Reviews for Just Beyond the Reach
Mary Lou chapter 17 . 1/3
An ominous ending. I expect Bilbo and Thorin to get quite a lot of ribbing the next day. I am sorry that the story has ended. It would have been nice to see their wedding. Thanks for sharing your talent with us.
Mary Lou chapter 16 . 1/3
One thing is for sure, Thorin and Bilbo's relationship will never become boring. I think that Thorin is going to ace this challenge. Dwalin is quite a character and doesn't hesitate to state what is on his mind.
Mary Lou chapter 15 . 1/3
You are awesome! How you come up with all of your ideas is beyond me. I love the challenge that Bilbo put before Thorin. Just maybe Thorin will come to realize how very clever his Hobbit is. Unknowingly, Bilbo has made Thorin the stuff of legends. Dwarves will be talking about the great love that a king named Thorin had for his consort because of this challenge.
Mary Lou chapter 14 . 1/3
Talk about misunderstandings! Doesn't the fact that Bilbo has his arms around the king and is running his fingers through his hair count for anything? Dwarves certainly have their rules and regulations as a priority.
Mary Lou chapter 13 . 1/3
Poor Thorin. How much humiliation does he have to go through to win the object of his love? If this doesn't prove to Bilbo that Thorin loves him, I give up. I see that Kili's punishment did not help with his overactive mouth at all, which makes for great fun for the readers.
Mary Lou chapter 12 . 1/3
I am mortified about hearing about the dwarf and human children being taken and eaten. I take back my pity for the crickets. I wonder if Gur ate any of these poor children? I love it when Thorin says that the only infuriating Hobbit allowed in his chambers is Bilbo. Now, if that isn't a declaration of love, I don't know what is!
Mary Lou chapter 11 . 1/3
Well, this chapter was very enlightening. We learn why Thorin thought that Bilbo wanted to leave. It proves how much that Thorin loves Bilbo, in that he is willing let him go. The shaved beards committee was awesome. Good job! Fili was fun as usual, and poor Kili. He has to go to learn to keep his mouth shut.
Mary Lou chapter 10 . 1/3
The bath sounded wonderful after what ilbo has gone through. It is very obvious that Thorin cares very much for Bilbo, so why does want to send Bilbo away?
Mary Lou chapter 9 . 1/3
I wonder if Bilbo will get his ring back? I feel sorry for the crickets. They just wanted to live as much as any other living being would. Thorin has made it very clear that Bilbo better listen and keep his mouth shut.
Mary Lou chapter 8 . 1/3
I have to admit that it was hard to read this chapter. I wonder if Gur could be saved. No telling.
Mary Lou chapter 7 . 1/3
Man, oh man. It would be disastrous if Gur got the magic ring. His army of crickets would become invincible. I thought for sure that Gur was going to fondle Bilbo. Poor Kili. Sometimes it is best if one just does not speak.
Mary Lou chapter 6 . 1/3
Tsk. I really thought that Bilbo was going to do more than defend Kili's loks. It appears that Bilbo might actually need watching after al. Where is that Bilbo spunk and ingenuity?
Mary Lou chapter 5 . 1/3
Wow. Just wow. You sure do know how keep your audience's attention. This is one of the most imaginative stories that I have ever had the pleasure of reading. Sort of like a dark Alice in Wonderland.
Mary Lou chapter 4 . 1/3
My, oh my. I sure was not expecting crickets! I'm not sure if Bilbo is going to make it out of this situation.
Mary Lou chapter 3 . 1/3
I really think that Bilbo needs to give up at this point. It was fun for a while, but now it has become dangerous.