Reviews for Poké Wars: The Convalescence
Chewie15 chapter 1 . 4/11/2019
I really like this story, like what others have said I see loads of possibilities for this story and I hope that you decide to continue it.
Ideas-Are-Nice chapter 2 . 11/4/2014
I know being the idea-guy is looked down upon these days, and I'm not sure you're going in this direction, but I think the repeated nightmares that Ash is having opens up the potential of him having some type of dark aura ability later on. I think you mentioned in an earlier fic that the undampening can unlock dormant abilities, so something like this would flow almost perfectly with his mind becoming all twisted up. You could even give him Chansey like healing powers (when not possessed by some kind of stoic/beast/ragemode or whatever) since aura kind of taps into the human life force and whatnot. Also, I'm not ganna lie, it would be awesome if you made him strong enough to take on legendaries or hoards of pokemon singlehandedly. Giving pikachu a reason to fear/worry about his own trainer would add an interesting twist to things too, since Ash in the beginning was terrified of pikachu being able to kill.
Doomedsoul74 chapter 2 . 10/29/2014
Lovin this series hope you don't keep us waitin for two more years to update it.
Janus366 chapter 2 . 7/14/2014
Sorry for the late review, I had serious problems with my PC and internet, so I could’t review it for a long time.

First, I want to say that I feel impressed on how Ash head is messed up and in the verge of madness after all those bad moments he lieved after two arcs without showing any symptoms. I suppose that your explaination of Mr. Mime helping to cope Ash and Dawn with those traummatic experiences are a kind of saving throw of you to explain how the are able to hold it being Dawn very young and Ash pretty inmature on the entire anime series previous to Poke Wars like The Archasage said. And talking about Ash being inmature, I must admit that I felt a guilty pleasure when Mr. Mime told that Ash’s mind was inmature because previous to the undampening he didin’t needed to grow up and just battle, win badges and travel through regions while being trapped into a bubble safe and apart from the real, harsh world due in part to the stupid efforts of the anime producers by keeping the pokemon anime a kid-friendly show. I just hope so that he doesen’t ends completely raving mad to the point of becoming a lost cause.

The only other point that I see worth comenting is about the conversation between Pikachu and Raichu. I have to admit that I’m shocked to learn that pokemons, even the kind of them like Pikachus and Raichus have a much more complex society and culture that I have previously known, with their own stories and folklore which I believe that I will need to keep in consideration for my own stories. And about the pokemon true names, I have to say that I agree a little with the Zogg saying that maybe adding them was a little unecesary to the story, and just makes the lore more confusing and maybe harder for us the expanded universe writters. As NobodiesHiiro said, there are a lot of questions that I would want to ask you about them later. But even if I don’t agree with them completely, they help to make sense about why there have been pokemon who have given their names even if they doesen’t seem to have a trainer to nickname them, like the Xatu which was in Altomare when Latias visited it.
nightelf37 chapter 2 . 7/12/2014
Wondering.

Have you read the Pokémon fanfic Symbiosis?

Will Jessie's Wobbuffet come up (and maybe angst about their being useless with the undampenings and all)?
neverred chapter 2 . 7/7/2014
Poor Ash, you'd think something had come feom such a dramatic change in his life... So young still, all of them are changing... Horrible dreams man. Poor mimey.

Pikachu really is special, he seems to ha e two abilities i. Lightningrod and static, and the amount of electricity he can channel is amazing... I still wonder if Zekrom mistook him for a powerplant, or maybe gave him the ability to use Bolt Strike?

Really interesting with the names, thanks a bunch for updating... You are freaking awesome. Me and the guys are still posting in our rp forum of the story.
Nauran chapter 2 . 7/7/2014
So there's a lot that has developed between humans and pokemon now? Understanding each other's speech should be useful.

So we're going to Sinnoh, huh? The pokemon god's territory... This is gonna be good.
Norad2 chapter 2 . 7/6/2014
World building. Thou art good at it.
FireDragonX23 chapter 2 . 7/6/2014
Good chapter
the Zogg chapter 2 . 7/3/2014
Wow, your version of slice of life is extremely dark. I could cut the tension with a knife. But for once, I have some criticism. Your stories have always been dark and I'm the type of guy who enjoys someone who can capture despair but you've always managed to balance out the angst with extreme badassery and coolness but I think you made this chapter *too* dark. It was a bit melodramatic and nihilistic especially Ash's nightmares. I also felt that you introduced too many new things into a single chapter that aren't really needed. Especially the True Name thing for the Pokemon.
The Archsage chapter 2 . 7/3/2014
Nice to see some more of Ash's group.

Makes sense Mr. Mime was doing something like that though. Ash did seem a little too well adjusted for a world wide change like the Undampening. Especially with how quickly he seemed to adjust.

I can't wait to see more of Ash's group though. It has to be, by far, my favourite group to follow, though I do enjoy the others too.
EternalPKK chapter 2 . 7/3/2014
This was awesome, and I can't wait for you to return to this group in full. That said, I look forward to the next chapter in the Poke Wars saga.
acpeters chapter 2 . 7/3/2014
Wonderfull! I love the awe you are demonstrating the electric types are all having for pikachu, along with social practices the pokemon have that seem to be all new. The name Idea is really interresting and you approached it really well. I also find it interresting how mr mine is having to help ash survive with some form of sanity, and I really am excited to see where you go with that. The James portion while interresting to read I am unsure as to how it will be relevant to the story, so I am interrested in seeing where that goes. I am excited for more, keep them coming!
NobodiesHiiro chapter 2 . 7/2/2014
Awesome, I hadn't been expecting another chapter for this on so soon. I like the idea of Pokemon having true names, I'll have to come up with something for Hiiro's monsters.

I imagine they wouldn't have one if Hiiro got them as an egg? Or would the name he gave them be considered the true name? Anyway, I liked the snippets we got to see of how everyone is coming together and growing(by the way go james and brock! Lol) Pikachu and raichu training the other electric types was a nice touch, I should really had realized they would, but still I was like, oooh. Lmao.

I've started calling pickachu and raichu the battery brothers in my head now, awesome. Me and my incessant need to nickname everything. Eh, I'm getting off topic, thanks for the chapter it was good to read. Later.
Justice of the Martyred chapter 1 . 4/1/2014
Sabrina must live! (In my opinion) Ash cares soooooooooo much about her that he is in denial... Love this sequel, hope to keep up.