Reviews for And I Stood There
LadyBluePhoenix chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
I never liked the total panic maura went through with Frankie she did MSF/DWB. She took care of the prostitute girl at BCU competently of a little worried. And she jumps into action at the marathon. Plus it says she did two years of MSF in Dakar and another two in Ethiopia. I always assumed she was freaking out because Frankie was Janes little brother and Jane couldn't lose him and she was terrified to make him worse or accidentally kill him. I love this. Good work
Darcyless chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
This is an amazing take on Maura. Utterly perfect
Funicello chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
I like it, too, how the writers have given Maura opportunities to save lives, not just speak for the dead. Her warmth and compassion are what make her great...not just her brain. You've captured that here.
cupoftea1 chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
I was begging for someone to give Maura some development - just something for a back story other than what we know from the show, and this fic did so perfectly. Amazing.
mrj726 chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
Nice tie-in fic.
Que chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
Excellent work. It fits.
Rosalyn Marie chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
Oh this fic was so good. I was thinking the same thing about 9/11 and wondering what Maura would've done if she were in NYC (Bones did an ep this season and all the characters shared their experiences and I totally saw Maura in the same situation some ofof the characters were in)
This fic was very well done good job on characterization and such. It's like I didn't realize I wanted to read a fic like this but now I did and I'm glad I did.
Rosalyn
IsaBabisa chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
yes, it was amazing, in its way.
great story. all of your stories are amazing, of course, but I love the sheer thoughtfulness of this one. beautiful. happy christmas, hanukkah, kwanzaa, new year and every other winter holiday you can think of.
thanks for the story!
CountessCora chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
This was top notch. Going in favorites now.
maggie chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
Really well done. Good job at capturing the characters.
DrKCooper chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
This was heavy, but in the kind of way that makes a character finally make sense. While there were so many things about the finale that were irritating, unresolved, etc., the way that Maura's character was written for the finale was awesome. They make Jane seem like the strong one all the time or at least that's how it feels to me. Maura's character is just as tragic, just as brave, just as strong.
bkppr1066 chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
Oh! Context! Backstory! Rationale! And all beautifully written. This is what FanFic is supposed to be about - rounding out the characters, making them more alive. You show how Maura was driven to step up (and how!). And I like the allusion to Jane's urge to be in NYC that day. Loved it.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
Loved it!
socks-lost chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
Yes! Maura is difficult to write for sometimes and I think you captured her very well. And this was amazingly well written. And I loved how she was all in charge and stuff. Telling that EMT to put the injured in police cars. I hear a lot of people complaining about this finale but the character development that happened here, the culmination of the entire season was really amazing if you look hard enough. I agree with your author's note! This was awesome!
obsi2 chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
Nice job. It could be an explanation to one of the many layers Maura has. She's an amazing character and you did her justice with your fic. :)