Erik and poor Christine! It's going to be a while until either one of them are able to fully trust while in each other's presence isn't it? *sigh* Hopefully time will heal all their wounds
WolfShadow1 chapter 23 . 4/16/2014
Maybe I'm wrong, and maybe someone else has already mentioned this in another comment but I don't know.
This story has a feel like Rigoletto, the movie. Obviously many things are different, but it does have many things the same...
The-Fun-In-Funeral chapter 23 . 10/19/2013
Mwahahaha, take THAT Raoul, you wannabe! Go Erik! Go Erik! Go! Go! Go Erik! *waves pompoms in rather embarrassing fashion* WOOOOO :D
angelicdamnation chapter 23 . 6/28/2013
Awesome! I heard about this story in an author's note of "Moonlight Serenade" and decided to try it out. I absolutely loved your fic and hope you write more like it.
8pain chapter 23 . 5/16/2013
I noticed that you commented that you never planned your story out as you wrote it, but that is hard to believe because it fits all together so perfectly. All in all this was a very lovely story that had an excellent ending.
Jess 0604 chapter 23 . 5/8/2013
I am so happy with that ending I truly thought you were going to kill me by making Christine stay with Raoul.
Bergamotte chapter 23 . 3/26/2013
This was a gorgeously written tale, thank you so much for it, Pointless Nostalgic. I'm about to dive into To Those Without Pity and Desolation Dreamed of. I really hope to see more Phantom stories from you in the future.

Your loyal reader, Bergamotte
Bergamotte chapter 22 . 3/26/2013
My God . . . Raoul is so superficial, so inadequate. He hasn't a clue what Christine needs.
Bergamotte chapter 21 . 3/26/2013
Is it possible? Can Christine actually be contemplating marrying . . . the FOP? Say it isn't so, please!
Bergamotte chapter 20 . 3/26/2013
The reader is left with some doubt. Christine told Raoul, "I did not say I would marry you." She did not tell him, "I won't marry you."

Oooh, tension! The air is humming.
Bergamotte chapter 15 . 3/26/2013
Erik seems to think he can't win against the Viscount in a fair contest for Christine. He underestimates himself.
Bergamotte chapter 13 . 3/26/2013
She has learned that Erik is deadly, but she senses no threat whatsoever from him toward herself.

There's honesty between these two. He takes her hands in his without apology, she asks him for another voice lesson on the morrow. My assessment is that she knows he loves her, and she at least highly esteems him as her teacher and doesn't want to hurt him.