Reviews for Shades of My Shadow
FinnickOzam chapter 9 . 1/2/2014
This is really interesting. Gross with the whole incest thing but you describe their feelings of being ignored and forgotten really well.
Moon Lantern chapter 9 . 11/17/2013
My first reaction was WTF? Then I read the whole thing and it was... insightful. I like the idea of Louis and Lily being overshadowed and being the "black sheep". Kind of like how Ron felt; I think it was you who wrote that brilliant story wasn't it? I think you should explore that and consider to what extent Lily being the youngest and only girl does for her.
About this whole Louis/Lily incest thing- why? What brought this on? Lol!
AnnaRavenheart chapter 8 . 5/28/2013
This is something I didn't expect. I didn't expect Lily to end up with another boy. Poor Louis, I love his devotion, but I would prefer that he actually went and hexed that boy. I don't know why Lily did this. I loved it, I spotted no mistakes. I would like you to update because I'm really interested to see what will happen. Good job!
AnnaRavenheart chapter 7 . 5/28/2013
I liked this chapter. I was hoping that they will get together since they began paying attention to each other and I'm glad you haven't disappointed me. I liked this chapter and I like Lily's thoughts about him. It was so sweet. I spotted no mistakes, good job!
AnnaRavenheart chapter 6 . 5/28/2013
Heh, I liked this one. It was short, yet sweet and funny. I like how he and Lily work like a team; they are doing great together. I actually liked James' reaction and it made me laugh. Dom's reaction was really not so nice, and I really adore Louis' response. She deserved it. I spotted no mistakes. Great job!
AnnaRavenheart chapter 5 . 5/28/2013
Oh, God, this was so sad. Poor Louis, he didn't deserve to be tormented like that, especially because he is shunned out by almost his whole family. I like the way you described his helplessness, I liked it a lot. I actually like his thoughts and the way he has enough pride not to scream. I liked this, and I spotted no mistakes. Good job!
AnnaRavenheart chapter 4 . 5/28/2013
I liked this chap and Lily's thoughts about Louis. It was actually realistic - two outcasts getting together. Its really sad that they are so much ignored, but at least now they would have each other. I loved this and I didn't spot any mistakes and the ending sentence was brilliant. Who knows, maybe they will really help each other!
AnnaRavenheart chapter 3 . 5/28/2013
I can't believe something like that happened to Lily. What kind of bastard that boy is. I completely understand her feelings and the decision she made. I love your portrayal of Lily and her thoughts and fears. The ending sentence was slightly creepy and really sad, but it was a great way to finish this chap. Great job, I spotted no mistakes!
AnnaRavenheart chapter 2 . 5/28/2013
This was absolutely sad. I liked Louis enthusiasm about the fact that he will spend time with his sister. it was so childish and so sweet. I was angry at Dom for trying to spoil his happiness and I was completely disappointed with Victoire. She was a complete bitch in this one, and I'm really sad for poor little Louis. How could she! I liked this and I didn't spot any mistakes, good job!
AnnaRavenheart chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
I liked the fact Lily Luna got sorted in Slytherin as well as her thirst to prove herself. I like that you emphasized that she feels neglected because of her older brothers. It's natural feeling and really realistically written. I didn't spot any mistakes, really good job!
MissingMommy chapter 8 . 1/31/2013
Aw! I loved this. Protectively jealous!Louis works well. I'm not sure if you mean it to be read this way, but I do see Louis loving Lily. But that's probably me reading too much into it.

I did wonder who Rowan Fawley was. But you used your prompts well, and it flowed nicely.

"for Louis, Lily had to be happy before he was" - this is probably the line that make me read this as unrequite!cousincest. Since most people who are in love with someone will let them be happy since that's the only thing that matters to them.

Overall, lovely job! :D
Ralinde chapter 8 . 1/30/2013
Ah the Weasleys surely are protective over their cousins. Reminds me a bit of Ron sulking/being angry when he saw Ginny with Dean. I liked the name of Rowan Fawley. I believe Fawley was on the Pottermore list of Pureblood families?
QuietConspiracy chapter 8 . 1/29/2013
So cute and so Louis! :) I like how you worked with prompts and the displaying of emotions! You are a brilliant writer so keep up the fantastic work!
thegoodgirldoll chapter 8 . 1/29/2013
Wow, this was good! I really liked it a lot:) You did so well with the prompts! You are a really good writer! The emotions were written so well, and I enjoyed it tons! :D Good luck with judging- You did so great!
God Bless
Sarah
autumn midnights chapter 8 . 1/29/2013
LouisLily...haven't read that too much, but it's an interesting idea since I do love next-gen cousincest. Louis's emotions about seeing someone flirting with Lily seemed very realistic, and I could really feel what he was going through at this point. I like the name Rowan Fawley, too, it's cool - and if I'm not mistaken, I think Fawley was one of the pureblood names on the Pottermore list? If so, that's awesome that you were able to include such a minor detail like that! *loves minor characters and unimportant details* Nice drabble!
60 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »