Reviews for A Warm Reminder
Mnemah chapter 1 . 6/15/2015
Thanks to you and the rainydaykids, I am not obsessed with this pairing and no one else writes for it. JackxMay forever! ;) Nice story, I actually read it for the first time a year ago but I guess I didn't write a review. I just re-read it tonight, and I have to say it is done very well. I enjoyed the depth of the characters, it's a short story but a lot is told, and that isn't easy to do. Great job!
Fading Butterfly Wings chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
I absolutely loved this! I never pictured Jack and May as a couple so the uniqueness of the pairing was awesome in itself, but the believable way in which you wrote it was even more spectacular :) Your detail was great throughout the story and as tragically sad as they were, I loved both characters' backstories and just the whole concept of bring two lonely souls together. Wonderful job and merry belated Christmas/happy new year!
Cotton Candy Mareep chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
Well, this was... deep. You handled the characters' emotions so well, and the story was beautifully written! I especially enjoyed the scenes in the beginning, establishing Jack and Popuri's relationship, and Jack's relationship with the young May. The whole scene with the gift exchange between May and Jack was so sweet.

I loved the whole story about the love triangle thing between Jack, Popuri, and Kai, which was interesting even if it didn't turn out well for Jack. And it was really nice to see how the relationship between Jack and May had changed over time, even if the pairing does make me slightly uncomfortable, haha.

Overall, very nice story, and happy holidays!

-Cotton Candy Mareep
therainydaykids chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
Seven thousand words on Jack and May?! You don't understand how happy I was before I had even started reading this amazing story. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Honestly, I was speechless and grinning like an idiot when I read this.

I loved how much detail you put into the beginning, establishing Jack and Popuri because it made the rest of the story/plot so much more meaningful. More so I loved the detail you used for Jack and May and showing there transition from friends to lovers (woo) because it caused them to come to life as a couple. The descriptions you used in their scenes were so beautiful and I enjoyed every sentence.

As peculiar as my crack couple is, you nailed them completely in my eyes. A perfect blend of unspoken angst, a sense of rightness, long time friendship and a bit of lust mixed in there - written in such a impeccable manner as well (but I expected as much from my readings of Among the Mushrooms).

As for the editing, spot on for me so kudos to 'cheery' Altrox :P You have a knack for writing and your descriptions were delightful so thanks again and Merry Christmas! :)
Winter Oak chapter 1 . 12/25/2012
The emotions in this story are beautifully written. I don't know what else to say besides that it was very enjoyable reading this. Great work and Merry Christmas!
SweetieLove chapter 1 . 12/25/2012
Oh my goodness. You handle emotions quite well, Altrox. Maybe, too well.

I liked the transition of the couple before and after the incidents. It was like reading from one of those books where they compare what was the past and what's the present/future. On the topic of the characters, I commend you on that. To be honest, though, I felt like reading a movie of some sort. I don't know. That's just what I felt since you wrote picturesque descriptions without being too verbose and emotions so clearly that the reader can definitely sympathize with them. Might I add that them being intoxicated really gave them some development and growth. This is just... awesomesauce. Yeah, perfectly brewed awesomesauce for the holidays.

Merry Christmas and more power to writing!

*Peace Out*
Iridescent Swan chapter 1 . 12/25/2012
Hello, Altrox!

The first thought that popped into my mind after reading the entire thing was, "this was done by a professional". I don't know, I mean you wrote the main characters well and you made them complex/not flat, and I felt all the suppressed emotions and the "emotionally tense" atmosphere. You also wrote the emotion of lust well xD

Merry Christmas!