Reviews for Capgras
WhoWantsPie chapter 1 . 2/25/2013
Oh my go this made me cry so much poor Ryou poor Malik :( how horrible
ilovemanicures chapter 1 . 2/5/2013
Wow this was like the saddest thing I've ever read— poor Malik! *burst into tears*

I must say though; despite how depressing this was to read, I did actually enjoy it. The format was lovely, the places you cut off at were perfect, and the charaters were depicted wonderfully.

All and all you illustrated a very intriguing picture. Thank you for sharing it, and I'll be sure to pass it on.
tenderglories chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
Wow. I don't really have much to say, except that I absolutely love this and I think it is now probably one of my favourite angstshipping stories. Yeah, it's pretty perfect. I love how realistic their relationship is! Thank you for writing this! :)
Ziven chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
Oh, I loved this! Not only was it well written and well-formatted, but it was brimming with personality!

I've just recently watched a movie or something with the capgras delusion, so this also referenced something recent for me. It tied in so well with Marik's personality. Without the Millennium Items, etc., I could totally see this being a manifestation of his tendencies.

There's not much else to say other than to commend all of the flavor you added about their relationship, the monotony, the dialogue, the small habits that gave things away - either you've gone through quite a few things in your life or you are an incredible observer. Mayhaps both.

You used the right words in all the right places, and your formatting also helped make this emotionally moving. You really did a good job!

If there were any criticism that I could make at all, it would be a minor one -the introduction of drugs (with the needle reference and the small commentary about Marik's past) seemed a little sudden even though with Marik's personality I could see him turning to drugs as a real possibility.

Wonderful job, though, and good luck!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
Wow I cried, this is one of the best Angstshipping fics I've ever read.
Mandolina Lightrobber chapter 1 . 12/28/2012
This was absolutely stunning. The way you played out their differences and internal strifes was truly gripping. While the beginning seemed a touch OOC for me (I can't quite envision this part: "Ryou Bakura asks over dinner, lazily stirs a martini with a cheap foldable umbrella." It seems more fit for Yami Bakura, imo.), the moment when Yami Malik started cropping up, I was instantly won over.

I'm looking forward to reading more from you
princess-kally chapter 1 . 12/28/2012
Wow. That was good. Haunting.

The best thing about this fic, I think, other than the brilliant writing, was the subtle way you've shown Malik, and the way dark Malik emerges. I'm not one for YGO AU fanfiction, but you've managed to keep the characters true to themselves, really well.

I really liked the stream of consciousness effect you have going with Malik's/Dark Malik's thoughts, where everything is rushing along and it's like watching a car trying to slow down but you know it's going to crash. The way Malik's thoughts transition from coherency (with capitalisation and grammar and punctuation) to dark Malik's 'stream of consciousness' style shows the change really nicely.

I think my favourite line in this story was this - "and this time the presence takes a voice, as though strengthened by Malik's address, by Malik confirming its existence." because it's the thing that sets everything in motion to crash and fall.
nihao.muse chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
Talk about some amazing angstshipping. I love it when fics address Malik's suicidal nature, and you dealt with it and his alternate personality well. "...the man in the mirror looks clearer, more real than Malik himself feels." - That line really struck me. Malik didn't have much of an opportunity to face his alter ego in canon until they were actually split apart, so I enjoy reading about his internal struggle when they are in one body in AUs. This whole story was realistically depicted, and I felt worse and worse for Malik as it went on, because you could see all the little details adding up to become more than he could handle.

Good luck in the contest!
The Naked King chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
You made me cry I hope you're happy.

I can't even write a coherent review. I can't think to because you're stupid story made me cry. It was brilliant and don't you dare forget it.
Little.Broken.Wings chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
That was stunning. Such an interesting AU concept I actually felt SAD at the end. Ugh it was just so good, beautifully written I saw everything in such fine detail even the scenes that seemed fuzzy and disconnected, beautifully written and there really isn't enough angstshipping out there!
TheeWiccaChick chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
Damn you and your ability to make me cry at the end of this!
seaofteeth chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
So wow, okay, I usually don't like angst (even though I love Angstshipping...) and I especially don't like character death but this was just perfect, in every sense of the word. Your characterizations are so detailed and tangible; I loved this Ryou, who wasn't some pure, innocent angel who oozes undeserved loyalty but rather a flawed, complicated human being who cheats, gets bored, lacks patience, etc. And the way Malik's inner monologue - or dialogue, depending on how you look at it - is written really made me feel like I was right there with him on his downward spiral and the questioning of his sanity. His neediness was very human and poignant; like, sans second personality that is slowly overtaking his life, I feel like the insecurities and apathy and everything else that is wrong with/taking its toll on his fizzled out relationship is very relatable and realistic. Additionally, your writing style is beautiful and poetic and at this point, I don't think I can give enough kudos so, yeah. Loved it. Love your writing. Would love to read more by you in the future.
honestly.idk chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
This is perfect.
kit legit chapter 1 . 12/25/2012
yo dj-hi tek drop the motherfucking beat box dogg

cutting like cancer
moving like dancers
spin the stars inside
open wide like surgical wounds
whirring in the dark
cutting sounds
bite harder than the bark
on one end apathetic
the other end sharp
battling for control
or an angel's harp
roll like a devil, cackle
like crackle, fireplace spackled
shackled, crawling inside
with nowhere to hide
running up that hill he'll eat you alive
invisible monsters right in front of your eyes
sticky like blood and sneeringways snide
the only escape is falling to fly
say goodbye.
Elle Seren chapter 1 . 12/25/2012
Ouch, my heart! That was so heart-wrenchingly beautiful...so tragic...oh Malik...oh Ryou...you two are always so tragic together and yet I want nothing but for both of you to be happy! It was a sad ending, but at least Malik 'silence the beast' even if it was a might bit too late. It was still a fantastic story and very inspiring to read. Great job!