Reviews for Last Chance at Glory
Guest chapter 5 . 2/19/2016
I know its been years since you last completed this story but I just want to drop a review. This story is one of the best! It is wonderfully written about Kaoru. It's what I've imagined her to be in Watsuki-sensei's manga. I thank you for imparting your writing talent to us, readers. This is the best Kaoru Kamiya centered story I've read.
Sundarii chapter 5 . 2/17/2016
Loved reading this! Kaoru is one of the strongest characters in Rurouni Kenshin and I wish that she had been given more fights/scenes like this.
Jester's Pet Oriole chapter 5 . 2/7/2016
It's been nearly 11 years since you've posted this great piece of work and it should have way more reviews then it does! I'm very impressed with your Kaoru's characterization and growth and the way it truly represents the spiri of the manga/anime.
Great job!
SunBinamra chapter 5 . 7/16/2015
I love how you portray Kaoru's strength not just in her ability to fight but also in her determination to follow her path despite being a woman and her courage. I think that when it comes to the manga/anime, a lot of people think she's weak because Kenshin or someone else is always doing the fighting - but it's easy to forget that those opponents are Kenshin-level, strong beyond belief warriors. In any other scenario Kaoru would kick ass.

On another note, I like the connections between the present and Kaoru's past. It's a seamless way of showing character development. Well done!
orchid14 chapter 5 . 3/8/2015
Thank you for the wonderful story. It was a genius idea for Kaoru too win the tournament in order to restore her school's honor. It is the only way Kaoru can find true happiness and wash away her fears and self-doubts (of being left behind, being weak, being unladylike, being an unworthy partner of Kenshin). Given the manga series is all about swordmanship and character development, it is very good, smart and appropriate approach you made here. It's great! 3
lvpearldiestro chapter 5 . 1/23/2015
Wow, it's a very beautiful story. It made me cry in the last chap. Twas a sweet victory for Kaoru.
Katato2013 chapter 5 . 10/6/2013

ilyena damodred chapter 5 . 5/5/2011
ilyena damodred chapter 1 . 5/5/2011
Hitsuji also means sheep. D
morning rush chapter 3 . 5/26/2009
I'm so sorry for reviewing backwards but this chapter was great. The way you shifted POVs and the past and present, it's thoroughly effective and hauntingly beautiful. )
morning rush chapter 5 . 5/26/2009
This was incredibly written, and the characterisations were fantastic. I am in awe of your fic, it flows beautifully with the canon and your characters are completely IC. This fic brings so much more than your usual romance stuff, it's all about life. The epiphany of Kaoru during the match was well-written and gave that sense of satisfaction to the reader during the ending. And though there is lack of fluff, there is still that warm feelings you have instilled in the reader the way you have presented the deep relationship and understanding between Kaoru and Kenshin.

I really wish I could give a more detailed review, but perhaps being in awe just robs me of that. I think the most important thing you have presented here is the self-empowerment, showing us that you could only find this strength within yourself with a little help from your friends. Great job!
Brukaoru chapter 5 . 4/15/2009
Excellent work. It's really neat to see a different portrayal of Kaoru's father from other fanfics. The balance of flashbacks to the present was also really great. Very nice!
RedWingedAngel002 chapter 5 . 8/17/2008
That made me tear up in the end. Lol. That was truly.. a touching story! XD Omfg! Just keep it up!

RedWingedAngel002 chapter 4 . 8/17/2008
Aww... That was so sweet XD

RedWingedAngel002 chapter 3 . 8/17/2008
Wow.. That was.. wow. What I really liked was that he cut his hair. That fits perfectly! There doubt is behind them now- its time to move forward!