Reviews for What Counts
Ash chapter 1 . 6/18/2013
So. Beautiful. I can't. Function.
winnietheripper chapter 1 . 2/16/2013
Thank you so much for this wonderful story! It's heartbreaking but beautiful. I love the way you write about their relationship, especially the way Roy *awkwardly* caring for kal's feelings _ Could I translate your fic into chinese so that more people can appreciate it? I'll link to original and credit you fully as the author. Waiting for your reply!
Dark Manifest chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
I started reading this without checking who the author was first (following a link off tumblr), and marveling over how amazingly in-character, funny, and touching it was, then I scrolled up to check the name and I thought, Well, no wonder it's so good. I need to get around to reviewing the rest of your Koy fics because, really, they're all good, but I figure this is as decent a place as any to start, since I think this is my new favorite. It was just so...perfect Kaldur and Roy, never too sentimental, understated and intense and quietly sincere, with great moments of humor ('Roy makes a sort of strangled noise in response') and deep emotion ('Roy's face is pressed into Kaldur's shoulder and Kaldur's knuckles are white in the back of Roy's shirt'). I almost welled up at the last line ('It is a memory that will last him until he doesn't need it anymore'), because it just isn't fair, but it actually helps to think that Kaldur even had a beautiful memory like that to lose, so it's easier to understand why he gave up so much just so he could protect love like that all the better. Besides, y'know, just being Kaldur, who does that sort of thing.

Anyway. Great fic.
Yus chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
It's been a long time since I've read a fic that has made me tear up and smile, simultaneously. Bravo! And please keep writing, your work is addicting!
PeachBelle chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
I don't even ship Koy but I love this story. You wrote both characters so darn well!
Mistress of Solitude chapter 1 . 12/25/2012
Damn.
This was beautiful. And a wonderful Koy fic for Christmas.
Buckyayo chapter 1 . 12/25/2012
This was really nice :) merry Christmas.
Val-Creative chapter 1 . 12/25/2012
I've missed reading this ship. You do very, very well in portraying Kaldur's view as the story unfolds itself. :3 Thank you for writing and sharing this Christmas fic.