Reviews for The Power of the Press
Reader chapter 3 . 5/12
Order of Merlin, Fourth Class? There is no fourth class. It goes, in order of rising magnitude, Third Class, Second Class and First Class. (Fudge confirmed this by saying he'd at least get Snape an Order of Merlin, Second Class, or a First Class if he could manage it) In other words, Scrimgeour was trying to 'Lockhart' Harry by giving him what equated to a 'we're only doing this because your famous' award. I think you meant a First Class, which is the best.

(Lockhart was an honorary reserve member for the Dark Defence League, or whatever it was. Reserves are backup for when the real guys go down, and honorary means you did something that deserved entry, but you are either dead or unable to properly join. Considering that group did nothing, it can be assumed they were the magical equivalent to the Harlem Globe Trotters and were mostly there for show)
HeartsGlow chapter 8 . 5/4
Why couldn't he just explore Hogwarts as his self with his cloak?
HeartsGlow chapter 5 . 3/31
It is not FF that makes light of the Cruciatus. In your story, Harry is so much worse off from the cult member's short bout of cruciatus than he was from Voldie's in the graveyard in canon. Bellatrix caused permanent damage to the Longbottoms with it, but she held them under it for a prolonged period of time. Most FF stories I read, Snape has to take special potions for it after coming back from a meeting with Voldie.
missgsmith51 chapter 8 . 3/28
Because Harry left Hogwarts rather than participate in the TWT, he didn't have the "pleasure" of experiencing Ron's disgusting betrayal over the whole thing. I wonder if he would feel such remorse for having abandoned his friendship with Ron (if that is what he thinks he did) if he'd had to endure even a single day of Ron's despicable behavior.

I agree with Hermione that Ginny doesn't act like she's in love with Neville and is probably looking around for someone better. Too bad Neville can't find someone who actually thinks he's the best and truly loves him. I'm surprised he isn't pursuing someone less volatile and controlling - like Susan Bones or Padma Patil. If I were a guy, I don't think I'd want Molly Weasley for a MIL. He already has Augusta for a grandmother; does he really want another domineering woman attempting to run his life? I suspect Ginny is just like Molly; we know her temper is nasty when she's crossed. I hope he enjoys Bat Bogeys, because she flings that around like Bella does the AKs.

Evan/Harry's comment that he knew he wanted to marry Hermione shortly after he met her will take on new meaning at the "big reveal." It kind of makes me want to send a giant razzzberry to Molly for her comment to Emma about the "wonderfully powerful" babies Harry and Ginny would have made. When she learns who Evan really is - AND finds out that Hermione has always been his choice and Ginny was never even in the running - I hope she chokes on all of her rude, petty, gloating comments.

"If he is keeping his Evan Black persona, he is to limit his stays to nine hours or less." Does she say why? The reason is important (I remember that much), so McGonagall should make sure they know why. Ah, okay ... Tonks let him know what would happen.

The thought of Nagini in that castle is frightening, even if she is hibernating. It would be easier for her to get around undetected than it was for the Basilisk, simply due to her smaller size. Creepy! I hope McGonagall is careful. A cat might make a tasty snack, too. I wonder if snakes suffer from hairballs. Hmmm.
stylo1 chapter 1 . 3/22
i found the day to day rather boring, in the beginning everything just fixes itself de to azkaban dumbels death etc
Doom chapter 8 . 3/5
Get a blog
noxenrom chapter 1 . 2/7
So much cringe in one chapter
BasiliskSlayer7 chapter 9 . 2/6
Great story, its nice to read one that's more about Harry's day to day life and relationship, as opposed to a super powerful Voldemort.
Monster King chapter 9 . 2/5
Great story I really liked it a lot good job writing the story.
PoseidonPrince chapter 9 . 1/30
not bad
jim139 chapter 9 . 1/20
I love this story and have to say it one of my favorites. I hope you come back to writing as your stories are very entertaining.
stacygrrl2002 chapter 2 . 1/14
the only problem i have seen with this tale is the giant flag that popped up when i read about the prohet story and it mentioned a story on another page about a certain death the day after the goblet incident. the magical world just skipped over the whole thing, instead of seeing the connection to the cup taking the magic of the person entering harrys name
owllover22161 chapter 1 . 1/12
I'll admit, I didn't have high hopes for this story when I saw that it only had nine chapters, but you well and truly proved me wrong. This was well paced and interesting, while dancing around cliques rather than plowing through them. Overall, I enjoyed it and I hope you had fun writing it.
Romily chapter 9 . 1/5
I made it through but admit, i am not a fan of the story and i seriously do not like those extensive AN. I skipped most but even that always pulled me out of the story,... i am glad its over.
Kyriss chapter 9 . 12/23/2017
Well done! Just found this and I enjoyed your writing style and creativity. Keep having fun with your fictions, and thank you for sharing!