Reviews for Let Her Cry
foolondahill17 chapter 1 . 11/9/2014
I wanted to let you know that I added this story to my recently made community “Swamped" the best in MASH fan fiction. If you have any objections, please PM me.
foolondahill17 chapter 1 . 5/13/2014
OH gosh, this is heart-wrenching. Spot-on Hawkeye, though. Well done. I've always thought he could make a wonderful father. And the whole missing-the-birth-rant-I-can-take-distractions-while-in-surgery thing was priceless. :)
Me chapter 1 . 8/4/2013
Love this - Hawk needed to put that ghost behind him once and for all...

Also on a personal viewpoint, I have never really approved of pacifiers. I never had children of my own, but I have a dear friend who had two, and she did not allow pacifiers anywhere near her kids. Her doctor didn't approve of them and maintained that if a baby was crying, there was a good reason for it - they were cold, hungry, thirsty, lonely, wet... you get the message... and stuffing a make believe mama in her mouth was asking for more emotion vs. oral stimulation down the track. Bravo for Hawkeye being ahead of the game!
Goldleaf83 chapter 1 . 6/7/2013
Oh, this captures Hawkeye perfectly: his voice is right on (I can really hear that rant!), and his movements are right (that orangutan jump - I know *just* what you mean!). Even better, you show a believable post-war psychology for him: still a great surgeon, acutely aware of what he can do (and has done), scarred by his war experiences, still healing from them. You evoke the long-term consequences of what happens to him in the final episode just beautifully in the last few lines: powerfully and economically, not a wasted word in there. A terrific piece!
80sarcades chapter 1 . 3/20/2013
Awww;-) I remember holding my first one way back when. Very nicely done!
ReKoJ chapter 1 . 2/14/2013
That was cute.
Frodo's sister chapter 1 . 1/12/2013
Good story. I agree with Hawkeye. New born babies need to cry. It cleans their lungs.
Hummingbird2 chapter 1 . 1/9/2013
My goodness, that was absolutely wonderful, thank you!
hippiechick2112 chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
O_O AWWWW! All I can say. Just so cute!
Fawn Hickory chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
:) You did well. I think his daughter's mother will be happy to have someone who will get up and listen to the crying for her. I just wish I knew who her mother was... ;)
snooky-9093 chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
for a moment there, I thought he was hallucinating. Glad to see he wasn't. Happy ending!
DoctorWhovian11 chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
I wanna cry now, too! Great writing.
T Goerlitz chapter 1 . 12/28/2012
I like, no, I LOVE this story because it's just about Hawkeye. We don't know who his wife is, it adds a little mystery. Thank you for letting me be a witness to his very first interaction with his daughter. BRAVO!
cmee57 chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
Well done and very moving!
4077fan chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
Awww...This was so sweet! :) You did a great job of writing Hawkeye's character; I can visualize him acting exactly as you described. Super work! :)