Reviews for nine2five 1,11 Pieces of Me
Gryphon69 chapter 4 . 3/17/2015
Loving the story so far...so much more logical than the original.
anthropocene chapter 4 . 8/18/2014
OK, Carina's motivation—if that explanation holds up in subsequent stories—was a reveal I hadn't anticipated. Nice to see Dr. Dreyfus make an appearance—interesting blend of Tic Tac and Tooth. It's a good fit for him here, as you understood. Fun episode!
anthropocene chapter 3 . 8/18/2014
Nice that Mr. Fitzroy savored the challenge well met. I'm definitely intrigued by whatever's up with Carina.
anthropocene chapter 2 . 8/16/2014
And Agent Carmichael actually did stand down? This must be really serious...better check it out!
anthropocene chapter 1 . 8/16/2014
Every time I get another monkey...uh, chapter...off my back, I look forward to returning to your Chuckverse.

I thought it cute that Chuck was wearing an extra set of knives for Sarah in bed. (Won't ask what else either of them was or wasn't wearing in there.) I did find it disturbing, though not incomprehensible, that Chuck wounded Sarah during his test. And now the tables turn—Chuck goes out on a mission but Sarah doesn't. I feel for poor Sarah—gotta be doubly frustrating that she can't be there to share in the action and keep a protective eye on her man.

Oh, that conniving Carina!
Molotov chapter 4 . 5/10/2014
This is getting interesting, son. Did not see any of this happening.
Dsn246 chapter 3 . 3/18/2014
I am really enjoying your spin on Season 3, it is hard to remember all the call signs though at times, but that is probably just me.
resaw chapter 4 . 8/15/2013
Ch. 1: A Heart
So, the electronic key appears to be the same item that Chuck recovered from the dead man’s hand in the First Class episode. What purpose does it serve here?

Ch. 2: A Home
“Eager lack of expression”: an interesting turn of phrase. You’ve caused me to spend way too much time contemplating its meaning….

Okay, so the flash bang grenade knocked Chuck into his Charles Carmichael persona, right? I thought that this was now a strictly volitional thing. Chuck anticipated in Ch. 1 that he would no longer “wake up in the street, surrounded by ruins.” I guess this hasn’t been entirely resolved yet.

So Carina deposits the key in the vault. Hmm, curiouser and curiouser.

And Chuck is arrested for treason?

Ch. 3: A Brain
I just finished the Sarah-Morgan conversation about Carina. Morgan is completely oblivious about Sarah’s and Carina’s spy affiliations, correct. So, when Sarah says it’s serious, Morgan has absolutely no context with which to understand the meaning of the term.

What value can Hannah serve for Sarah in the Carina dilemma?

You have suggested that Carina has been somewhat coerced by Leader to do the things she’s done, but then you also suggest that she is doing this to get back at her (former) best friend, Sarah. How is this going to play out?

Oh, also, I’m not sure if it’s just you, but I seem to notice a lot of references to Sarah as “Blondie,” although I think that about the only time she is called by that name is from Big Mike.

Ch. 4: The Nerve
Interesting twist. She’s made arrangements with Chuck in the vault, but since he was “Charles” at that point, he can’t help anyone.

Wow, so Carina’s following Chuck’s (Charles’) plan. Intriguing. So, who is trying to corner Carina at the end of this chapter? The Ring? Beckman’s people? Someone else?
ProjectOrion chapter 4 . 5/3/2013
I always wanted to see the other floor's challenges as well. The ones you created quite awesome and very imaginative. The whole chapter was a nice thrill and the suspense has captured me!
garnetflint chapter 4 . 4/19/2013
I must have missed making a comment on this one earlier. Nice to see Chuck in a more active role. The multiple personalities from the intersect is working out well.
I have always had questions regarding "trace cell" missions as a mcguffin. There were 15 levels that were to stop anyone from getting into a vault where you put things. If no one is supposed to be able to get through, how do you put things in the vault? Perhaps there is another way in? How do guards get to the lower levels? Perhaps there are a lot of agents willing to "set off" the traps so the desired agent can retrieve the item? It bothered me in Tic-Tac, but I find much less so here.

Carina, Carina, Carina, what are we going to do with you? Or perhaps more correctly, what are you going to do with her?
Sudden Radiance chapter 4 . 1/6/2013
Well done Marc! As you say, there's certainly some greater clarity with this chapter.

While Carina, unfortunately, finds herself in a tough spot and she definitely deserves some sympathy, I think the greater issue is Chuck/Carmichael, still very unpredictable and seemingly out of control. This is a much more serious concern than canon where Sarah agonized over Chuck's character and moral standard slipping as a result of the spy life. Since she's married to Chuck, the stakes seem much higher here in that Sarah has much more to lose.

So where does this leave Carina? As it now stands, both Sarah and Carina are in a tough spot and it seems things are still on the downward spiral. I like that there seems to be considerable tension to be unwound here still!
ChuckFan19 chapter 4 . 1/5/2013
Great job once again! Definitely look forward to reading your stories, thanks for keeping my favorite show alive!
KryptonitePoison chapter 4 . 1/5/2013
So, Carina isn't really bad she's just following a plan. But if she feels that she had been abandoned she may go bad. I loved Dr. Dreyfus being in this chapter. Why would Carina do what Charles Carmichael said? I loved it when Bechman told Sarah that she and Carina would have to kiss and make up later, hehe. What do the bad guys want Carina to do? I hope the good guys don't leave her twisting in the wind for to long. Thanks for the update.
grandetiopaco chapter 4 . 1/5/2013
Love it! Can't wait to see this unfold.
phnxgrl chapter 4 . 1/5/2013
I loved this chapter! I loved how Sarah, Casey and Diane all now know of Charles existence. I loved how Carina was following Charles' plan. I wish that Charles was able to back her up. It was sad leaving Carina twisting in the wind. Please continue.