Reviews for Six Degrees Of Separation
Ziven chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
This was a well crafted story, I want to say first and foremost. The format and writing style both read as restless as Ryou feels, and it's nice to see diction echo the character's perspective. It's a difficult skill to master but you've done a wonderful job of it here.

You do a good job of explaining Ryou's feelings after the end of the series, and I love what you've added concerning Yuugi's friends and their group dynamics. That darker side is perfect for a Ryou fic; the realism approach tends to work better for his character, in my opinion. A lot of people have done similar Tenderships but without as much handling and skill.

The language, the shape, and the overall thoughtfullness of this story can be seen through and deserves all the credit in the world. Thanks so much for writing this, and Good Luck!
princess-kally chapter 1 . 12/28/2012
Wow oh wow. That was... That was really good. I don't like it (I don't ever like any stories that have a bad ending because I'm a sap x_x) but it's really well written, and the way you've written the subtle fascination that lingers between the two, even after one has supposedly "gone", is really well done.

I liked the format that you used, and the different degrees of separation. Each section breaks off, but it doesn't break away from the sentence.

The ending is haunting, and it'll probably linger in my mind for quite some time. You've done really well with this.
nihao.muse chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
The writing style really blew me away. The longer paragraphs and introspective nature didn't become monotonous once. I like how the suspense keeps growing with every step closer to the fic's end. Ryou and Yami Bakura's characterization was spot-on, which is refreshing to find on this website. I like your overall approach; there's nothing healthy about the relationship between the two, but there is an odd fascination with the other that never leaves.

Good luck with the contest!
The Naked King chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
The concept is really interesting and the lack of dialogue make the wordy style really fit in place with the over all tone of the story. I'm fond of the way you portray Ryou, and though it's not exactly the same way that I do, I think there's something to be said for the way you portray him. I feel like something can be learned from your writing.

It was very wonderful. Good luck in the contest.
sessiles chapter 1 . 12/25/2012
Ah, hello - reporting from the contest!

I've gotta say I'm happy. Tendershipping is one of my favorite pairings and it can be difficult to do them justice. I especially enjoyed the format here, with the numerical beginnings/transitions. Your writing style, too, is clean and very enjoyable. Ryou Bakura's character, too, is one I'd say is often skewed by the fandom, but here he's portrayed very well, very accurately, especially in the loneliness he feels/a desire to reach out to the others.

Well done, and best of luck to you on the contest c:
Crystia chapter 1 . 12/25/2012
Hey, nice one-shot. Interesting format you chose- I've never seen anything split into parts like that. :P

Ohhh, the ending is really haunting. I like the last part that's from Bakura's perspective. That was cool. :)

I also really liked the part where you say that Yugi makes so many friends, it's impossible for him to keep them equally close. I thought that was well-put and unique.

Good luck in the contest! :D