Reviews for Partners Regardless
Guest chapter 1 . 3/18/2014
Gemshipping and Thiefshipping are my two favourite pairings ever so, yay! I too like that the Thief King wasn't named (it would've gotten very confusing very fast). And lol, the horse named Kuriboh.
Shujinkakusama chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
This was entirely too much fun to read. I'm incredibly picky when it comes to Malik as the focus, but I was completely satisfied with how you wrote him here! I like that I don't think you ever gave the Thief King a name-it worked well, and I love that Malik and Bakura are completely selfish in their goals. Great work!
xXAnachronIsmEpsIceXx chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
Chehehe, that was amusing. Thief was pretty clever, challenging Malik to a race and making him crash so he could steal his jewelry. His persona seems cute, in a charming yet odd way. He just wants to woo Ryou. w I feel somewhat bad for Bakura too though. He doesn't seem like the agreeable type, so he most likely doesn't have any people who can tolerate him other than Ryou. This partnership of sorts between him and Marik should at least keep him busy and out of Ryou and the Thief's hair. :P
darksomeness chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
Heehee, I enjoyed this.

HORSE VS. MOTORCYCLE. Original AND a hilarious image. :)

I felt a little stab in the gut when Ryou said, "And that's why we can have separate lives!" I've got a younger brother, so I always get uber protective of him if I think he's hanging out with the wrong kind of people. It also hurts when he lies to me... I seriously sympathize with Bakura.

In spite of that, that my favorite part was the Gemshipping. Not sure why... I like that you left the "thief" unnamed. It also struck me as funny that it was a THIEF that got the THIEFshipping together, heehee... though you probably realized the cleverness behind it, being the author and all. ;P

There's just one thing I'm kinda confused about... who's Kuriboh? A genderbent LK? xD

Thanks for the good read, fellow contest participant, and best of luck in the contest!

-Albino Shadowz
Crystia chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
I love the plot to this! I also definitely appreciate the partner/deal relationship, and how it parallels their cooperation in the anime.

Well paced, good characterization...And gosh, I thought the horse and motorcycle race was awesome. Really cool! :)

...But who was Kuriboh? :O

Haha, anyway, great job. I enjoyed this a lot! Good luck in the contest. :P
-Crystia
sessiles chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
i'm preeeetty sure you're LAM on tumblr (well, ishtarclan currently, but you know what i mean) so hey, tsundaddy/atlass/sessiles (omg i think this is the last url change for a while though) so hey! when you said you got thiefshipping i knew it was gonna be good since you ship it, and wow, i really like that gemshipping was a side pairing. overall, i really enjoyed the feeling in this fic. not sure how to describe it, but it was the little things that made it seem like a sort of rural community around where everyone knew each other (the way Bakura said he knew thief's address, pulling a knife on Malik, all of it really gave it a solid feeling that I really enjoyed), and Bakura's character was portrayed well. Best of luck to you in the contest!