Reviews for The Christmas Star
Crazy Fennec Fox chapter 5 . 8/27
Aww... very fluffy ending!
Fleur24 chapter 2 . 11/11/2015
I absolutely love Rose yelling at them to shut up. My favorite part. It shut Donna up, which is a feat in itself. Her and the Doctor are like squabbling siblings. I don't blame Rose for not sleeping, bound to be having nightmares like the one she did have. The story about Rose getting drunk was rather funny. Of course would want to get her drunk and then laugh about it.
Fleur24 chapter 1 . 11/11/2015
Oh Donna! So sweet and concerned about Rose at the end. I do like how you canged around the circumstance of the lever room, having the Doctor's lever needing to be put back in place instead of Rose's. Its a nice change, especially with the Doctor's non human strength.
QueenTatooine chapter 5 . 10/23/2015
I thought this was a very good version of the special. I liked the characterization and how Rose is dealing with after effects of the events of Canary wharf. Good visualization and narration. Look forward to reading the sequel.
swiftkill0317 chapter 5 . 10/16/2015
That was great! I like how you don't fallow the script, it's refreshing and more realistic 3 ~Swifty
Rose no really chapter 5 . 6/18/2015
There are so many adorably perfect moments in here that I can't even. Namely the mind meld moment when she promises to herself she'll never leave him. That... that is perfect. Every second you create here is flawless, truly. I just have one tiny problem and it's because I'm unbearably stubborn - I like to think that female Time Lords are still called Time Lords, a preference that began purely because I thought "Time Lady" sounded stupid. But my argument for it is this: We don't call female Humans Huwomen.
But no, seriously. You are completely brilliant. More than that, you're absolutely fantastic! This is golden. I can't stress enough how marvelous this is. I mean it, I really do. You are completely stellar.
And I am definitely bookmarking this story.
Rose no really chapter 4 . 6/18/2015
I absolutely love it when Ten and Rose make little references to really early in the first season, like the Nestine Consciousness in here and the Gelf in Army of Ghosts. It's just so cute! And the little "You're telling me that story later" Is so adorable! 10/Rose for life! Rose's reaction to the Huon is all at once insanely beautiful and deeply chilling. The idea of the Tardis's song is simply brilliant and the Segway seen is just so happy and pure.
I mean what I said, you are simply stellar.
Rose no really chapter 3 . 6/17/2015
The perfection continues! "She's not alone and neither are you." This line is so amazing because the Doctor's offering to be what Rose never once failed to be for him. And the Christmas 2005 joke! OMG! AND THE LITTLE WAYS THE DOCTOR IS TENSE WHENEVER HE SEES TORCHWOOD BECAUSE THAT'S THE PLACE AND THE WAY HE ALMOST LOST ROSE. SO MANY FEEEEEEELS. And I remember watching this episode the first time and the baubles happened and I was just like... you idiots did any of you ever make it to the end of Mockingjay? Like seriously. But Rose isn't short... where'd you get that from? Women are naturally shorter than men. That last scene in the car is just adorable but I feel so bad for the Doctor :(
Rose no really chapter 2 . 6/16/2015
Oh my God. You do so much so well. The grief is so realistic and I love so much how the Tardis sings her to sleep, that's just so beautiful. I am definitely bookmarking this story for a rainy day. And the little Raxacoricofallapatorious and Jack references are soooo cute! I love you so much for doing this, I really can't explain. You just bring the characters in and you read their past actions and you make them do what they would do. You just make them so... human, so real. You, sir (or ma'am) are stellar. I mean that. From the heart. (And by the way, count those...)
Rose no really chapter 1 . 6/16/2015
Oh my God, this is beautiful. All the characters act exactly how I think they would, which is not the easiest thing to do if you don't think like them. I LOVE the idea of Rewrites with Rose, purely because 10/Rose is my soul's OTP. So far, you're handling this perfectly. Good job and keep up the good work! Or should I say... *gets really creepy cuz I'm so excited* Fantastic!
eternalLove59 chapter 5 . 6/3/2015
Thought I should read the prequel of 'With Starlight in their Wake' before starting it and I though this five parter was pretty good. I loved the changes you made to include Rose.
Crystalzap chapter 5 . 12/15/2014
very sweet ending
mountaingirlheidi chapter 5 . 11/22/2014
OOooooo, I just found out about this 'verse' yesterday, and of course I'm already hooked. This is the third "rewrite" that I've read that includes Rose, and I just love seeing how everyone writes Rose in differently. I can already tell I'm going to be sucked in. I loved the emotion of Rose, mystery of the huon particles, and the introduction of Donna. I'll be reading the next series shortly!
Goddess of Awesomeness chapter 5 . 11/15/2014
I read the last few chapters quickly and all at once—I couldn't help it. I love this story and can't wait to read the rest of them, but it's like one in the morning where I am and I should get some sleep.

Goddess of Awesomeness