Reviews for The Power of the Press
RHJunior chapter 9 . 7/19
what about the horcrux in his scar?
RHJunior chapter 6 . 7/18
gems are not noble metals, arrrrgh. They're crystals, ordinary crystals!
Diamonds are made of carbon.
sapphires are made of aluminum oxide. Yes, that's right, aluminum- the same stuff as in a BEER CAN.
Rubies are aluminum oxide and have a little bit of chromium which give them their color.

Wizards should at least be able to convert any unsuspecting pie plate into sapphires, and rubies if they throw in a few flakes of bumper chrome. And any lump of carbon- coal, charcoal, graphite- could be transfigured into a diamond!

I know that canonically they're not supposed to be able to transfigure gems, but blame that on total research failure on Rowlings' part- and in-story, the only explanation would be the howling scientific ignorance of the common wizard... but Muggles have known diamonds to be made of carbon since 1772.
RHJunior chapter 4 . 7/18
Umbridge. Lust and Obliviate potions.

I threw up a little in my mouth...
RHJunior chapter 3 . 7/18
It was ravenclaw's DIADEM. Not a brooch.
Excellent! Truly excellent!

I still don't understand the title of the story though, as they didn't use the press at all, except maybe the first two articles.

The length of the chapters was also an issue, it was a lot to read in one go. If there was something in the chapter I wanted to mention in a review, I either had to take notes or keep scrolling down to the bottom to add to my review.
I love your subtle poke at clich├ęd soul bond fics. Nicely done.

Your chapter length is still a bit hard to chew, but the quality of the story makes up for it.
Perky Weatherbee. Heehee...I giggle to myself every time I read it. I love it.

I like the maturing Ron. I much prefer this to bashing (although a well written bashing story can be quite enjoyable).

Your chapter lengths are an issue. I have to write my reviews as I read as by the time I get to the end of the chapter, I've forgotten what happened at the beginning. There is also the issue re-finding my place in the story.
Your sections go out of order again. You have one occurring in bookspace on June 27 and the next section is at the Grangers on June 25.

There also seems to be some discrepancy in Harry's marks. He shows that he gets 8/10 possible OWLs, meaning the two 'P's are failing grades, and yet Mrs. Granger makes the remark about him getting 10/10 and very good marks. Unless I'm just forgetting how the marks for OWLs work and a 'P' is still a pass, but not worth an OWL, in which case I apologize for and tetract the complaint.
Harry can't really get mad at Sirius for not using his alias, when Harry does exactly the same thing by calling him Sirius and not Paddy.

There are only two negatives I can point out: the chapter lengths can be a bit much, and one of your section headings was wrong - you went back in time. One was marked July and the next one was marked June.

I'm loving this story. You have no idea how much I appreciate how well written this is. I've read, or partly read, far too many poorly written multi-chap fics lately. This one is like a breath of fresh air. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of it.
Hmm, makes me wonder where this is going to go, as you seem to tie up all loose ends. Sure, there's still Voldemort, but this story is essentially complete. I am curious about the title. Except for two (very damning) articles, he doesn't really use the press. Is there going to be more in later chapters?
Gustavia chapter 1 . 7/10
Bobmin died April 2016

Rest in Peace

Alyx I'm so sorry. Your stories with your husband have given us many many hours of pleasure

Rebel Dixie Babe chapter 4 . 7/8
How dare you classify IRS Revenuers as human. They are not even a sub-species. I am not sure what they are but human they are not.
Flutters Is Shy chapter 9 . 7/4
That was truly a magnificent story, and I for one am glad I stuck it through to the very end. My only complain is directed at the chapter format, and not the story itself.

Many a time I found myself looking to the right, and despairing that the chapter I was on was only halfway completed. Three seperate times I had to stop midchapter to come back at a later date. 200k is a rather large sum to cram into only 9 chapters,

Still, loved it, it was an enjoyable experience.
StupidChinaBook chapter 9 . 7/3
When r u going to update the final pern story? I'm really enjoying the series.
Well you have this fancy title, that indicates harry will fight this war using the press. Then you have an action packed first chapter. And it instantly turns into angsty teen romance. And his 'final fight' was one of the worst i read. All that training and knowledge and power to use a sword last second.