Reviews for Battle Angel's Angel
Vatara chapter 1 . 2/13
Wow! Just...AMAZING! I've always loved this series and Hugo's death will always be one of the most tragic deaths I've witnessed so far. Your writing makes me feel Alita's emotions and how much pain she's going through. But, you've helped her succeed in living again with Hugo watching over her with his sincere smile. Beautiful work as always!
DarkMignonette chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
I think you captured Alita's feelings really well, and I liked the bittersweet ending, it stays true to the tone of the manga. Good one-shot!
Pen-Versus-Sword chapter 1 . 12/4/2008
Wow. This little gem made me glad I decided to trawl through the Pit. It's VERY well written, and I'm sorry I hadn't found it sooner (like YEARS sooner). And don't worry about the 'rules' regarding short stories...drabbles on FFNet are not only acceptable, but commonplace. I liked this very much.

Take heart! I've added 'Battle Angel's Angel' to my Hall of Excellence C2, Angst-tastic! A hearty congrats to you.
lordfolken chapter 1 . 10/25/2004
Hey Ryu Sakana!

Wow! I like it! Its so bitter sweet! Lovely! I think the setting, her walking through the dark streets of the scrap yard, is just perfect. Sets a damn good mood.

Oh yeah! You're one heck of a person to pay attention to details. I like it. Too often writers get caught up in their stories, and forget to include some sort of backing up theory, or idea.

I like yours! Keep writing more.

Lordfolken salutes you!

P.S: Have you read the new B.A Last Order manga? No. 4 i mean? Sigh ... I'm in Canada, and we get the Viz stuff so late! NOT FAIR! (pout) Anyway ... I know 5, 6 are already out in Japan! But yah! Alita rocks in the 4th one! YAH!

Anyway!

Till later!
Brittany Anderson chapter 1 . 9/3/2003
Hopefully, I can write you a story and not get in trouble. Well, here it goes...

Angel is an Angel

"Angel is my favorite word." Alita said

Sorry, gotta go and I cant finish, but I'll do it another time. Oh and I loved your story!
Dreamseer VeeTee chapter 1 . 11/16/2002
this is really sad... please continue.
Faye3 chapter 1 . 10/1/2002
gorgy! love it...also since that's my fave gunm book...

see you netspace cowboy,

faye
Elliot Bowers chapter 1 . 9/19/2002
_A critique should include statements on both the negatives and the positives of a story. So, on that note, let me begin by pointing out the negatives. On that note, I'd have to say... Gosh, this seemed a bit short. As short as Gally is! Oops, sorry about that! The Cloaked Man must be getting loose. Anyway, as mean as it sounds, I'd have to stand by that statement for a start.

_Well, what's wrong when things are too short? Long, long ago, at a University far, far away (or just a few miles down the street), a creative writing professor told me, "A short story is at least five [double-spaced] pages long." But that's her opinion; I'd say a short story has to be at least SIX pages long. It takes at least half a page just to get a decent start-and at least four pages to get plot and character development. At least one last page goes for the conclusion. Otherwise, a "story" is just a "vignette." Or it is a good introduction to what could be an interesting story. What I'm saying is, more is MORE. More is needed for a proper story.

_Okey-dokey. That does it for the mean nastiness. Now for POSITIVE commentary about your work...so far. This is a good start to what

could be a good work. Interesting, we see Gally immediately after Hugo's stratospheric hop... From here, you could add another character or two for Gally to talk to-or beat up, or something. I don't know; just make Gally DO something now. Have her run into another bounty hunter or friend of Ido's, for example. Or maybe, have somebody try and take that hat away from little Gally-girl!

_Heh-heh... Whatever you do, just do more. And if you do continue to make this into a full story, remember that there is no real time limit to whatever you do (unless you're working with a publisher or a professor). Take a week, take a month... Heck, take SEVERAL months. Just do MORE, okay?
Ryu Sakana chapter 1 . 8/4/2002
Yes, it's "Zolem" in the untranslated version (Gunnm), but in Battle Angel Alita, its name is changed to "Tiphares". -)
Zero chapter 1 . 8/3/2002
nice fic

but i thought that the city that Hugo wanted to go to was called "Zalem"