Reviews for If I Knew Then What I Know Now
dianaj2w chapter 5 . 1/7/2013
but WTF... oh Mary, what do you doing?
Hundley chapter 5 . 1/7/2013
You're really mean. Dean rejected by his mother is the worst hurt than can be done to Dean. I've always felt the loss of his mother was what formed Dean as much as anything John ever did to him. But to have her reject him! Oh, the poor baby.
sarah chapter 5 . 1/7/2013
poor Dean
and i understand why Mary is reacting in this way, its understandable as well
what a mess!
A Quantity of Eggs chapter 5 . 1/7/2013
*grabs tissue box*

:D
:S
oldwriter chapter 5 . 1/7/2013
Good play with emotions here. Seems very much realistic. Keep up the great work! Will always be here to read this story till the end.
knightjelly chapter 5 . 1/7/2013
No! Dean my poor baby! I want to give Dean the biggest hug right now! You're breaking my heart right now!
Stone120 chapter 5 . 1/7/2013
Dude, you freakin made me cry. My heart is broken and I'm sobbing right along with little Dean. You're mean. That's all I have to say. I need me a Kleenex.

I get Mary's reaction, but what did she think, that the man inside the little boy would rejoice at hearing those words from her?
Eliza Ghost chapter 4 . 1/5/2013
I think out of everything I enjoyed John's reactions the best here. Dean thinking of Sammy first was cute, but John's confusion and anger and concern and all that was great.
Hasmik Aharonyan chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
First things first – here is a big THANKS to you for actually taking our advice and starting the story you had had on your mind for a long while now. I’m very happy you did ‘cause I have read several fics with Dean going back in time to change the events of that night and ending up in his younger self’s body, but none of them can compare with what you have in mind and how you are doing this so far. That means I have already read all the four chapters posted so far and I really loved all of it. Like I said once I’m addicted to your stories, but this one takes that meaning to an entirely new level. This story is promising to be one of your best ones if not the best, and I am very-very excited about it. With your permission I’ll just review each chapter and make comments about them, and may anyone reading them forgive me for their length.
So, Dean Winchester is yet again being tortured (I had almost forgotten how much you love doing that to my favorite character, you meanie!) and not just simply tortured, but by professionals, in a torture facility designed specifically for that cause, with his brother already dead from the very same aforementioned torture. Very graphic description I would say. Not that I mind it (I always love your descriptions), it just made me want to rush into the room with the Colt and start the demon-massacre of the century. I wonder what they did to Sam however that made him die sooner than Dean. It’s not like his body can bear more damage than Sam’s, right? Though it also reminded me of how no matter how bad things get Dean is never the first to leave (except for being dragged to Hell, escaping from Sam and Cas when he wanted to say Yes to Michael and being pulled into the Purgatory), while others seem to do it a lot. It’s just logical that Dean would do all it took to die after Sam, so it wouldn’t look like he left Sam alone. Am I sounding too melodramatic?
What I loved is Dean’s comment regarding his final words. In a way it was reassuring. I was thinking that maybe if he was sarcastic enough to crack jokes he might be able to survive this after all and return Sam from the dead, again. But then the words “He’d failed” distracted me. So typical of Dean to think he was supposed to be some superman/angel/god mix that can do everything and if something – anything – went wrong then it was his fault. Which just proves how truthful your characters are to those originally on the show. They’re no different except for your characters have the features typical of them a bit magnified, and I’ve come to love that.
To tell the truth I had forgotten about Cas. At first I was a bit confused when he appeared, tried to imagine what season this was supposed to be in, but then my eyes caught Benny’s name in the long list of those who had left him, so I figured it’s somewhere in mid season 8 or around the end of it, ‘cause Benny’s still alive in episode 8x09. So Cas is out of the Purgatory and they’re probably hunting together because Dean says he should have been with the brothers. And I also assume that Cas has found a way to ignore or hide from Naomi, otherwise he wouldn’t have revealed that they apparently can’t win “this”.
I was also surprised that Cas was willing to send Dean to the past ‘cause he’d strongly believed it wasn’t possible before. Of course everyone can make a mistake, but I thought it very unlikely of Cas to change his mind about something so huge, apparently I am no exclusion to the rule of everyone makes mistakes. And the guidelines were strange, too. I mean I can see how they are important for the story, but I don’t see what would make Cas highlight their importance, I can’t find the link and logic yet. Maybe we could discuss this later. I must confess though I love it that Dean will remember everything that’s happened to him. Mostly because it ensures the Dean we know throughout the story, as well as the continuation of Dean/Castiel friendship (in other words there’s someone close enough with whom Dean can discuss his first life’s nightmares without sharing too much gruesome, disturbing and painful information with his own family, and also have a strong reliable force on their side). I chuckled a bit at “… before they had to continue the conversation in the afterlife.” Your choice of words always brings smile to my face even in situations like Dean dying. And it was also disturbing for me to realize I was both relieved and sad when Castiel offered just to end it all for Dean. I wonder what that all says about my psyche ;)
But Dean being Dean, of course would have accepted the deal for the plain reason that it meant his family had a chance to live and live a better life even, maybe. How could he say no? Although I think he would voice it more like “Who the hell am I to say no to that?”
Oh, how inattentive of him! Or I should say how badly hurt Dean was not to remember immediately that Cas did mention it was part of the deal. He’d told him he would have to grow up there. So no need to blame the poor angel for that, especially after he found his duffel/message with the supplies and the Colt (coming up in the next chapter). One thing I would like to mention here: I’m so glad you brought up the puzzle among Dean’s toys for two reasons. One – puzzles are always good to develop cognitive skills and brain functioning of kids, and two – Dean working on a big puzzle at age four proves what we all know already: he’s very smart and clever, maybe even smarter than Sam. But that’s just my personal impression of the brothers. Also for mentioning the calendar: it’s nice to know Dean was so neat and organized at such a tender age.
I’m already recognizing the Dean from “From Childhood’s Hour”, and boy, am I glad to see… ok, READ him. He was so cute with his incredible childish bravado, potty mouth, barely-controlled emotions and irresistible charm. I missed him a lot and it’s like having him back again, I feel like I’ve been rewarded with his presence. I’m sure your followers also feel something similar.
I know why you returned Dean to the evening of November the second. That way he would have no time to prepare for Azazel’s attack all on his own and would have to require help. With no Cas around he would have to turn to somebody else from his family, and that meant he would have to reveal at least some of the truth about himself which would mechanically ensure their future in hunting things and saving people whether he wanted it or not, whether he had any intention of escaping it or not (no matter what Castiel had told him about saving everyone all over again).
What a great way to end the first chapter of this awesome story. And yes, it is awesome; yes, you are still a genius; and no, I haven’t and will never regret for talking your ears off about having to find time and write it. Thanks.
RoseDragon666 chapter 4 . 1/4/2013
I just love this story. It's great and really interesting. I can't wait to see what happens next. John's going to be really mad. What are going to do about the two Cas. Are you going to have them met each other to help out maybe that way so many bad things won't happen. Can you try to add Gabe. Future Cas can try to get to help sooner. Keep up with this excellent story. Update soon PLEASE!
elf chapter 4 . 1/3/2013
Hey! Thanks for updating early. Um . . . not quite sure it was early enough. Can you call off a curse? Hmm. . . probably nothing to worry about. Still, if you see purple monkeys coming at you with magic markers and tubes of body glitter, you might want to run, just to be on the safe side.

Oh, and write faster on the next chapter. It might help the un-cursing take effect. :D
DeepLittleSOB chapter 4 . 1/3/2013
Yes, I am sucked in completely. You've done it again, my friend. Thanks for this one! I will admit I was weary at first because you've done the physically de-aged Dean thing already but I do like this one very much either way. It's different and I am in it to win it now. I look forward to more.
giraffethellama chapter 4 . 1/3/2013
this is fabulous, so perf, i cant

please continue doing what you are doing
FireChildSlytherin5 chapter 4 . 1/3/2013
John taking down the angel...and failed. haha can't stop laughing at that. And the image of Cas bopping his head as he drops.

Great chapter.
BranchSuper chapter 4 . 1/3/2013
John's worldview is about to change, once he wakes up... Good chapter.
10,410 | « Prev Page 1 .. 681 688 689 690 691 692 693 .. Last Next »