Reviews for The Lion King V: Man Comes to the Pride Lands
Ultimate10 chapter 9 . 3/4/2013
Nice chapter! I was exciting to read. Keep up the good work.
Starzinmieyez chapter 9 . 3/4/2013
I'm glad Uzuri's okay :D And it's sad about the lion Ni Daniel loved so much :(
ManBearPig121 chapter 9 . 3/4/2013
another well written chapter that has yet again made me a bit teary not so much as Rafiki's death (which was brutal)but it was still sad to read that Ni died,and for a moment i thought you were going to kill off Uzuri as well.

and thank you for involving Rafiki, im glad to see he wasn't just tossed aside and forgotten about.
looking forward for the next chapter :)
Incarnate Firefly chapter 9 . 3/4/2013
Yay, speedy update! Nice to see you're picking up speed on the chapters, I hope that means you've found quite a bit of inspiration with the current plot. I really liked the idea that Rafiki's tree is the Tree of Life, and that the Pridelands are Eden. It's quite original and fascinating, and would even make a lot of supernatural things (like how the lions could talk) believable, as weird as that may sound.

Funny you mentioned Jane Goodall, I was actually thinking how similar Daniel's role among the Pridelanders was similar to her devoting her life to chimpanzees. And if this story is going in the direction that I think it is...

Ni is dead? Noooooo T_T...are you adapting my cruel habit of killing off nice characters in your stories? And if he died under the care of humans, that means Hasira is going to want revenge...oh no...
Resistant Warrior Madman chapter 8 . 3/3/2013
I will always give ideas if needed. And to finally see this next chapter, definately secures you in my most inspirational authors. Your also an author who if I live longer than, will never be forgotten.

RWM signing off.
Zero Unit RGB chapter 8 . 2/27/2013
Aslan...Very true. An infectious disease is certainly unique and so is the rampaging elephant. My most favorite parts is the awkwardsness between Kopa and Timir. Totally makes them more reliable, can't wait to see what happens next. I hope none of the lions get sick...
Angeltiger777 chapter 8 . 2/27/2013
Daniel sat awkwardly on Kopa's back for a moment, expression amazed. "I'm riding a lion," he declared disbelievingly.

"No kidding," Kopa grumbled. "Hold on to my neck or you'll fall off."

Daniel raised his spear up high "For Narnia!" he shouted happily.

"Cut!" the director yelled. Kopa sighed "Dan stick to the script." Daniel grinned sheepishly "Sorry I couldn't resist."
ManBearPig121 chapter 8 . 2/27/2013
if the next chapter is any more awesome, i think i might explode
Bookworm Gal chapter 8 . 2/27/2013
Daniel had some cool stuff in this chapter. Riding a lion Aslan-style and facing a crazed elephant. What could be better than that? Nice work and I look forward to more soon.
Starzinmieyez chapter 8 . 2/27/2013
I assume now the lions will get sick?
Ultimate10 chapter 8 . 2/26/2013
Great update! I wish I could've thought of a infection disaster. Oh well. Anyways, great chapter& there was plenty of detail, humor, & action. Props to Daniel for killing that elephant like a bad ass. I gotta say not too many people would've done that. Well I would've lol...but it depends on the situation. Like I said before great chapter & I can't wait for more. I know you have a life as do I but please don't keep us waiting a month or two. I realize you probably had a bit of writers block, were busy, or/and didn't feel like writing. Completely understand. Keep up the good work, Asante. PS: in the first sentence of authors note you said Asante was riding Kopa. Careless error my friend. Might wanna fix that. It okay cause plenty of careless errors & yours wasn't serious. Until then...
X Author Account Closed X chapter 8 . 2/26/2013
Ohhhh snap, a pestilence. And by the looks of it, rabies. Won't THAT be fun.

I'm sensing Daniel's going to go down the Jane Goodall route.
Wiechcheu1925 chapter 8 . 2/26/2013
Daniel riding Kopa did remind me of Aslan (sorry, I just don't like those Narnia movies.) Daniel killing the elephant just made me think, "Matrix!" it was so awesome. I just loved the work you put into this chapter, just like you into every one of your stories. I wonder when the lions will realize that humans and "the Lion Hunters" are the same thing? I greatly anticipate the next chapter of this wonderful story.
MidnightHunter563 chapter 8 . 2/26/2013
awesome chapter, Dan killing a murderous elephant was bada$s and i can't wait to see what he does next. i hope Dan gets more chances to ride a lion, i definitely think that his and Kopa's relationship will change but i have a feeling it won't be over night. keep up the good work and i really hope you update soon.
Incarnate Firefly chapter 8 . 2/26/2013
Nice to see a new chapter, it's been a while since I've come to until I got the email notification. I think the biological disease was a great idea, and although I hope none of the main characters die, I think it'll be interesting to see if it returns in later chapters.

It was nice to see how Daniel impressed the pride with his knowledge of weaponry. It's a good demonstration that technology, however primitive, can be used for good if it comes with responsibility. I'm sure that even Kopa can't complain about the choices Daniel made and the consequent good that came out of it.

I thought your idea of God bringing Daniel to the pride was interesting. I don't suppose it's a question that will be answered, but it's really best left like that. On another note, I hope you bring up the homosexuality thing again so that it remains a constant if secondary theme to the story, rather than introduced, forgotten, and then resurfaced.

Grammar: "The prince roared threateningly, swiping at the elephants feet with his claws to get its attention." You might want to clarify whether it was Kopa or Kovu that roared. I'm thinking Kopa, but nonetheless, it's a little confusing since they're together and they're both of the same title.

"He's sick and out of its mind!" You used both "he" and "its" to address the elephant, so yeah, pretty self-explanatory.

Hope to see the next chapter soon!
244 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »