Reviews for Tournament Woes
fingerprint-by-fingerprint chapter 1 . 5/23
LOVED IT! Thanks for posting! :D
lilashannah chapter 1 . 5/17
i just finished rereading this short story.. its still one of my favorites. thank you!
Love2read23 chapter 1 . 5/1
Love it!
AMMiss chapter 1 . 4/27
Though I am a fan of Hermione, this was an amazing read and I liked how devious Abe can be against his brother! XD
kittyranma chapter 1 . 2/28
Wonderful twist at the end.
Right What Is Wrong chapter 1 . 1/5
Very funny except for the bit with the centaur. That was not funny, completely out of place, and frankly sickening if one thinks about the actual mechanics. Though I suppose that at least it's an equal-opportunity atrocity.

ASIDE from that bit, it was a hilarious take on the Tournament. Or perhaps I just like to see Dumbledore suffer.

P.S.
The 'unrestricted and fatal forced entry' gambit to the Tournament always annoys me, because that would make the Goblet of Fire a four-person Death Note. Seriously, it... Even if it was restricted to, say, annual use, that would be overpowered. Instant death, no saves? Whoever holds that version of the Goblet may happily piss upon the Hallows, Hogwarts, and anything and everything in between. Even stripping of magic would completely neutralize the wizards we see.

I realize the real Goblet is similarly obnoxious, but at least fanfiction can attempt to staple on reasonable restrictions/explanations for how Voldemort managed. (A Confundus? Seriously, JKR? Something that sixth-years can easily cast?) Unrestricted, it's so overpowered as to be world-breaking. Four people die a year, and no protections can stop it...

I'm not criticizing your fic in particular, especially as it's humor and not A Serious Record Of Lord Potter's Conquest Of The Wizarding World And All The Dimensions Beyond... but I've seen it enough times for it to get to me.
rowenasheir chapter 1 . 12/24/2016
I love that AB Dumbledore is the actual mover and shaker behind the scenes - Also like him as the head of the Dept of Secrets!
HK-47 chapter 1 . 12/10/2016
People keed dismissing the 'lesser Dumbledore', or using him for comic relief.
It's nice to see him as a power behind the throne, subtly destroying Albus and his 'great' plans.
Corwyn chapter 1 . 12/4/2016
Loved this story, thanks for sharing it with us
maartenvervloet chapter 1 . 6/17/2016
Go Abe
Saissa chapter 1 . 5/9/2016
Finally a REAL tournament Story - one where Harry refuses to rescue whoever is his hostage in the lake. He no longer follows his "people saving thing" quite as blindly as he usually does.

EXCELLENT Story!
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 1 . 11/19/2015
"Only a fool goes swimming in February in Scotland." Only a crazy old fool schedules an underwater event in February in Scotland supposedly as a spectator sport.
jcampbellohten chapter 1 . 9/28/2015
"I pulled back our watchers for fear of attracting the attention of the other side." Putting aside the fact that the people guarding him/his residence aren't supposed to attract attention from [italics]anyone[/italics], the only way they would attract attention from the other side is if the other side knew where Harry lived during the summer and went there, in which case [italics]it would be prudent to have guards posted[/italics].
...Wait a minute, the lack of contact and covert guards start the following year, anyway! Unless that's the change that was made?

"The dragon hit the tower and exploded." *incredulous 'wtf' face*

"Albus, in his misplaced wisdom, and revived the tradition..." Either "and" is meant to be "had", or there's a fragment of the sentence missing in the middle of that.

Despite a few 'wtf' moments, this was certainly entertaining. My favorite parts were Harry pulling up a chair in the third task and maybe his solution to the second task (him randomly knowing Mermish with no explanation is another hit to my suspension of disbelief. Dumbledore being less knowledgeable of the language than in canon is suspect, but I can accept that as part of the repainting of his character that was done.
Scott the Wanderer chapter 1 . 9/28/2015
So when are you writing the sequel that show Albus waking up from the dream?

A: Albus never would have gotten Aberforth to leave especially with extra business in town.

B: Hannah Abbot was one of the people gossiping that Harry was Heir of Slytherin. Obviously meeting her and thus her Gary Stu Uncle, not going to happen.

C: Relighting the Goblet would have killed Harry, Fleur, Viktor, and Cedric in hours.

Four reasons your fic just would not work and I don't even need to work that hard.
DarkHeart81 chapter 1 . 9/23/2015