Reviews for See Through Smiles (and Gold Dresses)
lydiamartins chapter 1 . 1/4/2014
glimmercentric fics are always something interesting to read - i feel as though her character wasn't that developed in the books (probably, for a reason) and that she was portrayed as a really, shallow person but i like the way that you've developed her character throughout this story and that she knows what's necessary to make the world around her better. the last part would have to be my favorite bc glimmer seems like that person who just wants to win in the books (but just bc she's in the careeers, it doesn't give her the best chance of winning since she doesn't have much skill with weapons) but here it shows that glimmer knows that it's her time to die bc it's not her right to win the hunger games; it's katniss's right to do so, and [she knows that this girl is going to change the world someday] fits perfectly under this scenario. glimmer's relationship with evely was written really nicely and that repetition of "some of us were just meant to smile" written throughout here really had a strong impact near the end of the fic. overall, great job with this irma - it's a really thoughtful insight onto glimmer, c:

xx clara
thehazeleyedloser chapter 1 . 8/21/2013
somehow, just somehow, this works.
Liverpaul chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
Amazing!

Thanks for these great words!

Add favs!
marblesharp chapter 1 . 12/28/2012
What a thoughtful Glimmer fic! I was a bit confused at the beginning but your ending is nice and full-circle. I wouldn't worry about it. :)
Glimmer's interest in history was a nice detail. Very telling, how her mother discouraged her from pursuing an interest that required *le gasp!* studying! Pretty girls are too pretty to study, and intelligence isn't attractive at all. ;) Headcanon accepted.
My only critique is that Cashmere seems OOC. I know D1 is known for having the glamorous tributes but as a Career she still had to kill other contenders at some point. She might act air headed but Glimmer should know from watching her Games how deadly she's capable of being.
Cunita chapter 1 . 12/25/2012
one word,AWESOME!
angels entwined chapter 1 . 12/25/2012
I left a longish review on Zoe's fic for me.

Shoot, what can I say for this? I love it. I do. Glimmer and the propaganda and the hallucinations, and her fairy tales and myths. And Evely, who may/may not be a bit too perfect but that's because she's a perfectionist, and the puppets, and the repetition of "some of us were just meant to smile."

-Angel/Twilly