Reviews for Jack in the Box
InTheWrongEra chapter 1 . 5/26/2014
Found this at complete randomness looking for stories on Edward Tulane, a book I just recently remembered and truly love. And this is the only one that poped up.

I didn't really know what it was, or how good it was going to be, but I took a chance.

See, you have to understand. I'm very picky. I rarely feel stories when I read them, and they have to be incredible for me to react emotionally.

But now I'm sitting here, staring at the last line, freaking bawling my eyes out like a baby; my heart hurting from the emotions throughout the story.

This is beautifully written and explained, and it's just. . . Incredible. You deserve an immense amount of respect for an author to write something like this.

Devin Trinidad chapter 1 . 9/11/2013
Beautifully written and thought out. Shows how much different the real character can be while in a whole different universe. I especially liked how you placed lots of emphasis on what was being said in italics and how naive Jack can be. His friendship with the Russian bear seemed to help out a lot in the story, and I hope that one day Jack will be played with again.
mintsoff chapter 1 . 4/19/2013
MADE ME CWY! Sorry I haven't reviewed this earlier. Read this story when it first came out but didn't review. Its is so beautiful and heartbreaking. Yet, breathtaking. Thank you for writing such a breathtaking story.
Mari Rogers chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
Please make a chapter 2.
timenspace chapter 1 . 1/10/2013
Oh sweet story... I see this was cute and well done much like the story of Edward Tulane, without the journey part and stuff.
paninya chapter 1 . 12/28/2012
I cried.
I admit it. I cried.
And it was pretty awkward when I did cuz every one else around me was happy n laughing. Then me (on my iPod) suddenly bursting into tears.
Seriously, I'm not even joking.
But any who! I LOVED it!
sayurin chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
Dear god, I am sobbing while reading this. (It doesn't help that I was watching a really sad disney movie), and dear god, people are giving me weird looks!

Great job.
Twilight Cardmistress chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
Beautiful. Absolutely wonderful. Had to try real hard not to cry. Felt the tears though, had to blink a few times, but I managed not to bawl.

If you have an idea on how to continue this, I'm certainly interested, though I'm not sure how exactly this can be continued, seeing as this Jack is probably not going to last very long without the proper care. MiM might help, somehow. I do wonder.

Excellent work. I very much enjoyed it.
EmmaLuLuChu chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
oh my gosh wow this was insanely good

like i justuksrgfI love the whole idea! It's a really neat twist doing this and just AAAAAAAAAAA

I actually did the Velveteen Rabbit two years ago at my school for a One Act festival! I was the China Dog :) I really loved how you kind of alluded a bit to North with the Russian Bear if I'm correct?

Just aaaaaaaaaaaa this is really great
CHiKa-RoXy chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
Oh, and one more thing I'm very pissed about: Jack's sister name is NOT Pippa! I repeat, NOT Pippa!
In fact, Jack's sister doesn't have an official name yet.
Pippa is one the name of one of Jamie's friends. The confusion is that the girl that voices Pippa also voices Jack's sister.
If you MUST name the sister, name her Emma. It's the adopted name that fans have given her through most of the internet.