Reviews for Tournament Woes
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 1 . 11/19
"Only a fool goes swimming in February in Scotland." Only a crazy old fool schedules an underwater event in February in Scotland supposedly as a spectator sport.
jcampbellohten chapter 1 . 9/28
"I pulled back our watchers for fear of attracting the attention of the other side." Putting aside the fact that the people guarding him/his residence aren't supposed to attract attention from [italics]anyone[/italics], the only way they would attract attention from the other side is if the other side knew where Harry lived during the summer and went there, in which case [italics]it would be prudent to have guards posted[/italics].
...Wait a minute, the lack of contact and covert guards start the following year, anyway! Unless that's the change that was made?

"The dragon hit the tower and exploded." *incredulous 'wtf' face*

"Albus, in his misplaced wisdom, and revived the tradition..." Either "and" is meant to be "had", or there's a fragment of the sentence missing in the middle of that.

Despite a few 'wtf' moments, this was certainly entertaining. My favorite parts were Harry pulling up a chair in the third task and maybe his solution to the second task (him randomly knowing Mermish with no explanation is another hit to my suspension of disbelief. Dumbledore being less knowledgeable of the language than in canon is suspect, but I can accept that as part of the repainting of his character that was done.
Scott the Wanderer chapter 1 . 9/28
So when are you writing the sequel that show Albus waking up from the dream?

A: Albus never would have gotten Aberforth to leave especially with extra business in town.

B: Hannah Abbot was one of the people gossiping that Harry was Heir of Slytherin. Obviously meeting her and thus her Gary Stu Uncle, not going to happen.

C: Relighting the Goblet would have killed Harry, Fleur, Viktor, and Cedric in hours.

Four reasons your fic just would not work and I don't even need to work that hard.
DarkHeart81 chapter 1 . 9/23
Very amusing.
Tomon chapter 1 . 9/5
Heh, I admit to liking this kind of stories and this one was well done
adafrog chapter 1 . 8/21
Oooh, love it!
thepkrmgc chapter 1 . 8/11
its amazing what can happen when someone sensible is allowed to influence things
rigger42 chapter 1 . 6/4
lol. okay, the centaur was disturbing, the goats are *always* disturbing, but Abe as mastermind is priceless.
SilentSnowLeopardNinja chapter 1 . 5/2
And the disgraced brother who was forever in the background is actually the better old person. Smh. Irony.
Deathmvp chapter 1 . 4/15
Great work on having his brother as a real meddler here.
Snaggledog chapter 1 . 12/22/2014
I don't know how I missed this story. I loved it.
missgsmith51 chapter 1 . 10/16/2014
Great story! You guys are too funny! Just one thing ... Are you sure Albus would get drunk on fire whiskey? Given his addiction to those blasted sherbet lemons, I'm pretty sure he'd be a Limoncello man! ;)
kase519 chapter 1 . 10/8/2014